Interview with Avi Arad

Postalboy

Sorry if this is old news but in an Interview by IF Magazine with Avi Arad he answers an important question about the future of ML scale.

iF: Switching to toys how do the new HASBRO toy lines look in comparison to the previous TOY BIZ lines?

ARAD: TOY BIZ is very involved in the design of the toys, but the distribution will be through HASBRO. The scale isn’t going to change.

The rest of the interview here.

Its good to know the scale wont change. I just wonder if the articulation be the same, and if they'll keep making obscure characters.

GLK allready stated most of this stuff but its good to hear that its actaully official now :D

LOL! I love this

"WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN cartoon"

hey thats what all the xbooks may as well be called :P:D

I hope he just ment wolvie will have his own toon

i hate the plastic they used for series 13 its real flimsy

• 2 weeks later...

i hate the plastic they used for series 13 its real flimsy

since hasbro has there own factorys hopefully stuff like that will be better/easyer to controll for them :P

Seeing Hasbro seems to be rather anal about not having things that could be potentially dangerous to small kids I expect Hasbro to do one of the following:

First, they could sacrifice some of the articulation for stronger joints and better overall quality. Looking over some ML figs, and I can see several potential "hazards" that I'm sure won't sit well at all with Hasbro.

Obviously there is the more popular choice which is to make the figs every bit as articulated only with better quality. While this would be nice, Hasbro simply won't do it unless they can find a way to do it cost effectively. If keeping all the same articulation and making them stronger costs too much, then most likely the articulation will be the first things cut.

Personally, I think it's possible that figures may actually look better but will disappoint with there being lesser articulation. I just don't see Hasbro putting out a figure where a kid could easily snap off an arm and choke on it.

Only time will tell.

I highly doubt Hasbro would have anythang new for us ML collectors...

Expect a lotta of reissues ;)

And I highly doubt you are right, you kno nothing of what Hasbro has planned. @loll@

Draven

And I highly doubt you are right, you kno nothing of what Hasbro has planned. @loll@

Draven

U know hasbro is a joke....why u backing em up? @hmmm@

Draven

I'm with you on this one I'm just glad that say a company like ... mattel did not do this! we would see 1000 awsome new sculpts and toys protopics and then the line would be canned before it even got out @loll@ I buy many a hasbro item allready so I'll stick by em

We allready know they have stuff in the works and have most of the old ml/other toy guys working for them now :P

Hasbor is a million times better than Mattel

in fact, its probably the next best thing we could have got after Toybiz..

I mean, who actually even makes action figures now?

Jakks? crap

Playmates? uh.. no thanks.

Mattel? the worst action figure company out there, because of wasted potential.

Bandai? @lol@

Sota? that would be nice, but I aint sure if they could handle the load and MASS produce the figures... I am guessing they would also lower the price from their SF figures if they did Marvel stuff.. but I wouldn't pay 15 bucks a figure

who else is there?

Hasbro is clearly the best company to take over

Looking good!

LOL! I love this

"WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN cartoon"

hey thats what all the xbooks may as well be called :P:D

Wait.....there are other X-men besides Wolverine? Wow, that's news to me.

hmmm no, hasbro will make the toys, if anything they have simply hired a bunch of the guys who have worked on the ml/ect lines :) & since they work for hasbro hasbro is infact making them :P

PLus hasbro has there own factorys to make stuff so quality should be better, or at least as good as the regular ml stuff...

I just read this interview about the possible spin-offs...

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=3021

It makes me kinda mad that Avi says this reguarding the Wolverine spin-off

I don’t want to call it a prequel nor a sequel. It is Wolverine’s story and it is really concentrating on him. It’s about his life, his mysteries, and his loves. It’s not really a prequel or a sequel. It’s just a story like in the comics where we have X-Men, Wolverine, and books dealing with the other X-Men. Obviously, Wolverine is the number one X-man, and deserves his own story. Hugh Jackman will make the story that much more compelling.

OK first off...the first 2 movies were mainly about him. Second of all, he's definatly not the #1 X-Men. I mean, ok, to the general public he's the one most liked, but maybe that's because all Marvel does is shove him in people's faces? 3rd, if we're talking comics wise, Wolverine isn't the #1 X-Men at all. I mean he's always going against the rules, and always walking out whenever. I'd say if there were any "number one" X-Men that deserves a movie of their own, it would have to be one of their noble leaders, like Cyclops, Storm, or Professor X... not Logan. I've for one had enough Wolverine in the movies.

I guess in my opinion there is no "number one" X-Men. The X-Men are a team. Storm's my favorite, obviously, but I don't think she's the "number one" X-Man by any means. Every X-Man contributes to the team if different ways, all equally as valuable. I don't think it's fair to say anyone's the "number one" X-Man at all.

Sorry for the rambling, but I guess seeing as how Avi's been working with the X-Men since what, the early 90's? I think it's kind of a stupid thing for him to say.

Feel free to disagree with me. It's almost 6am and I feel like I'm rambling @hmmm@

With all respect, I'll ramble with you. Fact is Wolverine is the #1 X-Man hands down!! There is no way a cyclops or any other X-Men would do better than a Wolverine movie. Yes i know some of you are tired of Wolverine. But Logan is a Marvel ICON!! He's right up there with Spider-Man, Cap and the Hulk. THose are the 4 big marvel ICONS FACE IT!!! Everyone knows that!! You can't even argue that point -- whether you like it or not. He's a money maker because lots of people LIKE HIM!! So his character is still strong. His stories are getting more interesting too.

As far as the cartoon is concerned, i wonder how different or what angles that take with is series since we had the Fox Kids one and that was based on the comic as well. I'm just curious on what time they take the series off of. And if they have to retell stories again like Phoenix saga etc etc. Will probably see Mariko Yashada saga and some other cool new stuff. This will be cool. But they wont be able to show how tough Wolvy really is like being shot or stabbed a 1500 times or him killing that many people too. They'll just have him get on top of someone and have him about to kill someone that someone shooting him or stopin him from doing so like in the other cartoons.

I just want to say Hasbro does NOT suck. They've had issues over the years, but the past few have really seen them step up their game. Most of the ROTS collection rocks, (evolution sets pwn) They constantly improved Transformers since Armada, and the Classics line is what 99% of TF fans have wanted, those toys are EXACTLY what I want from TFs.

Alot of people #$## about what they did to Joe, but they turned around and marketed DIRECTLY to the fans with DTC.

I think people need to remember Hasbro is a multi million dollar company ran by stockholders. The fact tha they have done so much right recently is amazing. Just TRY to get anything with creative integrity through a boardroom meeting, I dare you! That goes for toys, music, OR movies!