A STATEMENT to all those going to JoeCon'06

nov316

Screw what most people think

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Heaven forbid I be the bringer of reality, but a small handful of people aren't enough to sustain the cons continuing. Last year they had so many con-exclusive sets left over dispite the small propduction run that it took them a month afterwards to sell off the rest. This year's ugly dismal set should be even worst in terms of left-overs. The exclusives are getting worst. Accept it. They suck because of poor figure choices and poor paint choices for those figures, nd coming down on those who say such doesn't change that.

You should be mad at con organizers, not at those who have the guts to say they won't throw their money away on junk. These figures are the most expensive Joes on the planet in terms of new figures, and for their insanely high price, they should be some of the best figures ever made, not some of the worst. They should be so good that Joe fans shouldn't have to make excuses to justify buying them.

As far as the location goes, I still think it's BS that they only chose that city just to want to do that city a favor. Is that city doing anyone a favor? I have TWO families from NO living in my apartment complex here in Texas. They can't go home because there's nothing to go home to. Nagin has hired illegals to do the rebuilding, so these two poor black families have no way of surviving in NO thanks to the lack of work. But we need to do Nagin a favor by being good little tourists? Give me an f-ing break! He can have his "Nuevo Orleans" (what many new locals in NO are now calling it) and leave me out of it. Choosing NO is also why the con's costs are higher this year. The con organizers were so blinded by pity for that city that they didn't think what was best for the con financially, so it's gonna cost everyone more as a result. NO doesn't deserve pity, especially with such a high price tag.

On a personal level, I still can't get past being offended by Nagin playing the race card, LYING (the feds had the coast guard rescuing people off the roof tops the next day contrary to lies), leaving thousands of his own people stranded as he let thousands of school and city busses sit idle, knowing the levees were weak but deciding it wasn't his problem to take care of his city and was Bush's, becoming an international embarrassment who begged other countries for help on the grounds that the US is a racist nation who "did it on purpose," and so on......

Screw Nagin and screw that city. I hope it becomes the next Atlantis for re-electing such trash.

Ok I know this year we have a bunch of haters and nah-sayers about this con, the set, and the location. Im freaking sick of it. If you dont feel safe about New Orleans, if you think the set sucks, if you think the con is going suck, if you think there nothing good about GI JOE anymore.

FINE! Why dont you just keep you mouthsSHUT and let the people who spent thier hard earned money and vacation time enjoy this week leading to our hobbies biggest and only convention.

All I have to say is the Rev, Kill, Diesel, Och and me had our June SoCal Dreadnok meeting. This is the first time in the four years that we have been a club so many of us are going to JoeCon.

The feel of the meeting is total excitement. We all are excited about buying joes, selling Kill's awesome customs and Nokwear clothing, and hanging out with all our TNI, Joecustoms, Joebattleline, and DDP internet brothas.

I cant promise you new 3 3/4 products. I cant promise that you will fall in love with New Orleans. I cant promise you all the old figures you are looking for. I cant promise great prices.

The one thing I can promise is that we Noks are going to be having a great time there hanging together. Each and everyone that is going is more then welcome to join in all the fun. Its been 20 years since I lived in New Orleans, I still know some great places to eat and Im sure we can find great places to get drunk.

You see Och, Rev, Kill or me know we are here to have FUN and we are going to be rolling deep!!!!

See you guys there on thursday after 4pm.

There is an old New Orleans sayings........LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is another saying I know....Screw all the haters of JoeCon'06!

Amen! See ya there! I will be there tomorrow!

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Heaven forbid I be the bringer of reality, but a small handful of people aren't enough to sustain the cons continuing. Last year they had so many con-exclusive sets left over dispite the small propduction run that it took them a month afterwards to sell off the rest. This year's ugly dismal set should be even worst in terms of left-overs. The exclusives are getting worst. Accept it. They suck because of poor figure choices and poor paint choices for those figures, nd coming down on those who say such doesn't change that.

You should be mad at con organizers, not at those who have the guts to say they won't throw their money away on junk. These figures are the most expensive Joes on the planet in terms of new figures, and for their insanely high price, they should be some of the best figures ever made, not some of the worst. They should be so good that Joe fans shouldn't have to make excuses to justify buying them.

