Anakin episode 3 vs Luke episode 6

TheOneWhoKnows

I dont know if this has ever been discussed before, im sorry if it has been. But i feel episode 3 Anakin was 5 times as skilled as episode 6 luke, but luke defeated Vader in 6. I just chalked up to old age, and not wanting to kill his own son. If look was around before the empire took over, he would have been a horrble jedi. He swung his saber like a baseball bat. Any opinions?

Is he anakin or is he vader the robot ? :P

I think ankin before the gets all the robot parts could deffinitly give luke some trouble but I tihnk he /luke would come out in the end...

if you think about it

vader could of used a lot of force abilities.. but he didnt

lucas prolly didnt think of them until he did the prequels :P

He probably had a good idea of what he wanted a Jedi to be but there was no way to pull off some of the Jedi abilities in 1977-1983. :)

On the fun side I say..

EP3 Ani vs EP6 Luke... Luke didn't even truly defeat Vader in EP6.. Vader was finished off by the lightning bolts from Palpy.. I would say Anakin in EP3 with all of his anger and frustration would wipe the floor with Luke.. Luke wouldn't even have a chance.

If you start throwing variables into the equation you may have a different outcome.

One variable that isn't accounted for is the fact that Luke was trying to save Anakin in EP6 so he never truly tried to kill Vader.

I think there are too many variables for this to be a true matchup. @smilepunch@

I think its the fact that not enough training or practice was done in the first trilogys for sword fighting. Thus making the moves appear repetitive and weak. But in the prequels they got the best of the best and the sword fighting moves def. advanced and appeared as if the earlier jedis were more skilled. I think that is really what makes the difference, not that fact that luke is weak.

I think Luke would win in the end, but only because Episode 3 Anakin would have the same hard choice to make that Episode 6 Vader did. They are the same person and I think the results would have been the same except with maybe Luke ending up with his other hand cut off and his Saber lost and at the Emperors Mercy. But I don't think he would have killed him...and when the Emperor decided to finish him off for him....I still think Anakin would have turned on the Emperor and killed him. Although it's doubtful Anakin would have died from his injuries.

I feel luke was farely experienced with using the force, he did kill those two guards at the beginning of episode 6 using the force, and did a few acrobatic jumps. But luke was only suppose to be about 20 years old in episode 6. I think Anakin was roughly 24 in episode 3. If they fought on Mustafar who would win? I know lUke looked old in epi 6, But only 5 years r suppose to have passed from ep 4 to 6, epiode4 luke was suppose to be 15. I think for luke to only have been training for 5 years had superb skills, as oppose to Anakin who had been traing since age ten. What do u guys think?

Actually the style of lightsaber combat in the OT was on purpose, GL wanted a english knights/king arthur looping style, as if the lightsabers were heavy. Like Luke was lifting and swinging Excalibur.

I feel luke was farely experienced with using the force, he did kill those two guards at the beginning of episode 6 using the force, and did a few acrobatic jumps. But luke was only suppose to be about 20 years old in episode 6. I think Anakin was roughly 24 in episode 3. If they fought on Mustafar who would win? I know lUke looked old in epi 6, But only 5 years r suppose to have passed from ep 4 to 6, epiode4 luke was suppose to be 15. I think for luke to only have been training for 5 years had superb skills, as oppose to Anakin who had been traing since age ten. What do u guys think?

Are you saying luke was training with yoda for longer than it showed in the movie?..

Anakin's powers were cut down by a certain amount when he entered the suit. He would have easily of defeated Luke. As for episode 6, Anakin/Vader, was an old man, a crippled, and he didn't want to kill his own son. One of his only reminders of the love of his life, Padme. Although Luke had excellent progress and learned a remarkable amount in the five years of training with both Ben Kenobi and Yoda, he would have been killed by Anakin, after all Anakin was the chosen one.

Nuff Said

Are you saying luke was training with yoda for longer than it showed in the movie?..

In episode 6 Luke states to yoda, "ive come back to complete the training", so No he didnt train longer with yoda than showed in the movie, but that makes Luke all that much better. Luke was basically self taught, all of the jedi were dead. Obi won could mentor from time to time, but i think it was few and far between. Because in episode 6, Luke looked at Obi won like he hasn;t seen him in a while. And ur all wrong about Anakin being the chosen one. Luke was the chosen one. Think about it, he was the jedi with the least amount of training, but was able to defeat a sith lord, Not even a master yet in episode 6, and he defeated Vader. In 5 years luke basically mastered the force. It took Anakin alot longer. Luke is by far the most powerful jedi with the exception to yoda. HE WAS SELF TAUGHT............ NO other jedi has done that. LUke is the most powerful jedi.

