BLADE:The Series

OB1Killa

oh shi... oh wait... it airs at 10 here... HA!!

I may be abel to watch it still :D

wow I went out and got a movie and woulda totaly forgot

I thought it was okay, I need to see a few more episodes before I give my final judgement. Is every episode going to be that long? It felt like Blade 4 or something. I think that Kirk "Sticky" Jones did an alright job as Blade I just don't like his voice, it's too soft and not deep enough for what I have always thought of Blade. And also how come in the movies Blade can take out 50-60 vampires at once, but in here he has difficulty with 3-4 of them. I thought this was supposed to take place after Blade 3, so shouldn't he be relatively close to the way he was in the movies?

Nuff Said

I didnt like the pilot episode. His potrayal of Blade IMO was weak and he got his @ss kicked waaaay too much. And when did blade ever have a space between his teeth!? Vampires now have anti-garlic and anti-silver serum?!?!? Lolz!!

Ok, maybe I was a little too harsh. I'll stick around for a couple more episodes. The previews for next week's show looked alright....

Have to say it was better than I was expecting. The guy playing him seemed to really come off like he was trying too hard to do the whole deep, brooding voice thing. Hopefully within the next few eps. it will become more natural. His fighting wasn't as smooth as Snipes' either.

Overall it was ok, I'll probably catch it when I can.

in the brief interview with sticky jones, he mentioned that he was thought he was better than wesley snipes at blade...far better. psh. from the looks of the first ep, he doesn't have the martial artist ability to handle the role. was it just me or did he never use his legs when he fought?

I thought it was good. I'm going to have to watch a few more episodes thought to see if I like where it's going. Anyone else catch that they mentioned Moon Knight.

Yeah, I caught that too. When the researcher(Randy Quaid's character)says his collegue "Marc Spectre" specializes in werewolves; Marc Spectre is Moon Knight's name. Coincidence? We'll see. Also, Chase says "if you see the Lycan glyph, stay away". Looks like they'll be introducing some werewolves in the near future. I personally thought that this pilot was very well done. I agree that Blade's persona is a tad "forced"(just like Wesley Snipes LOL), however, I'm sure that this "bug" will be worked-out. No series has ever begun without a few glitches. The story and concept is solid(IMO) and I think that this series has the potential to be great given time. I can't wait to see more and pardon the pun, but "the thirst is taking hold"!

I enjoyed the pilot and I'm looking forward to future episodes. Personally I find

the vampire villians here much more interesting than those in the films. I had to get

use to the idea of Sticky being Blade, but he did a pretty decent job and once he is

settled in the role I'm sure other will learn to accept as the new title character.

Not Bad. I think "Sticky" needs to work on the voice though. It's like he's trying to hard.

I hear they may be crossing other marvel knights type characters in if the series continues on.

Punisher. Moon Knight, Nightstalkers, Werewolf by Night, etc... for possible spin-offs.

All in all it was entertaining and watch-able. I'm going to see where this first "story arc" goes and hope it gets better.

So far as I was aware, the series prequels the first film and along the way it should explain how Blade gets his tatoos etc. Perhaps he gets stronger and fits into the role more as the series goes on DELIBERATELY

They talk about Sommerfield and Blade's inhaler....all things that happened in the movies. So it has to take place after the movies.

Oddly the begining with him being Russia, seems to put it right after the First Blade. But that is overuled by the lines mentioned above.

I saw it last night....& it was good...except.. I thought that blade was trying too hard to be Wesly Snipes....with the voice & all....

I couldnt' stand that female army cop, used to be a seargant? my a$$!!!

But yeah...it looked like it took as loong as Trinity....oh well...

I will just have to wait & see what happens next....

in the brief interview with sticky jones, he mentioned that he was thought he was better than wesley snipes at blade...far better. psh. from the looks of the first ep, he doesn't have the martial artist ability to handle the role. was it just me or did he never use his legs when he fought?

WS should go smack him around for that lol...

UGH, that was horrible, worse than Blade Trinity, and that's saying alot.

thats pretty bad... or wait ... what one is that again?.. the one where he kinda falls in love with the vampire chick or the other one where they whipe out all the vamps? :S If its the later then ouch ouch but I loved the one withthe vampire eating monsters in it :D

So far as I was aware, the series prequels the first film and along the way it should explain how Blade gets his tatoos etc. Perhaps he gets stronger and fits into the role more as the series goes on DELIBERATELY

yes I think they may go that route as well.... sorta a BTVS bit... Though really blade is how old?.. he should allready be an asskicker just cause of his age alone :P I"m downloadin g it now, 2 -3 more hours & I can watch YAY! :D all these bad reviews though do not look good!! :(