As far as the location goes, I still think it's BS that they only chose that city just to want to do that city a favor. Is that city doing anyone a favor? I have TWO families from NO living in my apartment complex here in Texas. They can't go home because there's nothing to go home to. Nagin has hired illegals to do the rebuilding, so these two poor black families have no way of surviving in NO thanks to the lack of work. But we need to do Nagin a favor by being good little tourists? Give me an f-ing break! He can have his "Nuevo Orleans" (what many new locals in NO are now calling it) and leave me out of it. Choosing NO is also why the con's costs are higher this year. The con organizers were so blinded by pity for that city that they didn't think what was best for the con financially, so it's gonna cost everyone more as a result. NO doesn't deserve pity, especially with such a high price tag.

On a personal level, I still can't get past being offended by Nagin playing the race card, LYING (the feds had the coast guard rescuing people off the roof tops the next day contrary to lies), leaving thousands of his own people stranded as he let thousands of school and city busses sit idle, knowing the levees were weak but deciding it wasn't his problem to take care of his city and was Bush's, becoming an international embarrassment who begged other countries for help on the grounds that the US is a racist nation who "did it on purpose," and so on......

Screw Nagin and screw that city. I hope it becomes the next Atlantis for re-electing such trash.

I hate to sound like I'm contradictin myself but in some points I have to agree wit u and same wit Nov cause I can see where he is comin from about the whinin about the con in general, vent and let the S$&T go! Nothin we can do at this point ;).

You know what I was born and raised in New Orleans. I lived there 16 years. Ive also lived in Houston, Ft.Lauderdale, Memphis, and San Diego. Each and everyone one of these has crime and racial problems! Im sure if you told me your town I could find a part of it that is crime ridden aka a bad part of town. No one was complaining about New Orleans before katrina. But when all the craziness was on TV everyone freaked out and started BITCHING!!!! So what if Nagin threw the race card down. The media was doing the same thing. How come when a nation news show showed some people of color with stuff from where ever it was looting. But the same paper showed some white people with stuff it was stuff they had "found or salvaged"!

Im not trying to make this a race thing. Im just saying its the city I grew up in. When you guys insult New Orleans I feel like you are insulting me.

Its hard to get excited about con, when every time I get online you guys are trashing MC,New Orleans, and telling us we are wasting our money and time.

Thanks for all the positive support from everyone who responded to this tread:

Leonardo T Dragon

Bekker

Och 22

JoeRhyno

Card

Killuminati

Skarapz

General Hawk

Tazzman

Tom-1

DavAnthony

Dieselboy M

Ccav

Cmderinchief

Royal Marine

Giltyone

I just to support my hobby, and my home town. Im just asking keep you negative comments to yourself till after we get back.

Let us enjoy the build up to JoeCon'06!

Man, I'm officially jealous of everyone thats going. N'awlins is my favorite city in that country of yours. Came pretty close to moving down there a few years back.

So guys, have a great time, and i know it's blasphemy but lay off the grape soda and chocolate donuts and have some beingets and cafe du monde coffee, and know theres a Toronto 'nok wishin he could be partying with you guys.

Also, Nov, this 'nokwear you speak of, where would I be able to obtain some?

are you done with the soapbox ts, the ultimate authority rested on the backs of the feds, get your sh!t straight, its your boy Browny and his dipsh!t boss that fouled it up. You dont think there cronies are making bank on all the redevelopement contractsand the cheap land? When Florida gets hit by anything, Stuff gets fixed with a quickness, you have to look at the demographics there,

the truth is they let that city rot The US Govt doesnt give a #$## about poor people, in any color, and for you to think some local politico had power then? it was given up once a state of emergency was enacted then its the Feds job, they missmanaged it.

Dont get it twisted!

you take the conversation there prepare to be handled.

I've never once badmouted the Con experience. I've badmouthed MC as I think they are very bad for the hobby and I stand by that feeling. I also badmouth the Con set as I feel the Marauders figures are poorly done and I expect more from a $50+ figure set. I'm sorry if you are "tired" of negative comments about the figures and MC. But, I'm sick of people who only look at Joe through rose colored glasses. Like it or not, everything is not coming up daises in the Joe world and it's only through some criticism that we might see change. As such, I'm not going stop my observations on the product we see.

