Sign in to follow this  
Dark Gundam

Found Alt OP and C. Menasor, thoughts and lotsa pics

Is Alt OP in a case assortment w/ Mirage, Camshaft and Meister?

Question 2, is Menasor being shipped out with Primus? I just want to know in case I just missed them. I actually lucked up by going to a WalMart I hardly ever go to cause they take so long to restock, the moment I turned the corner in the toy ailse and saw Alt. Optimus, I grabbed him and looked for Mirage with no luck, just Rollbars and Ricochets, discouraged, I sifted thru some Cybertron stuff and found Menasor. As I was reading the box the TF section was packed with 4 other collector's, one strange guy w/ a fanny pack seemengly talking to himself while examining a Cyb. Repugnus. Another really serius looking guy who looked at Soundwave and a few others before seeing me w/ Alt Opt. and strode off, the other two guys bought Alt Streaker, talk about great timing.

My thoughts on Menasor vary, he is a great toy but I wish he was larger, in the show he Towers over everybody else, he should have been at least as tall as Megatron. Anyways on to the pics and thoughts.

Alt mode is not as bad as you may think and actuallu gets pulled off well once in your hands. Most of the pics we've seen he's been mistransformed, even Hasbro's instructions have him mistransformed. Clearly his elbows connect with his heel in alt mode and spread wider when powerlinked w/ his minicon.

Here he is pictured with his minicon.

000_0459.jpg

His minicon can also powerlink with the vehicle mode as well.

000_0480.jpg

000_0473.jpg

000_0474.jpg

His minicon is small in bot mode, probably the smallest. His alt mode is nice but could've used painted windows as pictured on the box. He is a dunp truck with a shovel type front that moves up and down. Here are some pics of Heavy Load and friends.

000_0465.jpg

new.jpg

000_0462.jpg

000_0464.jpg

Menasor's robot mode is nice as well with a great face and head sculpt. He has about 16 points articulation and has nice tight rachet joints and holds together very well, he also has 6 minicon ports. A nice touch that his chest folds down and can house his minicon, close it up and hide him away. His drill on the left hand lights up and makes sounds and the transluscent blue looks really good on him.

000_0467.jpg

000_0466.jpg

000_0476.jpg

000_0469.jpg

000_0472.jpg

Not many pics of Alt Prime cause I don't plan on removing him from the box as 20th ann. Prime leads my Alts on the shelf. One interesing note though, where the state should be on the plates says Cybertron, written in red, right above the PRIME.

new345.jpg

Prime is in the series before the mirage, camshaft, miester series. Grant it he is in that series as well, I believe he is also in the previous series.

As far as menasor, since he is a different class size than primus they dont ship together. They are released together but your store may not get one one due to the amount of other figures. In other words dont expect primus if Starscreams bog the shelves.

Thanks for the pics too, looking good.

nice, thanks for the pics!! Yea it sucks the scales are off in this toyline but what are you gona do :D Still love the figures :)

SS I like you're new sig :)

The previous Alt Prime case had Prime, Rollbar, Ricochet, Skids. The current one (most likely the one you found Prime) has Prime, Mirage, Meister, Tracks. Which means if you want Mirage then you must have missed it. The next case will have Prime, Camshaft, Mirage, and Meister.

Thanks for the pics, nice. I just got alt prime myself today... alot things bug me about this figure...Lack of rachet joints, its/he's really flimsy and loose...Nothing really locks in place in bot mode. Really disappointing.

Alt Prime remains an elusive dream....or a waking nightmare, take your pick.

Menasor isn't one that I'll be knocking any doors down to get, but I'll likely get him when I find him. I'd be shocked if that was anytime soon with all the CD Red Alert figures that are choking the crap out of the shelves. One store had 12 of them last time I was there. :blink: #WTF#

I plan to do a little looking around today, but I really doubt if I'll find anything. For some reason, stores only seem to get new stuff in toward the end of the week or on the weekend around here. I almost NEVER see them restock anything early in the week.

Finally picked up Menasor today.. Its really not bad.. I was a little reluctant to pick this guy up cuz Im not to thrilled with transformers without a "face" and hands...but yeah it grew on me.

i found prime and mirage last night. i picked up mirage *jumps for joy* and he is sweet but i left prime on the shelf. the red plastic does nothing for me, i'll pick up the Bt version. the only others i saw were meister in the new packing and either tracks or skids...i forget

Nice pic's....

Eric that new avatar makes you head look thin.

Eric that new avatar makes you head look thin.

The pic did'nt look like that until I used it here, its slim'd out for some reason. By the way, you still have'nt accepted my friend request on xbox live. @grumpy@