DC Direct Public Enemies series 2

Magic 8 Ball

Okay, I may have missed a thread on this, but I went back to the beginning of last week and saw nothing...

I got a look in ToyFare of the Batman/Superman Public Enemies series 2, and I just have to wonder about this. Not the decision to make more, because McGuiness' style has proven to make the transition to plastic fairly well, and many like the combination of cartoony and superherioc that it nicely pulls off.

What I wonder about is if anyone else looked at the Lex in battlesuit (the third figure of it we're going to see in a year!), and thought that with a decent repaint and a helmet, it would make a good Rocket Red. Seriously, take a look at him. The proportions are kind of... fluffy, but Rocket Red often looks like that. There are some details that RR has never had that Lex does, and vice-versa, but with something like a dozen different models of RR having run around the DCU at this point, I think it's completely doable without a lot of modification.

I've been wanting to make a Rocket Red custom for some time. Now, if I can just hold out until Feb...

As an aside, is anyone else excited about the Steel figure? I think it's probably the only figure we're ever likely to see of her, and it looks fantastic!

yeah lex looks huge....and short

Not digging this wave at all, the art style just isn't for me. :(

Lex is the stupidest looking figure I have seen in a long time. @loll@

Not nearly as good as wave one. Luthor looks terrible. Hawkman has flaws, but I may buy it anyway, just out of sheer coolness of idea.

From the ToyFare preview I was already sold on Hawkman. I was pretty much sold on Nightwing even before seeing any pics, now its a guaranteed buy. I'm also liking the future Superman figure as well.