The NEW BaTMAN/SUPERMAN LINE

TheOneWhoKnows

There so much to say about the line that could have been great, I had my local comic shop hold a set of these figs for me, i waited all day, and when i gor off pf work and made it down there, my anticipation turned to discussed. Im going to give my review of this line and my opinion.

Superman: Hrrible, horrible, the face sculpt on this figure is horendous, it looks nothing like m.turners drawings. It looks like some cheap attempt to make a japenese anime superman. His eyes are huge, his jaw is huge and crooked, horrible sculpt.

Batman: SAme mold as the first M.Turner bats, only difference, the face is the angry version of bats with teeth showing, and the hand sculpts are different. If u got the first one, u can pass on this one.

Corrupted Supergirl: Face sculpt is horible, M.Turner has some of the best art out there, and the sculpter butcherd these beautiful drawings. Her nose is non-existant, just plan bad.

Reg Supergirl: This was the figure I most anticipated, but this figure looks like some kind of michael jackson, alien crossbreed. The body is extremely long, and the feet look like duck bills. nothing like the art.

Darkseid: The best fig of the wave, close to comic accurate, and he's huge. He's taller than marvel select Thanos, which is good. If u dont' mind he's fist permanately facing up, then u should enjoy this fig. best rendition of darks this far. We'll have to see about the mattel version.

Whoever says turners art doesnt translate well into figs, must have forgotten the short lived Fathom actionfigg, of early 2000. extremely beautiful fig, and very comic accurate, it lacks possibilty but over all very accurate. Who ever the sculpter is who does this line needs to move into another field, maybe a waiter, or a bus driver. But like I said Darksied is the best fig of the wave. Even the comic shop owner where i go told me not to get them, and he owns th place. I wish I had pics

Yeah. I was so disapointed when I saw the pics showed in Toyfair or SDCC.

Totally wasted a good line.

TUrners art is beautiful and so far the Superman/Batman s2 and ID Crisis are all screwed up.

I saw these guys at my comic store and you're absolutely right,they do all look horrible and DO NOT resemble Turner's art at all.You could see that the sculptor was trying to get it,but he/she just couldn't do it...DC Direct supervisors should've put a halt to these molds back before they left the sculpting floor.

They looked like crap even when the preview pics were shown...I'm surprised you even decided to get them after that.

In the pictures I saw the supergirl sculpt looks pretty good(I have only seen small pics though). So I guess I should spend my money elsewhere huh. I was gonna order the set. How about the justice league Alex Ross series 4 Soloman Grundy?

Darkseid is actually ok. The best figure in this series.

Justice s4 Grundy looks pretty awsome. I might actually get him.

Just ordered the Solomon Grundy figure from dcbservice.com. Hope it looks as cool in person.

Darkseid seems ok but I will probably pass on all counts.

Does Dc Direct take into account fans, and their concerns, I would love to write a letter

requesting better sculptors and better articulation, As much as Dc Directs cost, they could

have mush more articulation, at least equivalent to the original 21poa of the first superman

line. That line rocked. but the inconsistancy of makeing figs with articultion and then some

without is agrrevating and makes me not even care for DC Directs. HAd more articulation been

included in the MTurner line, i think would have made up for the sh$%y sculpting, and

prompted more folks to buy whole sets, instead of just Darkseid.

The sculptor BIG CHEIF Is just a pathetic hack. There is nothing wrong with DCD except he ocasional scale issue, otherwise they have Tim Bruckner and Karin Palinko sculpting for them and a few other decent but not as good sculpters such as James G Jones and Jim Shoop.

They're doing great but need to get rid of BIG CHIEF and other guys that suck like Barsom (who sculpted the new Bane).

I'm solidly of the opinion that Turner's style just doesn't translate well into plastic. TOWK points out the Fathom figure. Well, yeah, that figure is great. However, Turner doesn't draw like that anymore. His style has changed and evolved in the least decade, as well it should have. Turner's current style and work, sadly, are not really suited for 3-D representation.

I'd also like to point out that the Fathom figure was sculpted by Clayburn Moore, who is practically godlike in getting comic art to work in 3-D, even when by all rights, it shouldn't.

I found the Darksied to be reather striking, and the Batman figure is almost passable (which just goes to show how much bad packaging made that figure suck the first tiem around), but I couldn't even stand looking at the others.

I like anime. So the SG and SM will be bought.

Which is what Im telling my self. The truth is I need a new SG and after I moved I have no more Superman. And sense this SM is the only one that will go with the Supergirl I'll get it. And Darkseid. HELL YEAH. That toy is the $#!t. And I already have the Bats from the last line.

And is there going to be a second Turner line. Like Barda or Wonderwoman. They should learn their lesson and make the figures look better if in fact they do a second wave

I notice that too Omega. But I thought there's a site that u can know who sculpt the older DCD figures or new ones since i think someone mentioned Big chief is sculpting this line before it came out.

not ALWAYS ...omega, buts becoming more common practice...

I believe it's been that way nonstop for the past 2+ years. For me to be proven I'm wrong, you'll need to provide the name of a DC Direct series that didn't name all the sculptors on the packaging. I'll be genuinely surprised if that information was ommited from a series I collected.