Anyone See Street Fighter Round 5?

Avalanche

Don't get your hopes up either way, because Jerry said over at banned that round 5 wont be out till early '07. But even then SOTA's release dates are usually incorrect in the fashion that the figures are released later than stated :(

They'll be shown at SDCC in less than a month. The results for the voting on Round 6 will be disclosed then as well.

hmmmmm people vote for the next series! awesome.

i will probably vote for

Dan

Charlie

SkulloMania!!!!!!

D. Dark

I hate to say it,but I think SOTA might be on its way out.

Browsing some of the Q&A at banned, it seems that the Street Fighter line is going to pretty soon become ONLINE ONLY since SOTA has not managed to put these figures on retail shelves. Their shipping dates constantly change and I'm sure retail stores are getting a little ticked when that happens on top of the fact that the SF figures don't sell well at retail anyways.

I know SOTA does do more than just SF but those other lines don't seem to be doing any better and I'm sure SF is their bread & butter.

And can you believe that Round 5 has a 2007 RELEASE DATE?WTF is going on there?Are we going to be getting one new round per year now? Where does all this time go in between?What is going on during then? We're barely halfway through with June 2006 and it looks like the next series won't even come out for another year!

And I applaud Jerry for taking a money cut to make a Gouken figure for the fans, but I'd honestly rather see that money go to making those new figures and getting them out at a reasonable time instead of pumping out a new Gouken figure. It obviously costs more when you set a quick deadline on the release of this figure and have to get everything turned out and produced asap.

Well, they did suffer a big setback with their factory problems. Delays from the previous one coupled with getting the new one in gear.

And the retailer situation is not due to anything they've done. Several of their former buyers have stopped carrying action figures at all, not just SF.

Round 6 is slated to come out late 07. So 2 Rounds per year.

And really, if you're a big SF fan, isn't it better to get them made at all?

I think it was a mistake to stretch out the original characters so much. I know the people on the forums always rant and rave about how much they love the SF3 characters and how they'd buy 13 variants of Oro but when you get down to it probably 90% of the people are only interested in buying the original SSF2 characters + maybe Akuma.

I ended up skipping Round 4 altogether. I'll probably pick up an Akuma and Fei Long but I have to confess I'm starting to lose interest.

Nah, tb should have nothing nto do with street fighter. I dig mls and all but it just isn't right to give them so much articulation. Its the sculpt that matters. I'm curious to see this rolento figure, that guy was way cool in the game.

i dont think TB should get the SF line either. personally i think SOTA's SF is THE best action figure line made......even better than ML. i love what SOTA has done with this line although it is a bit disheartening to find out that round 5 is pushed back till 07 <_< i am only collecting the original SFII characters and Gouken would make a great addition too. i might pick up akuma and fei long if i find them on sale but i'm not really woried about them either way. I am a little fearfull that the line might fall through without getting Honda and Dhalsim so i wish they would both be released in wave 6.

HOW in the hell can someone want toybiz to take over from SOTA? Excluding the price differance (which is understandable, considering how damn cheap ML figures look) absolutly everything about SOTA is better. Same articulation, but it is encorperated in a way that doesn't make the figures look anatomically ridiculous. Sculpt, paint, quality, absolutly a no contest in SOTA's favour.

I hate to say it,but I think SOTA might be on its way out.

Browsing some of the Q&A at banned, it seems that the Street Fighter line is going to pretty soon become ONLINE ONLY since SOTA has not managed to put these figures on retail shelves. Their shipping dates constantly change and I'm sure retail stores are getting a little ticked when that happens on top of the fact that the SF figures don't sell well at retail anyways.

I know SOTA does do more than just SF but those other lines don't seem to be doing any better and I'm sure SF is their bread & butter.

And can you believe that Round 5 has a 2007 RELEASE DATE?WTF is going on there?Are we going to be getting one new round per year now? Where does all this time go in between?What is going on during then? We're barely halfway through with June 2006 and it looks like the next series won't even come out for another year!

And I applaud Jerry for taking a money cut to make a Gouken figure for the fans, but I'd honestly rather see that money go to making those new figures and getting them out at a reasonable time instead of pumping out a new Gouken figure. It obviously costs more when you set a quick deadline on the release of this figure and have to get everything turned out and produced asap.

I honestly think you are correct. Don't forget that the Darkstalkerz line suppose to be out last September. Furthermore, we haven't seen Demitri despite Jerry claims that he has it on his desk and hasn't have the chance to take photos of th toy. I don't know how press photos work, but does it really take 1 or 2 years just to take a picture of it.

