A few DC customs...

Magic 8 Ball

So I finally got access to a digital camera, and aside from proving that photography isn't my strong suit, I got a few half decent (but still half bad) pictures of my customs. I'm trying to figure out how to increase the detail and get rid of the yellow tint, but no luuck so far... in the meantime, enjoy the worst pictures of custom figures you're likely to see someone actually bothering to post... ever.

Update: These pics are, by my rough estimates, about 300% better. Enjoy!

First up is my most recent, and also the one I'm most proud of (at least, in my DC stuff).

It's Mallah and the Brain, yes Mallah and the Brain, one's a gorilla, the other's a... brain...

*ahem* Thanks for indulging me.

mallah-brain.jpg

Mallah started life as a King Kong figure, while Brain is a mishmash of parts, most notably a 10" Iron Man head. Brain has the distinction of being one of those characters who has appeared so many different ways that I felt comfortable just making him look good, rather than making a specific design. Yes, I know he's missing the dome over his grey matter; I'm still working on that. Surprisingly, I've seen very few Mallah/Brain customs, but with the recent deluge of King Kong figures, it was the first thing I thought of.

Here's Mallah all by his lonesome.

mallah.jpg

Next, Penguin's favorite display piece...

blockbuster.jpg

With his recent death and stuffing, I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of Blockbuster. Then again, I thought that when he was incinerated during Legends. Point is, whether or not he'll ever get a figure is debatable. This one was made from a LOTDK Joker, with Ram-Man's hands and a head from an X-Men Evolution Sabretooth.

Finally, my Batman custom. I'm really only showing this off because I mentioned it in another thread, and because I haven't seen anyone else make this mod. I'm sure plenty have, but I haven't seen them.

batman.jpg

This is, of course, a DCSH Batman with the Mattel Batman's head, cape, and batarang, and everything painted to match.

So, thoughts, comments, photography tips? I think a large part of my problem is just needing a better camera...

I was thinking of doin a Batman custom too~

Hm.. i think u can change the settings of ur camera... maybe indoor light mode or somethin like that. Or is it called the white ball?

Not sure :P

I was thinking of doin a Batman custom too~

Hm.. i think u can change the settings of ur camera... maybe indoor light mode or somethin like that. Or is it called the white ball?

Not sure :P

Yeah, the white balance. I did several test shots on various settings, and this was the best I could find. I'm going to keep working on it, though...

What kinda camera is it?

I think I has the same problem with my DC too. It's getting a bit old.

Anyway. Try having a bright light source. It helps

What kinda camera is it?

I think I has the same problem with my DC too. It's getting a bit old.

Anyway. Try having a bright light source. It helps

It't not a name brand cam, just something my roommate bought at Wal-Mart. I think he spent something like $150 on it, which these days is mediocre quality.

I'm going to try some lighting arrangments tomorrow to see if I can get the colors to turn out better. Don't know what the deal is with the focus on this camera, though. All the features seem to work backward, but that could just be my lack of photography knowledge holding me back. :)

nice I really like the Blockbuster and Batman. I thought about doing that to a DCSH series 1 Batman, but didn't because I have the Bat-Signal batman already which is pretty much what you turned it into.

PJ