I don't know; they both go ape$#%! when pushed too far. (lol) If it were 22-year-old Anakin against 22-year-old Luke, I think of course Anakin has more experience but Luke is more calm-headed in the long-run I think, and more of a natural considering his quick rise to the status of Jedi in such a short time with such limited training. It would make for an interesting fight though, no doubt.

And TheOneWhoKnows, Lucas himself has stated several times that Anakin is indeed the Chosen One; after all it's he who threw Palpatine to his death in Episode VI, thereby bringing an end to the Sith and restoring balance back to The Force. Luke was just a catalyst by appealing to the good side of his father that still existed deep down.

But I don't think he would have killed him

Naw...He just CHOKED his wife to death....He would've kept going if Obi Won hadn't stopped him but YOU don't think he'd kill his own son then.....Ok................

Luke.

Anakin was the biggest freakin' crybaby.He was crying ever since Episode 2 and even when he became the "BIG BAD SITH LORD" he was still a whining and crying brat. Who cares about all the "power" he had? He spent most of the movies crying that he was in Obi-Wan's shadow.

At least Luke showed progression through the movies and by Episode 6 could be seen as one of the most mature and experienced characters. He was in command of his Force powers but still learning and maturing at the same time.

Luke would far surpass Anakin in anything.

Naw...He just CHOKED his wife to death....He would've kept going if Obi Won hadn't stopped him but YOU don't think he'd kill his own son then.....Ok................

actually she died during childbirth from a broken heart more so than the choking @smilepunch@

He probably had a good idea of what he wanted a Jedi to be but there was no way to pull off some of the Jedi abilities in 1977-1983. :)

Yeah, if Jedi was filmed today you could pretty much bet that Luke would be as quick as Ani and Obi Wan.

Remember, that was filmed in 82, Sith was filmed in 2004. Action sequences have become so much more fast paced since then (especially all the twirling around of light sabers).

And also, it is just a movie.

I think its the fact that not enough training or practice was done in the first trilogys for sword fighting. Thus making the moves appear repetitive and weak. But in the prequels they got the best of the best and the sword fighting moves def. advanced and appeared as if the earlier jedis were more skilled. I think that is really what makes the difference, not that fact that luke is weak.

Actually the lightsaber duels in the OT are more closer to true swordsman duels.

Even though they are not as visually appealing as the prequels, personally I felt that

OT duels had alot more suspense and emotion to them. I would have preferred if Lucas

kept things more consistent throughout the Saga, because most of the duels in the PT are

just for show with no real meaning or purpose.

One thing is true, Luke never had the training that early jedi had and apparently Anakin

had no doubt lost alot of his skill due to his injuries. The fact that Luke used his anger and tapped into the darkside would probably be a reason why he prevailed over Vader.

actually she died during childbirth from a broken heart more so than the choking @smilepunch@

Yeah......she didn't die as a result of the choking and it was only after he thought she had betrayed him. He was enraged, before that he was trying to get her to join him. In Episode 6 Vader was protecting his master, it was Luke that became enraged and almost killed his own father because of it. Asking what Anakin would have done is just like asking what Vader would have done. They are the same person. If Vader couldn't kill his own son (he had him at his Mercy in ESB, but wouldn't deliever the killing blow) then Anakin wouldn't have done it either. In fact you could make a case that Vader was more twisted and destroyed by the Darkside and would be more likely to kill Luke then Anakin would....yet he didn't.

Luke. You can see how much he's matured from ESB to RotJ. If Anakin was all he was suppose to be,why did he have such a hard time against Obi-Wan? You would think the guy would've just been able to mop the floor with him.

Anakin was the most powerful being known with the force, His downfall was his arogance. Anakin wanted instant power and wasn't willing to learn and take the time to understand and use his powers like most Jedi. It was his arogance and impationt behavior that made him so easy to lure to the dark side and Palpatine knew it and exploited Anakins weekness.

Luke in the begining of his training was Like his father and wanted everything now, but unlike Anakin luke learned from Yoda himself and also with Obi Wans influence Luke learned the way of the Jedi and learned to be patient.

