25th Anniversary

jinx723

Hey guys I posted this over at Joebattlelines and was wondering what kind of feedback I'd get here. I know I'm jumping the gun before we even get this years COBRA MOST WANTED SET, but I was wondering wouldn't it be cool if for next years con set we got the original 13 members with Cobra Commander and Dr. Venom? I keep reading on how Hasbro should do something for the 25th anniversary, which we'll find out in a few days. This way we can finally get Flash/Grand Slam and Dr. Venom. They can even use the comic pack molds with realistic military colors and Cobra Commander has to come with the Battle Mask. This years set has casted heads they could probable cast Flash/Grand Slam's torso and Cobra Commander's Battle Helmet. The Paradrop figure could be Shooter, and the vehicle could be the JUMP Jet Pack. They can even name the set "G.I.JOE MOBILE STRIKE FORCE TEAM" like it was listed in the original 1982 toy catalogue. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking. How would you guys do the 25th Anniversary set?

If it's a con set, it will be army builders. There just isn't the market for a non army builder set: especially now that most of the original 13 have already been re-released.

As part of a retail anniversary set, I would see this, but it will certainly be new sculpt and not re-release of classic, ARAH molds.

Frankly, I find this idea rather boring. The original 13 are too similar and most of the characters have been released multiple times already. The notion of having 1 boxed set has no appeal to me. While I'd like to see new renditions of ARAH Grand Slam or Flash, the reality is that the comic figures are already too similar and dated and I think any appearance of these figs would only reinforce that.

Now, were someone to get a bit creative at Hasbro and use some molds from the late '80s and '90s in interesting ways, I'd be interested to see what they could devise.

You had me untill Shooter (who wants a guy named after jim shooter, the editor in chief at the time issue 1 came to press)? I like the idea of an original team, bring back the basics, update some, but give me updated vessions of our classics. cool idea, hell bring us a new super trooper, or star duster.

I definitely wouldn't want to see them as a convention set. Especially with the fiasco of the 1997 Stars and Stripes set, I think it's safer if Hasbro just stuck with putting the original 13 in comic pack or new sculpt form. I think if Hasbro came up with an Urban Assault set, it would definitely sell out even faster than the Iron Grenadiers set.

You would need something good and really 'signature' (for lack of a better term) for a 25th anniversary set. I honestly can't really think of anything that would be appropriate.

Maybe something that included a bunch of Cobra Infantry, as that would be the only appropriate army-builder for the set, but you'd want to take care not to include primary figures that have been done to death. A dozen Infantry with 2 Officers and a CC using the CG body instead of the BC one (a lot of folks have no problem with it, but I really don't like that body mold)

That's the best I can come up with. :rolleyes:

For the 25th anniversary, I'd bring back some of the long-lost fan favorites like v.1 CC, v.2 Snake Eyes, and the V.1 BAT.

Of course that won't happen. Making an effort to preserve their best work for future use seems to be something Hasbro has no interest in.

I have it!! Hear me out.

Robot Rebellion set with 3.75 inch sky-bats, ninja bats, and the newest bats, with the unmade robot rebellion cobra commander (look at hisstand for pics) joe 3 pack, sigma 6 styled 3.75 figures of Duke, Storm shadow, and High-tech! plus a super sized bat like overlord vector, or overkill in glass jar.

Vehicle exclusive.. they could remake the toxo lab into a cobra bat station, and for the joes re remake the mega marines a. p. c. in sigma 6 colors Oh Yeah Throw in a weapons pack and a carry case and we're all set for 07! Yo-Joe!!!