Also, with the chains that carry the products closing down, I am sure Sota is in some finanical trouble. They even put buying new licenses on hiatus. I think they are careful not to mention in company troubles to the fan. Seems like the same deal when fans speculated the cancellation of He-man some years ago. I think it is common for a toy industry to sugar coat the problems they are facing. IT is like how the scarlet witch figure was believed to be on hold to fix something, but it was because of factory closure.

I think it was a mistake to stretch out the original characters so much. I know the people on the forums always rant and rave about how much they love the SF3 characters and how they'd buy 13 variants of Oro but when you get down to it probably 90% of the people are only interested in buying the original SSF2 characters + maybe Akuma.

I ended up skipping Round 4 altogether. I'll probably pick up an Akuma and Fei Long but I have to confess I'm starting to lose interest.

I knew that was a concern a few rounds back by saying that most fan will stop after all the sf2 figures are made. Other ppl on the forum said I was wrong. However, not a lot of ppl know any characters past sf2, including the sfa series.

The variants seems to be a little out of control. I think it worked on eariler waves since they've made a few for each character unlike the recent wave where everyone has at least four different variants. Even though Akuma is a badass character, do we truely need 12? different variants of him? It is like how a-f made an april fool's joke of Sota making santa Akuma, hulk Akuma, etc.. I doubt anyone is a completeist collectin this series. If they are, wow The mightly adc poster known as the juggernaut even stopped buyin all the variants since they are too many.

You are right, poster I am quoting. Seriously, who would buy 13 varaints of Oro, costing 13-15 bucks a piece? Now that you mention it, why the hell did they make multiple versions of Remy? Sure, I voted for him, but the majority of the other posters hated him for lookin homosexual. I think a p1 color and a variant is enough for this dude. I have most of the figures in the line, but they are all p1 colors and I either get them on ebay or online after a year or so when they are out so that I can save money. The most expensive reg sf fig I bought is Ken at gamestop. Also, all the sf waves aside from wave 4 were on clearance at retail. Seems like a bad sign for sf figures to be on clearance. Bad for Sota since they have to buy the figures from the chain stores in order for retail to put them on clearance where ppl like us save some.

l am a huge sf fan, however, I think that it is Sota's mistake to basically focus on the line. They should have cut back on some of the variants and I hate to say this, probably cut back on the 5-6 figure waves and reduce it to 4 to save some money. They could use this money to make their own line of figures or acquire another strong license as another source of revenue. Mcfarlane and other companies don't focus on a license too much as it is expensive to acquire lisenses. That is why Mc and other companies usually have a licensed line going for 2-3 waves. I think quantity rather than quality is better in this case.

Forgot to add, Palisades went up and correctly if I am wrong, the muppet figures were doin poorly. The muppet figures were Palisades main focus and I usually seen them on clearance.

I hate to say it,but I think SOTA might be on its way out...

Wow, looks like now we have top industry toy lines experts here...

...who have their finger on the pulse of the industry' on which companies are going under. @rolleye@ @loll@

Please!

Haven't seen em yet!

I doubt anyone is a completeist collectin this series. If they are, wow The mightly adc poster known as the juggernaut even stopped buyin all the variants since they are too many.

You are right, poster I am quoting. Seriously, who would buy 13 varaints of Oro, costing 13-15 bucks a piece?

heh, it's crazy to think about but i do know a few people are are completionists with this line. i agree totally as many variants as they make are pointless, but the same guy who bought all 15 ryus will buy all 15 Oro's (and for the record Oro is the only friggin character i want made but you people keep voting against him.....for people like remy #WTF# ) but anyway, i hope things work out for SOTA as jerry really is a great guy and i love that the company really goes out of it's way for the fans (the whole letting us vote thing is a testiment to that)

...who have their finger on the pulse of the industry' on which companies are going under. @rolleye@ @loll@

Please!

Dude,I am no industry professional and this is my first post about the matter.

I LOVE SOTA's Street Fighter line and I honestly want all the best for SOTA,Jerry and the line itself.I want it to come out on-time,I want all QC issues dealt with,I want the figures to find a successful retail venue,etc etc.

But I can't deny what I am seeing in front of me.I hate to be the whistle-blower on this but I am just stating my opinion on the line and SOTA itself from different facts (Jerry's Q&A on banned being a big one).

Do you think that Street Fighter will ultimately be successful as an online-only toyline?Are there enough fans to support it?Does it help or hurt SOTA that the Round 5 figures won't be out till Spring '07?

Please!

Dude,I am no industry professional and this is my first post about the matter.

I LOVE SOTA's Street Fighter line and I honestly want all the best for SOTA,Jerry and the line itself.I want it to come out on-time,I want all QC issues dealt with,I want the figures to find a successful retail venue,etc etc.

