Are the variant versions of the Face-Off 2-packs this easy to find in other areas?

DarthJoe

The only store that has them in my area is Wally-World. I haven't seen a single Face-Off pack that ISN'T a variant. I grabbed the only Hulk/Leader 2-pack I saw (which was the variant), because both Hulk figures are awesome, and I could care less about leader. There were probably six or seven other 2-packs at the time, and every single one of them was either the Daredevil/Kingpin variant, or Cap/Baron variant. Most of them are still there, and it drives me crazy cause I could care less about having an unmasked Daredevil (I was really looking forward to the normal, masked verion of him), and I wanted a GOOD Redskull.

The variants are evenly packed, and since a set like the Unmasked Daredevil is in less demand, they become easier to find. I got the two variant sets I wanted, now I just have to get the two regulars I need.

Yea I don't like the variant 2-packs much, I might get the Cap vs. Baron 2-pack. I dont like Kingpin in black. I got the none variant Kingpin/DD, but my Kingpin has the variant's head (Angry) w/ the white suit. as for Hulk I got the regular one, I dont like leader with the long head in that outfit.

Cap vs Baron was the 1st one I ever found and grabbed it on sight. I like the regular Cap, but I hate that Red Skull and I passed on it when I saw it.

I don't like Kingpin in all black either, but I like the unmasked Daredevil batter than the regular DD, so I grabbed the unmasked.

I passed on both Hulk 2-packs. Until they give me either a McFarlane Grey Hulk or a Planet Hulk, I don't need another Hulk.

They're all long gone from my area, so I can't tell ya which is easier to get.

Guess they aren't really variants per se cause they are the same pack ins!

around me the one that has been the hardest to find is the regular Cap. All the other ones I can find at any Walmart I go to, but for some reason the Cap/Skull two pack has eluded me. I should have got it when I first saw it but was afraid that the variant Cap might be harder to find down the line and grabbed it instead.

No, they are real variants. They just aren't chases.

Cap vs Baron was the 1st one I ever found and grabbed it on sight. I like the regular Cap, but I hate that Red Skull and I passed on it when I saw it.

I don't like Kingpin in all black either, but I like the unmasked Daredevil batter than the regular DD, so I grabbed the unmasked.

I passed on both Hulk 2-packs. Until they give me either a McFarlane Grey Hulk or a Planet Hulk, I don't need another Hulk.

They're all long gone from my area, so I can't tell ya which is easier to get.

Just one question, dude. When did you see the Wal-Mart 2-packs here in CO.?

Just one question, dude. When did you see the Wal-Mart 2-packs here in CO.?

Funny you should ask because just TODAY I scored the reg Daredevil FO at the Walmart near eplanet! It was the last one, so I snagged it just because I like that version of the Kingpin. They had a Hulk too, but another dude snagged that one... Now they're gone.

The WM near eplanet has had them every time I've gone there in the past month (until today), the WM on Quebec and I-70 had a crap-ton of them about a month ago (like 4 of each version), or whenever it was when the GM wave first hit. Another WM up in Northglenn had them for about an hour a month ago. That's all that I've seen in CO.

At most Wallie Worlds here, they were sold out the day the WM Wave hit.

I only picked up a cap and unmasked cap. I did find (about a hour away in some rural area) a small handfull of Face Off and picked up Regular Daredevil.

And yeah these variants are or were at least not sure about the future, evenly packed with the non variants.

But aren't they evenly packed? The case I saw was...

around me the one that has been the hardest to find is the regular Cap. All the other ones I can find at any Walmart I go to, but for some reason the Cap/Skull two pack has eluded me. I should have got it when I first saw it but was afraid that the variant Cap might be harder to find down the line and grabbed it instead.

I did the same thing @grumpy@ Now I'm running around trying to find the regular Cap/Skull.

@grumpy@

Sure, rub it in. Where I live, we have yet to see any of them (and some were wondering when Wave 2 was going to hit, sheesh).

Believe me, I know how you feel. These things just never seemed to have made it to my town, so I had to drive out of my way just to find a Hulk 2-pack. I'm still keeping the faith that more 2-packs will arrive.

I want to get four of the six sets, and half of those are the variants. Just wish they'd get out to Central New Jersey. The ones I want...

Kingpin vs. Daredevil (regular version)

Captain America vs. Red Skull

Captain America vs. Baron

Hulk vs. Leader (variant)

Really want the white-suit Kingpin / DD set. Have to have a Kingpin, and I actually really like that Daredevil better than the Spidey DD. Same holds for the masked Cap, who looks a little better than the Legends one, and I really want both villians. As for the Hulk set, I need a Leader, and prefer the Long-Head over the Califlower-Head.

Hopefully, we'll see them in other shops soon.

Thank YOU! Finally someone else who's bothering to answer this.

The word variant has NOTHING to do with how RARE a figure is. A rare figure is a CHASE. A variant is simply a second version that the toy company chooses to be the variant for that figure. IT'S JUST A VARIATION FIGURE, NOT!!!!! a RARE figure.

Same holds for the masked Cap, who looks a little better than the Legends one,

They are both Legends ones. Marvel Legends and Marvel Legends Face-Offs.

Do you mean the FO one is better than the ML1, ML8 or both?

As for the variant packs being easy to find or not, I still need a bunch of figures from both types. But the variants are the ones being scalped.

If anyone wants to get a trade going, PM me. I need the variant DD set (or just Matt's head), regular Kingpin, regular Leader and either Hulk. I will have a Strucker to trade soon...