Just attending a convention does not make someone a super fan. It's great you attend. Personally, I don't see the value in it for me. To me, the line is about the toys: period. After that, the rest is superflous and if I feel the toy line is moving in a direction that no longer interests me, I feel that I am doing myself a disservice by not trying to do something to get the line back to a place where I'm interested in it.

I don't hate the con itself, just the figures that we've received so far.

I hope for next year's con, we get ourselves an urban assault GIJOE team(please re-release the DEF Shockwave mold one more time, and perhaps retool a new head) and for the COBRAs, hopefully Headhunters using retooled heads, or Alley Vipers with better legs, or any of the newer Python Patrol figures in an Urban Assault paint scheme. That, I think, would sell out faster than even the Iron Grenadiers set.

You know what I was born and raised in New Orleans. I lived there 16 years. Ive also lived in Houston, Ft.Lauderdale, Memphis, and San Diego. Each and everyone one of these has crime and racial problems! Im sure if you told me your town I could find a part of it that is crime ridden aka a bad part of town. No one was complaining about New Orleans before katrina. But when all the craziness was on TV everyone freaked out and started BITCHING!!!! So what if Nagin threw the race card down. The media was doing the same thing. How come when a nation news show showed some people of color with stuff from where ever it was looting. But the same paper showed some white people with stuff it was stuff they had "found or salvaged"!

Im not trying to make this a race thing. Im just saying its the city I grew up in. When you guys insult New Orleans I feel like you are insulting me.

Its hard to get excited about con, when every time I get online you guys are trashing MC,New Orleans, and telling us we are wasting our money and time.

Leonardo T Dragon

Bekker

Och 22

JoeRhyno

Card

Killuminati

Skarapz

General Hawk

Tazzman

Tom-1

DavAnthony

Dieselboy M

Ccav

Cmderinchief

Royal Marine

Giltyone

I just to support my hobby, and my home town. Im just asking keep you negative comments to yourself till after we get back.

I got a city for ya wit no crime NEW YORK CITY! ITS CRIMELESS LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHH don't let it get to ya man were on the way to have fun this week and we could just get flight delays again lol!

I think the majority of Joe fans are just disgruntled over GIJoe and its current state in general, not over the con specifically or at the people going. Granted im sure MC is loosing money on Joe so they probably picked NO cause the hotel was willing to give a discount to try and attract tourouists back there. The whole we wanted to help NO out IMO is just a nice marketing ploy to make them sound better. Regardless though for people not going to the con, all we have to look forward too is the new toys that are shown. So because it doesnt sound like there is gonna be much in the way of 3 3/4" stuff and mostly Sigma 6, people are not to thrilled. Im sure most of us are happy for you guys who are going and have fun hanging out and all, but overall we are upset with the current state GIJoe is in. At least those 3 3/4" fans, as General pointed out, if your a Sigma 6 fan you might have something to look forward to, but those people are a small portion of most the collectors of GIJoe.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Oh for God's sake, quit being so cynical! You know, if I really cared about the politics and lifestyle of a city, I would have never gone to San Fran. @loll@

As for the con prices going up....funny, I don't feel that I have spent more than I have last year. Actually it is less since my wife is not joining me this year, but if I split it up, there is virutally no difference. But then again, this falls under the category of MY MONEY, so why in the hell do you care? I just don't understand why the non-con'ers have to tell me why I am wasting my money. Believe me, I respect the fact that people don't like the exclusives or have other obligations for their money. I have no problem with that. It is the ones who come straight out and tell us (or imply it) that we're the ones who are nuts for going. Then if it isn't money, it is the safety of the city. Why do you guys care? Really? Besides, the people who Nov mentioned are not just coming for the exclusives. You ARE right, we'd be nuts just for the exclusives. Another thing you are right about is the smallness of the group and the continuation of the con. However, if we do not show up and the con falls off the radar of Hasbro, they may just take that as an indication that the line is no longer supported. Then again, there may be others who will take our place....who knows, it is a crap shoot.

