Superman/Batman Return of Supergirl

muppethost

Wow! These figures are hideous. I bought them out of loyalty to DC Direct...I'm always afraid my local comic shop will stop ordering toys if I don't buy them. But the Supergirls were awful...the "regular" one was too skinny and twisted, her eyes look dead, and the black mascara was waaaaaay over done. Her face looks like a chimpanzee (especially in profile).

The "evil" Supergirl was marginally better, but her torso was still waaaaay tooooo looooong. And her crotch makes it look like she's got a penis...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Superman was okay, but his face wasn't right. Batman looks constipated and his harness lacks detailing.

Darkseid is the best figure in this line. He looks menacing and scary (in a good way...Supergirl is scary in a bad way). I just wish they had jointed his thighs and biceps. BTW, Darkseid's forearms? Bigger in circumference than Supergirl's torso.

Your not the only one!

There are a million better uses for the plastic!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen them yet...but I will probably pick up Superman & Darkseid just to put on the shelf with my Turner IC figures.

PJ

I didn't see the Darkseid figure yesterday but I did see Batman, Supergirl and Superman yesterday at my local comic store and they are horrible.. they are not even on par with the mass produced DCU line. I was VERY disappointed since the story line wasn't too bad.

I was disappointed with the Identity Crisis figures too. I have to say that I like Turner's art okay on the printed page...I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't hate his art...but I'm not sure it translates well into 3-D. The Dr. Light figure was okay, and Deadshot was nice enough (although they sculpted an eye on Floyd...Errrrr, wrong!), but Black Canary was ugly and Hawkman even uglier. Zatanna was okay, but again, torso too long and she just wasn't pretty like I envision her.

If DC Direct is going to give us artist-specific toys, then I'd prefer they stick to Alex Ross and George Perez (hint hint).

I was disappointed with the Identity Crisis figures too. I have to say that I like Turner's art okay on the printed page...I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't hate his art...but I'm not sure it translates well into 3-D.

No thats not the case at all. it bugs me when people say this. The omnly reason why these figures suck (and make no mistake they are pitiful) is because of the sculpter they hired to do them. Some no talent hack named BIG CHEIF. That guy is the worst sculpter i've ever seen. If you compare the actual art to the figures they look nothing alike. That and there have been many other sculpters who've turned Turner's art into amazing sculptures. Just look at this...

SupergirlJUL040707.jpg]

flashvsgorillagroddstatue6ac.jpg

flashsecretofbarryallentp1sd.jpg

Here's proof of Big's point yet again. While this is still a little carried away when compared to the actual art, it is still a pretty damn good "translation to 3-D"

The "evil" Supergirl was marginally better, but her torso was still waaaaay tooooo looooong. And her crotch makes it look like she's got a penis...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Well, she IS evil.

I just realized that even I don't know what I mean by that...

I was disappointed with the Identity Crisis figures too. I have to say that I like Turner's art okay on the printed page...I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't hate his art...but I'm not sure it translates well into 3-D.

No thats not the case at all. it bugs me when people say this. The omnly reason why these figures suck (and make no mistake they are pitiful) is because of the sculpter they hired to do them. Some no talent hack named BIG CHEIF. That guy is the worst sculpter i've ever seen. If you compare the actual art to the figures they look nothing alike. That and there have been many other sculpters who've turned Turner's art into amazing sculptures. Just look at this...

SupergirlJUL040707.jpg]

I have to agree since I find the theory that some art cannot translate into models or toys is falliable. I think with a skillful sculpter, any art can be transformed into a model

sigh.....yes, I'm afraid to say they do kinda stink. And I'm also afraid to ADMIT I bought the Supergirl. I had them hold one for me at the comic shop afraid she'd sell out before I got there. Ha, no, that was not the case at all. I bought her thinking I could do something with her pose but she doesn't even stand up (even with her BASE :( ) A pale comparison to my Superman and Superboy figs.

For me it's one of the worst lines DCD has ever put out. I really had high hopes for the line, but just about all of them sucked big time....with only Darkseid coming out ok. If Supergirl's head sculpt had even turned out like the proto in the press pic I might hae gotten her, it wasn't great, but at least it didnt look like Joan Rivers.

I for one like the super girl, and the evil one , and darkside is ok as well... I only dislike the superman and batman

Saw them at a local comic store....walked away very promptly after seeing them and laughing. Money was burning a hole in my pocket, but even I have my limits.

Turner's crap. Those figures are crap. DC loses me more and more every time they announce something to do with that hack. Those and the Identity Crisis figures are some of the worst toys I have ever seen. (Those statues looks like teh suck too.)

I was impressed with the Darkseid figure (only one not sculpted by BIG CHIEF), except for the positionong of the hands. The rest were garbage, and downright laughable IMO.

BIG CHIEF sucks!

Turner is arguably one of the best artists in comics. The way these figures turned out has nothing to do with him.

Arguably yes, if overly muscular, barrel chested, thin waist men are your thing. Or if if six feet of toothpick errr woman turn you on, then yeah, he's tops. Otherwise he's a hack in my book. His art is exactly the same thing I despise about Liefeld. I'll never understand why people like this persons "work". He can't possibly fade into obscurity quickly enough.

well, i just got the darksied figure and I am thrilled, the sculpt is spot on, though articulation is usually an issue with DC characters, it doesnt matter, the Omega Effect doesnt require alot of articulation so.....

I was impressed with the Darkseid figure (only one not sculpted by BIG CHIEF), except for the positionong of the hands. The rest were garbage, and downright laughable IMO.

BIG CHIEF sucks!

Ya and everyone agrees with you, that's why his comic covers always sale out.

BIG CHIEF sucks!

Ya and everyone agrees with you, that's why his comic covers always sale out.

I was talking about BIG CHIEF's sculpting, sorry for the confusion....