New Frontier Pictures (Superman and Blackhawk)

therewasme

So folks have been asking for pics so I took a few along with some commentary Enjoy!

Blackhawk

DSCN1276.jpg

Points of Articulation: 14- ball jointed neck, semi-ball shuolders, single joint elbows, cut wrists, cut waist (!), t-joint hips, single joint knees, but boots

DSCN1278.jpg

Accessories: base, gun with two removable clips, holster for gun and pouch for clips (back of figure not pictured), holster and pouch are attached to figure, hat is not removable.

DSCN1284.jpg

Pros: great articulation for a DCD figure, great paint application and accessories plus it's the only Blackhawk figure released in 6 inch scale from DCD.

DSCN1274.jpg

Cons: stuck joints (I would put in freeezer before moving joints), gun doesn't fit into hand well

Overall: 4 out of 5 stars

Superman

DSCN1286.jpg

Points of Articulation: 11- ball jointed neck, semi- ball jointed shoulders, single jointed elbows, cut wrists, t-jointed hips, single join knees

DSCN1288.jpg

Accessories: base, movie camera

DSCN1292.jpg

Pros: great paint application, great sculpt accurate to source, closest we'll ever come to owning a Max Fleischer Supeman action figure

DSCN1293.jpg

Cons: Stuck joints, camera doesn't fit into hand too well

Overall: 5 out of 5 stars

DSCN1296.jpg

Squinty eyed heroes unite!

DSCN1289.jpg

thanks tommy, im def. not into these NOW, but i will be once the movie comes out :) you know it :)

What movie? New Frontier was a comic series. I picked up my Superman on Saturday and have yet to open him but he looks amazing to me. I want to pick up the Hal Jordan too. I'm hoping they do another assortment with Martian Manhunter, Batman, King Faraday and the Flash. I'd buy them all.

Thanks for the pics man. Blackhawk looks really good, but man I really hate Superman.

Picked up Green Arrow to fit into my Silver Age collection (and so I wouldn't have to spend the money tracking down the two pack one)

Green Arrow

DSCN1299.jpg

Points of Articulation: 14- ball jointed neck, semi-ball jointed shoulders, single jointed elbows, cut forearm (left arm), cut wrsit (right hand), cut waist,t-joint hips, single jointed knees, boot cuts

DSCN1303.jpg

Accessories: base, arrow, bow

DSCN1304.jpg

Pros: Great sculpt based off likeness in series, more than the usual DCD articulation, overall good standard pose.

DSCN1309.jpg

Cons: Again, the stuck joints. I had the hardest time moving his head and waist, even after putting him in the freezer. Paint application is slightly messy, iaround the neck, where the head and hat meet and slighty heavy on some parts of the body. As noted online his accessories are very fragile. The bow broke while trying to put it in his hand and the arrows on his back feel really fragile, with one already breaking while getting it out of the package. His sculpt also limits the type of poses he can be put in despite the added articulation.

DSCN1315.jpg

Overall: Good but not quite on target (heh) 3.5 stars out of 5

DSCN1308.jpg

Green Arrow is the best figure in the wave.....I like like him.

thanks tommy, im def. not into these NOW, but i will be once the movie comes out :) you know it :)

What movie? New Frontier was a comic series.

They are preparing a feature length "New Frontier" animated movie, similar to the way Lionsgate adapted the first few "Ultimates" issues into "Ultimate Avengers."

what he said ^

What movie? New Frontier was a comic series.

They are preparing a feature length "New Frontier" animated movie, similar to the way Lionsgate adapted the first few "Ultimates" issues into "Ultimate Avengers."

what he said ^

I hadn't heard about that. That sounds pretty good to me.

I just picked up Wonderwoman and Superman from this series and its sculpts are on the spot from the New Frontier Art.

I found wonderwoman to be a little out of scale to the rest of the figures (she's a bit more meatier Lolz) Becareful removing her sword from the packaging, as the handle broke right off( with the peg). She comes with the said sword, sheild, golden lasso and alternate "helmeted" head. Her skirt is made of the same soft vinyl material as superman's cape so it doesnt hinder her hip articulation at all.

If they release a series 2, I hope they would make: Martian Manhunter, Batman and Robin, Aquaman, Flash and the Spectre...

Cant wait for the movie to come out and I hope they dont cut down on the violence just like it was in the graphic novel...