Oh for God's sake, quit being so cynical! You know, if I really cared about the politics and lifestyle of a city, I would have never gone to San Fran. @loll@

As for the con prices going up....funny, I don't feel that I have spent more than I have last year. Actually it is less since my wife is not joining me this year, but if I split it up, there is virutally no difference. But then again, this falls under the category of MY MONEY, so why in the hell do you care? I just don't understand why the non-con'ers have to tell me why I am wasting my money. Believe me, I respect the fact that people don't like the exclusives or have other obligations for their money. I have no problem with that. It is the ones who come straight out and tell us (or imply it) that we're the ones who are nuts for going. Then if it isn't money, it is the safety of the city. Why do you guys care? Really? Besides, the people who Nov mentioned are not just coming for the exclusives. You ARE right, we'd be nuts just for the exclusives. Another thing you are right about is the smallness of the group and the continuation of the con. However, if we do not show up and the con falls off the radar of Hasbro, they may just take that as an indication that the line is no longer supported. Then again, there may be others who will take our place....who knows, it is a crap shoot.

As of an hour ago my wife to me we are broke till friday. So that means no Joes for me till friday. Am I pissed? You bet your ass I am. Am I still going? You bet your ass I am. What will I do till friday? Hang with my friends who Ive met thru GI Joe and Master Collector's JoeCons.

It seems to me everyone likes the SoCal Dreadnoks. We sparked the whole GI Joe group names, NYC Vipers and the Chicago Coil. Hey if it wasnt for the JoeCon in San Fran and meeting a guy named Violentfix, and him telling me about TNI there wouldnt be the Noks, Vipers, or Coil.

So if you dont mind Ill keep going to JoeCons no matter where they are!

Another reason why Im going to con........FAMILY! I get to see my wife after being apart for a month. You guys can give me all the reasons not to go, I just need one to go, my WIFE!

So anyone who wants to get drunk with my broke ass is more then welcome to stop by me room!

If you're a collector of the con exclusives you may or may not realize that with this year's con set you will now have almost completed your core cast of the original Cobra baddies...

2002 - Baroness, Tomax, Xamot

2003 - Cobra Commander, Firefly

2004 - Zartan and the Dreadnoks

2005 - Destro and a most impressive IG army

2006 - Major Bludd

It's obvious that MC has been driven to satisfy our need for a larger Cobra Army, and they've done so, IMHO in a most creative way.

For all the bashing that we hear (usually around the intital picture releases and just before the con) I must ask those who care to criticize... how many sets do you actually own? and how many cons have you actually attended?

MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!! I'm going to the con, this'll be my second and as long as they keep having the con I'm gonna go. I get to travel around in this great country and get to hang out with fellow Joe Collectors. For me whatever the Collector club puts out I'll buy because they're doing a lot more than Hasbro and honestly they've been doing a great job with the limited molds they have access to. I was actually thinking about buying doubles and even triple of everything at the con and have a raffle of some kind. I'm pretty sure if you can get some con stuff for free you wouldn't be whining and bitchin. If I were to win the Lottery a huge portion would go to the GIJCC because without them we won't have any Joes at the rate Hasbro's going. You got to remember Hasbro is company that has to look out for their stockholders. If you don't buy they won't produce and sell. Just be grateful on what your getting know 'cause one day we might not have G.I. Joe (3 3/4) and you'll be "I wish I got that when I had the chance." @usa@

Just to add one more thing that I have mentioned in the past. A good number of you still think that MC only picked NO because they're getting a deal or that they are pulling on some heart strings to support NO tourist whoes. Now I'm not saying that there isnt a little truth in some of that but, every year on the last day of con when they are announcing the winners of the free trip to the next years con they announce the location. Except for last year cuz the plans had not been finalized. I was standing next to a MC staffer who told me "The con will be way down south from where we are right now". South of minneapolis is NO. It is very possible that NO was the pick before Katrina. I wish the con would come back to the west coast but I just dont see that happening. I will go no matter where it is.

Leonardo T Dragon

Bekker

Och 22

JoeRhyno

Card

Killuminati

Skarapz

General Hawk

Tazzman

Tom-1

DavAnthony

Dieselboy M

Ccav

Cmderinchief

Royal Marine

Giltyone

I live in Castle Rock Colorado, we dont have a bad section(well unless you count soccer moms, we do have gangs of those roming around)...lol.

