Hasbro Roundtable Questions

cmderinchief

OK, for the non-con'ers, post your questions to Hasbro here and I'll try to get them answered for you. I will add a thread for questions for the Club and Devil's Due roundtable as well.

Preface...no, there will not be a remake of the Flagg or Terrordrome. Don't ask!! @loll@

HASBRO QUESTIONS ONLY IN THIS THREAD. CAN BE Sigma 6, RAH, or 12" RELATED!

I have five questions.

1. Do they have the DEF Shockwave mold still in their possession?

2. Are they planning on using that mold for an upcoming comic pack or 6-pack anytime soon? If not, do they have an idea of when?

3. Are the 6-packs only going to be strictly new sculpt figures or will there be old sculpt figures coming up?

4. Will we get a Dreadnok Buzzer, Dreadnok Zandar, and/or Dreadnok Heartwrencher anytime soon?

5. Will there ever be a re-release of the RAH Alley Viper without the Duke legs?

ok well heres min

1) where dose the 3 3/4in stand

2) why are the waves for the DTC comming out so slow.

3) what plans do they have for the 25 annaversty

4) will there be more new sclupt 6packs

5) can we get the sub teams back in new sculpt like NF,TF and muraders, and PP

thats it for now,

Any chance of an original team remake pack, or some exclusives in the way of dreadnok vehicles (like the ground and air assaults) Or does hasbro have plans to make the unmade battle ranger line? I personally would love to see hasbro make the don't ask items, but how about a cobra shuttle to go up against the defiant, c'mon hasbro even sigma 6 needs better vehicles, give those kids some planes, and tanks to stick those bigger joes into battle with.

Thank you for your time.

Oh, and give us some mail away exclusive items , and a fan club that hasbro direct can bring out more.

Here's some of mine:

1) If DTC is supposed to be geared to the fans, why does Hasbro refuse to listen to fan's suggestions? (new molds, new Serpentor,etc.)

2) Is there the possibility that Hasbro will open up DTC 3-3/4'' Figure Wave selection to the fans a la SOTA's Street Fighter?

3) Are we ever going to see some of the unproduced molds (Battle Armor CC) released in DTC Waves? (I know Hasbro will probably claim that they don't know anything about them or they don't exist - I hate it when they play dumb)

Similar questions to other people...

1) What are the plans for the 25th Anniversary of the 3 3/4" figures in 2007?

2) What are the long term plans for the 3 3/4" line (DTC, Comic Packs, 6-Packs, etc.)?

3) What are (if any) plans for the 12" figures? Will they ever return? Companies like Dragon, BBI, Ultimate Soldier, Sideshow, etc. seem to be doing pretty well with 12" figures, why doesn't Hasbro want in on the action?

4) Is it the 1970s all over again? What do rising gas prices, a war unpopular with much of the population, and shifting youth markets mean for GI Joe today? Is Sigma Six the Adventure Team of the new millenum - trying to take all of the military aspects out of GI Joe and changing the scale of the figures to market the brand differently? Goofy 8" figures killed the GI Joe line once before, will they do it again?

I'd love to hear the Hasbro rep's reaction to #4 especially.

Sorry to be one of those grumpy old men beating the dead horse of "Sigma Six is killing GI Joe", but that's the way I honestly feel.

With the recent Q&A sessions Hasbro had with the various online sites for the Star Wars line, Hasbro made it known that Playsets are really not one of the strong points and probably wont being seeing the light of day for some time.

My question is, How do playsets/basses look for GI Joe toys in the next year or two? In the teaser "trailer" of the second season of Sigma 6, the word "terrordrome" was seen on a video screen, could this possibly mean that there would be a Sigma 6 playset/base of the terrordrome.. and what are the odds of us seeing these in the 3&3/4th scale?

Thank you.. and give them one of these for me @smilepunch@

-Joe

Here's another one..

What's Hasbro take on customizing, casting and selling GI Joe toys? If someone was to repaint a figure, then sell it, does hasbro look into these things? Whatabout someone casting their own heads, or sculpting onto a Hasbro head, making a new and unique character, thencasting and selling that head.

what about other body parts, or whole figures... where does hasbro draw the line in seeing something that's borderline copyright infringement?

