True Gritt Customs Update

Guest DavAnthony

Guest DavAnthony

As I'm slowly winding down on my final custom commissions I had a little time inbetween the paint drying to take some pictures of these two figures.

Gung Ho is a slight modification to the original custom I made awhile back. I liked VvsV Gung Ho's chest piece and decided to replace the slighly out of proption piece to my original custom. I kept the same head since I really like the look of that head sculpt and I like it personally better then the VvsV one. However I did like the VvsV hat that came with Gung Ho so I used that here and replaced the older one I had used.

The Cobra Trooper is pulled from a variety of looks I"ve seen ranging from a really cool 12" custom someone did awhile ago, and an amalgam of the troopers in all Devil Due's comics. It is also how I felt a modern version of a Cobra Trooper should look. I also changed his helmet since I felt that the one he came with was really oversized and didn't give across the streamlined look I was going for.

Lastly if you haven't had a chance to stop by and vote in the custom poll I'm doing over at Good to Go customs please do so if your interested.

The address is http://www.goodtogocustoms.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=101

Gung Ho

gungho1.jpg

gungho2.jpg

gungho3.jpg

gungho5.jpg

gungho7.jpg

parts:

Head, Legs-JvsC Gung Ho

Chest-VvsV Gung HO

Arms-Grunt

Waist-Recondo

Cobra Trooper

ctrooper1.jpg

ctrooper5.jpg

ctrooper8.jpg

parts:

Head,Arms,Chest-Cobra Trooper

Waist-Viper

Upper Legs-don't remember

Lower Legs-Wild Bill

Helmet-Claws Commander modified.

Guest DavAnthony

Thank you gentleman,

I'm not too happy with the Cobra Trooper pictures. The chest armor looks bumpy and in person it's smooth, so I don't know what's up with all of that. So I'm going to try and take some new pictures later this week and see if I can get it to look better.

I'm looking at putting the trooper up at Good to Go Customs once the poll is over.

Nice customs Dave!

Guest DavAnthony

Thanks everyone,

The trooper is going to be made available for people to purchase overa at Good to Go customs. It is going to be caste in blue plastic and be unpainted. It will be available for sale at about $20.

With it being cast in blue it allows people who buy it to pose it, play, use for dio's etc and not run into the chipping problem or paint wear problems we all have to deal with. If you want it painted then I'll be offering that for an additional fee.

In order to not infringe on the copyright regulations out there all "evil snake terrorist organization symbols" will be removed from the figure. So the helmet will be smooth and I'll sculpt a new belt buckle for the figure.

I plan on having it up for sale either before the current poll ends or soon thereafter.

If anyone has any questions please post them here, e-mail me or send them me a pm.

Thanks again for looking and the interest

Dave

Guest DavAnthony

As promised here are newer and improved pictures of the Cobra Trooper. The armor is still not as smooth as it is in person but this is a little bit better. The coloring is also pretty dead on to how it looks in person as well.

Enjoy!

ctroopernew.jpg

picture of holster

ctroopernew3.jpg