Just to add one more thing that I have mentioned in the past. A good number of you still think that MC only picked NO because they're getting a deal or that they are pulling on some heart strings to support NO tourist whoes. Now I'm not saying that there isnt a little truth in some of that but, every year on the last day of con when they are announcing the winners of the free trip to the next years con they announce the location. Except for last year cuz the plans had not been finalized. I was standing next to a MC staffer who told me "The con will be way down south from where we are right now". South of minneapolis is NO. It is very possible that NO was the pick before Katrina. I wish the con would come back to the west coast but I just dont see that happening. I will go no matter where it is.

Every year they've announced where it'll be next? I thought the only years they announced it were the S.F. Con because it was Disneyworld, and a place like that, you might want to make plans WAY ahead of time. The Con's been going on for what? Ten or so years? I've only been to three; S.F. Orlando, and Minneapolis. I probably wouldn't have even gone if not for Skarapz contacting me about staying in a hotel together at the S.F. Con and staying at my place for a few days before. Through Skarapz, I met a few people who don't post on these boards, Martin (who you'll probably see get into a fight this year if another person insults his wife), and Rich (THE Joe Collector... You guys need to see this man's sets. You know the Dio that won two years ago? It was his). The only other collector I met at the S.F. con that I still talk to aside from those three is Clam, and I get the luxury of bringing him Con exclusives each year and hangin' out with him for a few hours in our busy schedules.

Aside from those two, who I see once a year, I get to talk to all my Con-buddies on here, and it's fantastic. Hell, Florida with Tom, Skarapz, Chazz ("Sometimes ya gotta..."), and also George, Leah, Jamison towards the end, and we can't leave out our brothers grim, who'd prefer Comic-Con this year. If Brent and Darrin (I never remember if I spell it right) have room in their hotel room, I'm gonna try to jump in there so I can hang out with them again too!

In MN I had the pleasure of graduating from college, and I asked my mom to come with me to the G.I.Joe Convention because she loves to see me smile so much. I coulda had the extra funds from her plane ticket to spend on Joes if I wanted, but I thought it was more important for her to see how much Joe means to me, and how much the people I met at the Conventions mean to me. It was the best convention of my life. I know this year won't be as good because I love watching my mom smile when she is making me smile. That's the best feeling in the world.

I WILL be at every convention I can attend UNLESS my mother or father ask me to not go. My family means more to me than the convention, and this years convention has actually cost me a fantastic weekend to be with a possibly-new-girlfriend, but she can wait.

-Kevin

Just to let everyone know, it looks like we will have a full house of dealers! I went in on a booth with a couple of my friends at the last minute. We were told we got the LAST one available!!! So this should be a good show!! I guess those who think this will be the last convention are wrong!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

As of an hour ago my wife to me we are broke till friday. So that means no Joes for me till friday. Am I pissed? You bet your ass I am. Am I still going? You bet your ass I am. What will I do till friday? Hang with my friends who Ive met thru GI Joe and Master Collector's JoeCons.

It seems to me everyone likes the SoCal Dreadnoks. We sparked the whole GI Joe group names, NYC Vipers and the Chicago Coil. Hey if it wasnt for the JoeCon in San Fran and meeting a guy named Violentfix, and him telling me about TNI there wouldnt be the Noks, Vipers, or Coil.

So if you dont mind Ill keep going to JoeCons no matter where they are!

Another reason why Im going to con........FAMILY! I get to see my wife after being apart for a month. You guys can give me all the reasons not to go, I just need one to go, my WIFE!

So anyone who wants to get drunk with my broke ass is more then welcome to stop by me room!

Word up Big NOV! I had a blast chillen with my Nok,NYC Viper brothers last year but ya boy T to tha can't go this year. @grumpy@

But ya boy Leo tha Dragon will Rep the Coils set on his own this year. so take care of him Nov and make sure that nobody beats him up. @smilepunch@

On that note I hope that every body thats going have a blast and don't let Hawk do any damn drinking this time! @firedevil@