The Plague!

Recondo

Heya guys. :) It seems like a lot of people around the web are unsure about the Plague and/or their place in Cobra.. maybe I should fill in the back story.

When Brandon Jerwa & I were asked to write these, we were given the general theme. According to Hasbro, CC wanted to establish his OWN version of a "GI Joe" team.. and build it up with the best of the best from each of the Cobra specialties (hand selected). CC wanted them to become individuals with code names, a team name (The Plague), and perform special/elite operations for CC himself.

Essentially, CC came to the point that "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" & decided that he'd try a Joe style unit instead of a usual cannon fodder unit, like the rest of his army.

I am guessing that if these packs sell well and there is enough call for them, Hasbro might consider coming out with more Plague members in the future.

But anywho, these are the first 3 that were selected for the team.. and their file cards say where they came from, why they are so great (compared to others from their respective groups), & what they specialize in.

Hope this helps.

(PS Brandon wrote Grim Skull & Red Zone.. I wrote Rook & Gallows.. & we both contributed to the other 2, Guillotine & Checkpoint. I hope they meet with your approval! :))

AWESOME! I dont mind their use of SEs body, I just dont care for the diff colored faces. If it was all one color, I think that they'd look cooler.. lol.. but you dind't have anything to do with that, lol.. just bringing it up :)

The backstory sounds very interesting, and you guys did a bang up job writing the filecards. Much better then some of the profiles Hasbro comes up with sometimes.

Gallows and Grim Skull are the best looking and the fact that their unique characters I think justifies the different color faceplates.

Isn't "Red Zone" a deodorant from Old Spice?

From what I could read of the File Cards in the pics, I liked it. I also like the fact that Andrew and Brandon, two stand-up guys who are talanted true fans, got to write them. I've always been a fan of more individualized Cobras. Especially ones that worked their way up from the ranks. Real Cobras and not hired thugs.

Good work, guys!

Awe shucks.. *blush* lol

I am just happy that you guys like em. I may never write another file card again, but it was fun getting to do it for this pack, even just this once. :)

Guest DavAnthony

Cool, I like them and the file cards reminded me of the old cards. The characters personalities were established well and as a kid I couldn't wait to start incorporating them with my other figures. Although I don't play anymore I got that same urge from back then, so great job!

Dave

What happened to larry hama?

He was kidnapped by Cobra never to be heard from again ;) No seriously he's currently writing the new GIJoe Comic limited series called G.I.Joe Declassified. Its good, you should go out and pick it up.

Again, thanks guys. :)

To further what I talked about earlier, I guess Hasbro said in the con roundtable, (paraphrased) "..there were originally 13 'Delta/Joe' style Plague members slated, but for now only the first 3 are getting released." (thanks to Chris aka Werecat)

And I think we'll have a chance to see more of these (I hope).. maybe even all 13 if fans enjoy the concept & demand them.. but not for a long while now witht he 3 3/4" hold.

But hey.. who knows.. its a new fresh idea that Hasbro came up with & maybe they'll eventually follow through with it. Like the original 13 Joes, we'll possibly have an original 13 Plague to talk about someday. :)

One can only hope.

Cool!

I like this concept.

Thats awesome that you got to write some filecards...

thats a young fanboy's wet dream coming true right there.

Congrats.

oh and I hope they make all 13 too.

And I also wanted to add that the idea of individualizing troops is pretty cool. I liked that concept with the elite vipers from the OPERATION FLAMING MOTH sets from CC. And now it looks like Hasbro is taking that concept themselves. They could give new headsculpts to any troop builder and individualize him to be some leader or elite or best of the best type of guy.

Well hope to see more of anything in '07

Cool!

I like this concept.

Thats awesome that you got to write some filecards...

thats a young fanboy's wet dream coming true right there.

Congrats.

oh and I hope they make all 13 too.

And I also wanted to add that the idea of individualizing troops is pretty cool. I liked that concept with the elite vipers from the OPERATION FLAMING MOTH sets from CC. And now it looks like Hasbro is taking that concept themselves. They could give new headsculpts to any troop builder and individualize him to be some leader or elite or best of the best type of guy.

Well hope to see more of anything in '07

Like they said, if the demand is there, more of the characters will be made (perhaps all 13 of them), if not HASBRO feels that there is enough customizers that can customize the rest of the Plague Troopers with the current molds. I sure hope that we see more of them as well. The characters look pretty awesome!

I really like the idea of the Plague. I sure hope sales will allow for the production of the rest of these monsters (Though now that I know there are 10 other members, I hope they don't all have names beginning with "g." Or is Cobra Commander so obsessed with having his anti-G.I. Joe that he picked the same letter? G.I. CObra? @loll@ ). Has anyone else noticed that the Gallows and Grimskull figures (despite the filecard similarities) have different head sculpts? Gallows has a smooth stripe on his helmet, while Grim Skull has spikes. It also looks as if Gallows has small, horizontal slits on his mouthpiece, while Grim Skull has vertical vents. It'd be cool if the other members had very personalized helmets: white skull on black helmet, flames, etc.

The Plague idea is...okay.

How the hell does Steel Brigade fit into the G.I. Joe team?

Persoanlly I see them as the Joes "Second Team", the guys who aren't quite as expereinced as the other joes, but who are significantly more skilled than most member's of other elite units.

I find this set is a very interesting offering, I like the Steel Brigade more than the Plague though

The Plague idea is...okay.

How the hell does Steel Brigade fit into the G.I. Joe team?

I actually like the idea that we are getting additional SB figures to battle the Plague Troopers. I still like the GIJCC steeel brigade figures though (since they are RAH molds). I too hope that we get all 13 members of the Plague Troopers.