Man, I just saw the GI JOE movie

MaxPower

My initial reaction is that the movie sucked...

As a Joe movie it sucked because it was way to Sci Fi - ish for me.

Just didn't seem too much like GI JOE. It could have been any characters in that movie, and it would have made a good cartoon, but as a Joe movie, it kinda killed the characters.

It did have its moments, but overall it didn't do it for me.

I did like Sgt. Slauther doing wrestling moves on Nemesis Enforcer...

"This is for Duke" and "This is for the good old US of A" very cool 80's stuff. :D

And I have seen and own the new JOE movies... Valor vs Venom and Spy Troops.

Yeah, those aren't that great either and their kinda dumbed down for kids but they still pack a lot of JOE action in them. I like them for what they are.... Long Joe Commercials.

I mean come on, a flying bug type of animal being used as a transport....

Snakes pircing Duke like a spear...

And who was that black rookie dude... was he never made into a figure?

That guy was called "Big Lob" and he was never made into a figure to my knowledge.

I sort of liked the movie as a kid, but I think a lot of that had to do with all the new characters that were introduced, especially Tunnel Rat. Course, I haven't seen it in years, I'm sure I would find it a little too sci-fi now.

They actually wanted to put the Cobra-La concept and characters into the Marvel comic at the time, yet Hama put his foot down. Though it is weird, cause if you have the Impel trading card set, all the Cobra-La characters are listed in the deceased section at the end of the set.

I'm surprised nobody notice about one pathetic part in the whole movie. When the marauders came out of the terrordome and Sgt Slaughter asked "Where's Falcon?"

Red Dog replied "Who cares?" THEN he takes his little pea shooter and procceeds to take out: 2 Flight pods in MIDAIR and 2 Cobra STUN vehicles with one blast per vehicle like it was NOTHING. I mean COME ON!!!!

WHOA! The ONE pathetic part? @hmmm@

Red Alert: Your vision can be restored...

Roadblock, all of 15 seconds later: ...and now I can see it comin' in!

You know, because 'can be restored' is exactly the same as 'you'll be up to speed in less than a minute'... It makes Red Alert sound like the worst medic ever.

There's never been a G.I. Joe character named Red Alert. You're thinking of Lifeline and apparently confusing his name with the new 2005 medic named Med Alert.

The Sarge lost some matches in the WWF...hehe. Too bad Cobra didn't think of getting the Iron Sheik, we could've had a Royal Rumble of overwieght loosers on top of the Terror Drome! And have the Fridge serving refreshments.

I'm surprised nobody notice about one pathetic part in the whole movie. When the marauders came out of the terrordome and Sgt Slaughter asked "Where's Falcon?"

Red Dog replied "Who cares?" THEN he takes his little pea shooter and procceeds to take out: 2 Flight pods in MIDAIR and 2 Cobra STUN vehicles with one blast per vehicle like it was NOTHING. I mean COME ON!!!!

WHOA! The ONE pathetic part? @hmmm@

Red Alert: Your vision can be restored...

Roadblock, all of 15 seconds later: ...and now I can see it comin' in!

You know, because 'can be restored' is exactly the same as 'you'll be up to speed in less than a minute'... It makes Red Alert sound like the worst medic ever.

There's never been a G.I. Joe character named Red Alert. You're thinking of Lifeline and apparently confusing his name with the new 2005 medic named Med Alert.

I think I was. I'll correct that.

Here goes the hate mail, First the movie wasn't bad, not when you take into account that it was edited before we all got to see it, and Sunbow was trying to continue and get anothe few seasons sold to networks (blame the networks) Sunbow had a letter describing an outline for the next season of g.i.joe, Cobra would have been devided with g.i.joe, cobra, and the coil cobra commander would have returned to whip serpentors butt, the defiant would have been used, and we would have seen a great comeback for g.i.joe, sadly sunbow didn't get the program, no...dic got the green light and our beloved joes were cast away, the only highlight from dic was a small glimmer from sunbow (operation dragonfire) I will find the site where I read this, it had all of sunbow's official report, it wasn't a fake outline described for those who think I read it second hand, I seen the scans, they're real, so while yes there were some goofy things on the movie consider this golobulus did escape, where was he when dic got the greenlight? and didn't he say he was the leader of "this" kingdom of cobra-la? there were other kingdoms, with even more evil creatures, that's why the battle rangers were formed! Hasbro had gold, too bad they locked it away.

This Movie BLEW... Aside from an awesome opening sequence, & decent though inconsistent animation, it was horrid. Falcon's a third-generation soldier, NOT DUKE's BROTHER, and a season, competent commander, according to his file. The movie makes him out to be a hot-headed, horndog maverick rookie. Jinx is an accomplished intel-operative, and STORM-SHADOW'S COUSIN... This movie, while at least giving her martial arts skills their due, plays her off like a stereotypical Latina street-punk. And speaking of Latina, what was with Law? And Big-Lob? Frigging ridiculous. Then there's the whole Cobra-La. While an intersting idea on its own, making CC part of it was beyond ##$%$#ed. Then there's the fact that virtually every other Joe-member, including Hawk, acts like an total ass. And Serpentor's "living" snake-spears... The entire Sunbow cartoon pretty much stank except for the "Springfield" & "Worlds without End" eps. I can't imagine how Hasbro signed off on something that strayed so far from the core concept of the toy-line. "SyTroops" & "Valor vs. Venom" were Oscar-worthy in comparison! Even "Ninja Battles" was better. Thank goodness there was Larry Hama & the Marvel comic... @firedevil@

Just now saw the movie? Were you in a coma for the past 18 years? :huh:

Actually, Yeah, I have been in a coma for the past 18 years.

JK @smilepunch@

Geesh,

I remember seeing it as a kid as a five part episode on tv, but have vague memories of it.

But seeing this thing as a kid in love with GI JOe and seeing it as an Adult are two different things. Perspectives change. I now see the light... this movie sucks for me.

But yeah, I just saw it and it feels like I saw it for the first time.

Guest McBragg

OH, well you wrote "just saw" like it was the first time. i remember re-watching the Transformer movie after 10 years and was like "that's it?"