G.I.Joe Legends(Marvel Legend Style)

tonystark

Van Flyheit where did you here Jesse was going to talk to Hasbro and Marvel about this?

I know this is going to suck, but if you go through the first two pages of this board and the Fwoosh "unofficial Marvel Toys board" you should be able to find the threads about the interviews with Jesse. There are a few and it's mentioned in one of them. I would do it right now but I won't be able to for a while. If you can't find it I will try to do it asap.

if glaken could say where his info came from then that sorce would disapear and either way there would still be douters cause theres no real way to prove anything ...

glaken has been a long time trusted member here and that is good enough for me :D

I found the post I was thinking of:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=...post&p=16181555

13th section up from the bottom.

He says "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" which combined with the fact that he's said in the past that he'd like to see them do lines like that leads me to believe he's at least brought it up to them more than once.

Also I believe he's said he's going to be involved in the line somehow after it goes to Hasbro so hopefully he'll at least have the chance to propose it some more.

It doesn't paint a picture as though it's concrete because I can't find the original post I saw about him proposing it that I read weeks ago but hopefully I'll be able to find that too.

When he said that he was referring to why all companies aren't making toys up to marvel legend standards. He's saying that Marvel is making the toys, they've shown the toy industry what the future of toys is, but that's all they can do. They can't force any companies like Hasbro or Mattel to make Marvel Legends GI Joe or DC, they showed them what people want, but they can't make them make the toys.

I've gone through the entire fwoosh Jesse post archive, and trust me when I say he's not being clever with replies like that. He's very blunt and straight to the point. He may have said something to someone that GI Joe Legends would be cool, but that doesn't mean they're going to do it.

When he said that he was referring to why all companies aren't making toys up to marvel legend standards. He's saying that Marvel is making the toys, they've shown the toy industry what the future of toys is, but that's all they can do. They can't force any companies like Hasbro or Mattel to make Marvel Legends GI Joe or DC, they showed them what people want, but they can't make them make the toys.

I've gone through the entire fwoosh Jesse post archive, and trust me when I say he's not being clever with replies like that. He's very blunt and straight to the point. He may have said something to someone that GI Joe Legends would be cool, but that doesn't mean they're going to do it.

Wrong. He didn't say anything about showing people what they could possibly do if they put their mind to it blah blah blah.

He said "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink". Literally, that phrase means that you have to at some point lead the horse which means mentioning to Hasbro that they should do lines like that. He would have said something along the lines of "well I've set the bar now we'll see who jumps over" or something if he didn't mean he mentioned it to them.

Plus I KNOW that he's said it to them at least once because I read a quote about him saying exactly that a while back and just cant find it.

And it's besides the point that I never said anything about Hasbro actually doing lines like that, I said Jesse will most likely drill it into their freakin' heads if he keeps working on ML after the change!!!!!!

EDIT - Post from the Fwoosh thread, forget who posted the q: "Jesse, do you know or are you at liberty to say whether or not Hasbro will eventually look to fan sites like Fwoosh and RTM for feedback/inspiration as ToyBiz has done? They seem to be at least generally aware of all of the Star Wars minutiae that gets discussed on sites like rebelscum and galactichunter, so I'd hope the same would hold true for Marvel fans.

Jesse: I know from personal experience that toy companies do look at sites like this one. I have given some of the marketing people @ HB this site and I'm sure the moderators that go to SDCC will interface with the HB people as well."

Since I posted my Joe Legends thread there as well, that's almost proof positive that Hasbro has noticed the idea. Overall supporting my theory that Jesse is calling attention to the idea in some way as well.

Furthermore, Jesse has stated numerous times in that thread that he can't answer questions such as "will Hasbro be doing Joe Legends" etc. so I don't expect him to confirm or deny that he even mentioned it at this point, although I am now going to ask him on that thread whether he actually did say it in an interview or not.

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't care about joes too much, but I would crap my pants if they ever made a ML style Vader. It is there destiny to make a ML style Vader. I don't even want anyone else, just Vader.

I really don't care about joes too much, but I would crap my pants if they ever made a ML style Vader. It is there destiny to make a ML style Vader. I don't even want anyone else, just Vader.

What, no love for the Fettman?

If they did just one of each char. (Luke jedi robes, Vader, Leia Boush, Fett, etc.) maybe 10 or 15 figures total, I would be ecstatic.