Hama's Joe Declassified

Sgt. Rocco

Hey, Gang,

I know this is a toy forum, and most of you have given up on DDP's GI Joe, or at least don't talk about it here anymore, but I wanted to give you a heads up that Larry Hama is writing a limited series called GI Joe: Declassified.

Issue #1 came out Wednesday, and it's 48 pages of old school goodness.

Even if you haven't been a fan of the Joe relaunch or the relaunch of the relaunch, you may dig this!

I've got to order my copy!

I can't wait to get my hands on that comic! I heard it was good!

I just got it! The artwork is ok nothin big! I haven't read the store yet but it looks good! Btw there are 2 different covers one is $8.95 and the other is $2.95. The $8.95 one has v1 snake eyes on the cover and on the back is his original type file card wit scarlett, snake eyes and a shadow of what looks like to be Cobra commander.

I just got it! The artwork is ok nothin big! I haven't read the store yet but it looks good! Btw there are 2 different covers one is $8.95 and the other is $2.95. The $8.95 one has v1 snake eyes on the cover and on the back is his original type file card wit scarlett, snake eyes and a shadow of what looks like to be Cobra commander.

Tim Seeley's cardstock vintage art cover does indeed cost $8.95 US but Francis Manapul's cover is actually priced at $4.95 US. G.I. Joe: Declassified #1 contains 48 pages after all.

I got one , but can't find the card back anywhere. And I still read the DDP GIJoe comics, I haven't given up on them. The stories aren't that bad, but I hate the sloppy look they give the team. The long hair and unshaved look that would never happen. It's like a GIJoe grunge band. Hehe, maybe they could do a battle of the bands with Cold Slither. But, seriously, the comics are still pretty good.

Tim Seeley's cardstock vintage art cover does indeed cost $8.95 US but Francis Manapul's cover is actually priced at $4.95 US. G.I. Joe: Declassified #1 contains 48 pages after all.

Dam my bad I didn't even noticed I did that lol.

I've been looking forward to this one.

I'ves gots to go to the comic shop soon.

It is only three issues, huh?

and is it also true that they'll be out every other month? or is that just me remembering stuff wrong.

When does the Scarlett Declassified come out?

I've been looking forward to this one.

I'ves gots to go to the comic shop soon.

It is only three issues, huh?

and is it also true that they'll be out every other month? or is that just me remembering stuff wrong.

When does the Scarlett Declassified come out?

Yeah, that's true. G.I. Joe: Declassified is advertised as Bi-Monthly in Previews magazine. Scarlett: Declassified comes out in sometime July. Unfortunately, Devil's Due Publishing doesn't list the precise day a comic book will go on sale.

By the way, I should mention that a Newsarama interview contains a hint at a possible new G.I. Joe project written by Larry Hama. It states 'Following this Declassified project, does Hama have more G.I. Joe stories to tell? Is there a single moment from his earlier Marvel run that he'd like to revisit or at least expand on if time and opportunity allow for it? Old friends (i.e. characters) that he'd like to say hello to again?'

Larry replied "Zartan!"

Yeah, the series is only three issues, coming out every other month. But it's double-sized books, meaning the story will be the length of the six-issue miniseries.

It's an odd way of releasing what's probably going to be Devil's Due's most popular effort since 2001. But at least the Trade Paperback will probably come with another extra story or something. All in all, things are good wit Declassified. Hama's back on G.I.Joe, teaching the amateurs how to do it right...

Now they know...

I just read it and I have to say anyone who liked Hama's GI Joe run will love this book. I don't come across many $5 comics that are worth the price but this one is an exception.

Appearances by Chuckles, Sparks, and Shooter were great for die hard fans! (BTW, not too hard to tell who the "mystery character" Shooter is, if you ask me....).

As for Hama's future with Joe. In a perfict world I'd have him pick up where he left off with his Marvel continuity. Start with GI Joe #156 and just let him do whatever he wants!

im glad i already read it, kinda........ not hamas best work but still very excellent! and old school and i love that!

spoilers;

"

''

''

''

''

''

''

''

'''

''

''

''

''

''

''

''

'

there was a flash back, a flash forward and at one point a flash sideways???

shooter ? i think he's his own character? who gets killed in sierra gordo maybe the first dead joe ever??

i wish fred didnt show up in the end! can they tell this whole story in 144 pages? maybe if they stop going in 50 different direction at once, slow down i say! slow down!

TM

oh and just to brag i got the action figure tribute cover for the same price as the regular covers! the guy rang it up wrong i guess but i didnt say sh@t ! ;) wrong? i know, i know!

TM

I just read it and I have to say anyone who liked Hama's GI Joe run will love this book. I don't come across many $5 comics that are worth the price but this one is an exception.

Appearances by Chuckles, Sparks, and Shooter were great for die hard fans! (BTW, not too hard to tell who the "mystery character" Shooter is, if you ask me....).

As for Hama's future with Joe. In a perfict world I'd have him pick up where he left off with his Marvel continuity. Start with GI Joe #156 and just let him do whatever he wants!

Just read it. VERY AWESOME. Makes me very happy to see Hama back with the OGs. :D

SPOILERS, maybe... @hmmm@

Chuckles was cool.

Who is Sparks? Im die hard but can't remember him. (I guess if I was really diehard I wouldn't be asking.)

And I can't tell who the mystery 14th Joe is, Shooter?

I think TM is right, just maybe the first casualty of the Joe team.

Im all giddy right now after reading it.

Its going to be a long 2 months for the next one.

I think Shooter is.................................SPOILER!

That Sgt. Craig lady that shows up at the begining of the book. Short Fuze was making a big deal about her rifleman's badge and how you have to be a great shot in order to get it. Sounds like someone who I'd code name SHOOTER! (duh.......:) )

Who is Sparks?

We need a sticky here and on yojoe that explains who Sparks is :)

spoilers ???

it looks like sparks is flagg right hand guy now? a joe but looks like he takes care of logistical matters, cooler then he was in the toon, in less i am wrong he never showed up in the mavel run.

as for shooter you maybe right yojoebro82, i was wondering about that myself why they were gushing over this chic and her metals? but i hope you are wrong because shooter is a white guy in the single pic we ever saw (the one on the inside cover of the comic) it could be said that the pic in the comic with the hand covering most of shooters picture, race and gender cannot be esstablished! true plus would stand to reason, that the original joe team had a black female on board

it just screws me up because in my joeverse shooter (a hawks head hair painted black w/ a gotee and breakers body) is a joe sharp shooter and i use him alot!! :(

but im interested enough to see what hama does with this to buy all three books! even though i think hama has been "slipping" a bit with the stuff he writes i still only consider it law if he writes it!

TM

We need a sticky here and on yojoe that explains who Sparks is :)

Thanks guys for making me feel 'hardcore' again. @smilepunch@

But, I can't remember Sparks. Did he come out in the first season only or just the miniseries,... I can't remember him.

JoeBro,... maybe not a sticky but a short paragraph :D

i thought it was great. Classic Hama!

Do you think he is going to JoeCon?

I agree Sgt.Craig is a strong possiblilty as Shooter.

We will see!