Thank you again...

-Joe

Here's some of mine:

1) If DTC is supposed to be geared to the fans, why does Hasbro refuse to listen to fan's suggestions? (new molds, new Serpentor,etc.)

2) Is there the possibility that Hasbro will open up DTC 3-3/4'' Figure Wave selection to the fans a la SOTA's Street Fighter?

3) Are we ever going to see some of the unproduced molds (Battle Armor CC) released in DTC Waves? (I know Hasbro will probably claim that they don't know anything about them or they don't exist - I hate it when they play dumb)

Yeap ask these! Cc better said it better than i could. How about a few more though,

1. Recently Hasbro was worried about two many scales and brand confusion, are they not now repeating this problem by introducing a 3rd scale. and TELL THEM NO MARVEL LEGENDS JOE that would be a 4th scale and would further split up the fanbase. Sorry all you ml fans but i hate the idea and don't see good in the long run if it further divides one of the most divided fanbases (12", new sculpt, arah, sigma)

2. ANy plans for the orginal 13 in new sculpt form?

3. Any more plans for ddp comic packs? or just new sculpt comic packs.

1.When will we see vehicles, new designs and re-releases of classic vehicles that haven't been re-released 3 times already?

2. What about a 2.5 inch classic line so we can possibly see some old vehicles like the Tomahawk or Night Raven, and maybe even a long shot for a new U.S.S. Flagg, or even a Cobra Helicarrier?

3.Will it be possible to see a G.I. Joe / Transformers crossover toy line? Hint hint hint Starscream as a Night Raven and Optimus Prime as a Rolling Thunder.

I'd have to ditto a few already expressed here...

1. What does the future hold for the 3 3/4" line?

2. What plans do they have for the 25th Anniversary of the 3 3/4" line, perhaps something similar to the VOTC Star Wars figures?

3. Is there a chance at seeing some 6" Marvel Legends G.I. Joes?

How long do I have to wait to get A Viper in V1 colors?

Um, you don't. It was released in 1986 and is very easy to find these days. ;)

Or the 2003 Spy Troops repaint is fairly close to it :P

If DTC is supposed to be geared to the fans, why does Hasbro refuse to listen to fan's suggestions? (new molds, new Serpentor,etc.

Now, I HAVE to give my take on this: Hasbro doesn't refuse fan's suggestions, but a LOT of fans' suggestions are unreasonable given the tight budget Hasbro has for DTC. While it is easy to say "we want new molds" or "we want character X" is far harder to get things like funding for new molds out of the bean counters.

Contrary to popular belief here, Hasbro is NOT out to screw fans.

As far as the question I'm wondering about:

1. Given the good reception of the 2.5 line, will we see a more standardized figure with greater articulation?

2. What is the status of the unsold stocks of wave 6?

3. What have been the general sales trends for the various lines?

are there any plans for existing arah molds that we may or may not have seen already to have missing original parts recast...for instance the viper legs?

I have five questions.

1. Do they have the DEF Shockwave mold still in their possession?

2. Are they planning on using that mold for an upcoming comic pack or 6-pack anytime soon? If ?

thats really intersting, cause i think they probably do, and we know they have def mutt...i'd bet they had long arm or mace around...they already have headman looks like an easy 6 pack to me, espesically if they uncover the headmen or the stormies

Will Hasbro continue HTS for upcoming product and provide ample stock instead of the nil availability of popular figures like the Cobra Trooper?

Somebody please support new sculpt 3.75. There are a great many of us who want them to continue. I would of course love to see updates for some of the previous JvC and SpyTroop foul ups like Flint, Blowtorch and Shipwreck, etc, and finish up the line up to ’89, DD Comic characters, and totally new ones alike. Keep it rollin!

WOW Gary, it looks like you are going to be the spokes person for the roundtable. I can see it now with a big ol list ;)

I have a few questions myself :)

Maybe I can get one of the hasbro guys to see this thread and answer anon.....just a thought. We know what happens when you get these guys around alcohol! lol!!!!

I will re-phrase my question:

What is keeping Hasbro from doing a re-issue of a Viper in v1 colors. A six pack would be nice.