As for Vader not wanting to kill Luke, He very well could have in ESB but didn't as Luke brought out feelings in Vader he hadn't felt since being with Padme. He was willing to try to turn his son to the dark side but couldn't destroy Luke who was his and Padme's child.

luke learned his Jedi Teachings well and Palpatine feared him. He knew how poweful Anakin was with the force and knew the son of skywalker must also be powerful. Palpatine knew if Luke became a jedi he could destroy all he had worked so hard to make come to pass. Luke stured up old feelings in Vader and vader couldn't hurt his son. Turn him yes but not kill him.

When Luke tapped into the darkside that fueled his rage in his final battle with vader luke nearly killed his own father untill he saw the loped off mechanical hand of vader and luke looked at his own mechanical hand. At that moment he lost his dark side rage and felt pity for vader. Luke had done what Anakin never could have. He tapped into the darkside used it's power and then rejected it. That's why Palpatine feard Luke and Tried to destroy him. He knew Luke wouldn't turn, that's why he said " So be it....JEDI " "If YOU will not be turned...YOU will be destroyed!"

I have to admit though In true Sith form Vader in trying to save his son Killed his master. Like all sith, The Apprentice kills the master. Trouble with this was Vader was mortally wounded by Palpatin's dark force lightning.

Anakin was the most powerful being known with the force, His downfall was his arogance. Anakin wanted instant power and wasn't willing to learn and take the time to understand and use his powers like most Jedi. It was his arogance and impationt behavior that made him so easy to lure to the dark side and Palpatine knew it and exploited Anakins weekness.

Luke in the begining of his training was Like his father and wanted everything now, but unlike Anakin luke learned from Yoda himself and also with Obi Wans influence Luke learned the way of the Jedi and learned to be patient.

As for Vader not wanting to kill Luke, He very well could have in ESB but didn't as Luke brought out feelings in Vader he hadn't felt since being with Padme. He was willing to try to turn his son to the dark side but couldn't destroy Luke who was his and Padme's child.

luke learned his Jedi Teachings well and Palpatine feared him. He knew how poweful Anakin was with the force and knew the son of skywalker must also be powerful. Palpatine knew if Luke became a jedi he could destroy all he had worked so hard to make come to pass. Luke stured up old feelings in Vader and vader couldn't hurt his son. Turn him yes but not kill him.

When Luke tapped into the darkside that fueled his rage in his final battle with vader luke nearly killed his own father untill he saw the loped off mechanical hand of vader and luke looked at his own mechanical hand. At that moment he lost his dark side rage and felt pity for vader. Luke had done what Anakin never could have. He tapped into the darkside used it's power and then rejected it. That's why Palpatine feard Luke and Tried to destroy him. He knew Luke wouldn't turn, that's why he said " So be it....JEDI " "If YOU will not be turned...YOU will be destroyed!"

I have to admit though In true Sith form Vader in trying to save his son Killed his master. Like all sith, The Apprentice kills the master. Trouble with this was Vader was mortally wounded by Palpatin's dark force lightning.

So then u agree Luke was the most powerful to use the force, for his ability to use the darksides power yet reject it. Anakin Could'nt do it, Luke is everything Anakin wanted to be, but lacked the knowledge of the force to do so. Luke was and is the Best jedi to use a light sabed. Bottomline

So then u agree Luke was the most powerful to use the force, for his ability to use the darksides power yet reject it. Anakin Could'nt do it, Luke is everything Anakin wanted to be, but lacked the knowledge of the force to do so. Luke was and is the Best jedi to use a light sabed. Bottomline

Thats pretty much correct. Luke was a completely different kind of Jedi, he was neither Jedi or Sith but something different. And unlike Anakin, Luke was able to resist turning to the darkside despite his attachments.

I don't believe that Anakin was the most powerful being ever concerning the Force, although he had the potential to be, but was never able to measure up to it. I do agree that Luke turned out to be an even greater Jedi than his father, while his father gave in to the darkside Luke kept his integrity.

I dont know if this has ever been discussed before, im sorry if it has been. But i feel episode 3 Anakin was 5 times as skilled as episode 6 luke, but luke defeated Vader in 6. I just chalked up to old age, and not wanting to kill his own son. If look was around before the empire took over, he would have been a horrble jedi. He swung his saber like a baseball bat. Any opinions?

HAHA!!!!!!!!!!! BASEBALL BAT!!!!!!! Yup, if not for Luke's lack of skill and experience, then it'll be Anakin's lame dialogue that'll do him in. HAHA!!!!!!