But I can't deny what I am seeing in front of me.I hate to be the whistle-blower on this but I am just stating my opinion on the line and SOTA itself from different facts (Jerry's Q&A on banned being a big one).

Do you think that Street Fighter will ultimately be successful as an online-only toyline?Are there enough fans to support it?Does it help or hurt SOTA that the Round 5 figures won't be out till Spring '07?

spring 07!? Man, if it is commin out around that time, you know Sota has some sort of issue goin on.

CC's opinion is justified imo. There are many signs that would make one would think that Sota is in some sort of economic issue. I know that some of ya are in denial, but face what is present; With the closure of stores that sold sota products, as well as the poor sales on other sota products such as Charm, one has to wonder if this will affect Sota in some way.

Remember the MOTU wave? Before it's cancellation, similar stuff occured such as delays, bein limited to certain stores and such.

Also, CC makes a good point. Are there enough fans to support the line? Although, this line seems to be popular, but we are seein it through people's post. This doesn't really tell us a lot since this sample of sota sf fans could be in the minorities when compared to fans collectin other toylines. Furthermore, how many of these fans buy the toys for full price? Buyin it in clearance does not help Sota since they have already paid the chain store the money for them which lets the store to sell them 3-4 dollars. Some ppl who like the series, may only plan to buy 3 toys and that's it. Don't forget that there are lots of fans who plan to stop when Sota is done with the sf2 cast. Not a lot of ppl know about sfa and sf3 and considered sf2 to be the original cast members even though this is wrong; it can't be called sf2 if the game was the original.

The street fighter line is Sota's cash cow. It also seems to be the only line they are really focusing on. However, is this line, alone, can help Sota for years to come? Sota knows that the street fighter series would be around for a couple of rounds, seein that the mytho has a lot lesss characters than Marvel; MArvel can go till series 1000+ while Sf may go to series 20 or so.

As for me, I have most of the p1 figures with the exception of p1 Ryu and wave 4.

FOr those who want Gouken, head over to toyrocket and preorder him; you will be put in a waiting list since tr will sell the remaining sdcc gouken online.

The variants seems to be a little out of control. I think it worked on eariler waves since they've made a few for each character unlike the recent wave where everyone has at least four different variants. Even though Akuma is a badass character, do we truely need 12? different variants of him? It is like how a-f made an april fool's joke of Sota making santa Akuma, hulk Akuma, etc.. I doubt anyone is a completeist collectin this series. If they are, wow The mightly adc poster known as the juggernaut even stopped buyin all the variants since they are too many.

You are right, poster I am quoting. Seriously, who would buy 13 varaints of Oro, costing 13-15 bucks a piece? Now that you mention it, why the hell did they make multiple versions of Remy? Sure, I voted for him, but the majority of the other posters hated him for lookin homosexual. I think a p1 color and a variant is enough for this dude. I have most of the figures in the line, but they are all p1 colors and I either get them on ebay or online after a year or so when they are out so that I can save money. The most expensive reg sf fig I bought is Ken at gamestop. Also, all the sf waves aside from wave 4 were on clearance at retail. Seems like a bad sign for sf figures to be on clearance. Bad for Sota since they have to buy the figures from the chain stores in order for retail to put them on clearance where ppl like us save some

I agree that Sota has been a bit heavy on the variants with that past few waves, but I will

continue to support Sota, even buying multiple figures of the less recognized characters, which I'm surprised many fans are not doing. This is afterall a collectors toyline and many people would rather be picky than just simply pick up a wave, I the sculpts and paint is very well

done. Hopefully the wave can atleast survive another 2-6 rounds and by then that will be most if not all the characters.

I love SOTA and their street fighter line since the begining and I always will. I want to see more SF figures for years to come. I can only support SOTA with my heart. But sadly I believe their end may be near. I cannot deny the fact that SOTA may be on its way out, so if they do I shall enjoy the new waves of SF figures while they last.

What I believe is this, by Round 5 (maybe 6) Sota's SF line will be online only, if the online only SF line is not successful, the SF line is over and done and SOTA will be introuble (staying in business). If the online SF line is successful, SOTA will continue to produce great figures and possible pick up their quality issues/release dates and those darkstalkers and micromachine figures or whatever they were will come out, and maybe sign some more license's. I believe SOTA's figure depends on their SF line as it is their biggest and greatest line.

I really hope that sota will be around for awhile yet; their sf line is my probably my favorite toy line, and I still want e. honda and charlie (and numerous others, for that matter)!

That's so not ture. I love all the SF3 characters but only half of SF2's. The Alpha series got a few popular characters and I'm pretty sure Alpha ver. of Chun Li and Cammy will have some fans. Perhaps an exclusive.