Apocalypse is kind of weak...

khamla

Well ok he's not weak, but he just doesn't seem as scary as he once was back in the days. It's like ok the X-Men are fighting Apocalypse but its like the X-Men can take him. As for his character, he's not as scary as he once was to me. He's not intimidating no more since he has been beaten. He's vulnerable now.

I just dont understand why he just doesn't turn bigger and then step and shoot on people? Then he be unstopable. Dont any of you people feel the same way. Like if Apocalypse is going to come back and try to rule the world. It's like there is no way, there are too many superheros out there. Sentry can take him himself.

He isn't as menacing anymore because now we know his whole backstory (and future story too) so he is not as mysterious. Unless they decide to retcon things. I never really liked his character design. I don't like shape shifters. His background, his horsemen and how he affects the past and the future are cool though.

What bothers me is that every writer tries to have him do the exact same thing every time.

"Only the strong will survive! I am strong! Therefore, I will make my Four Horsemen and rule the world!"

Some master planner. Apparently, while the guy is thousands of years old, he's only come up with one decent idea in his life.

What made Apocalypse lost luster with me was the whole alien technology in his origin story that kept him alive so long.

Thanos would take him.

Then Galactus would eat them both.

actaully in one of the latest comics apocalypse admited th at it was quite ironic that those who are the fitest to survive in his world stand agenst him :P

I Thought that was kinda cool

Yeah i just miss how certain marvel characters were like scared of Apocalyspe. Or at least make it seem like he has a shot at ruling the world. But when you look at things, there is no chance in hell. I mean Onslaught was a menacing force, peeps were scared. And if Apocaplyse is so dang powerful why does he even need horsemen.

He just seems so weak to me. And i'm still confused on how he got "beat" at that last book. I saw some kind of explosion but not sure who caused it or not. It was the scene with Apoc and Havok. And then we saw Apoc fall into oblivion.

Its like we see a new book promoting the return of Apocalypse and the X-Men are in trouble! It's like the X-Men are like, "Yeah, yeah Apocalyspe...i'll kick your butt latter! Right after i finish eating my CoCo Puffs cereal and mow the lawn b4 Xaiver yells at me!"

well to be honest most of the xmen books of late are am ess so I wouldn't put much stock into them...

wait intill the new guys take over in july or something ...

Apoc, like most other Marvel villians, is, for lack of a better comparsion, is like Herpes (unstairs or downstairs). They are all bound to pop up again because no one truly dies. So why be worried about them? Just sigh and say, "Oh, you again...."

What bothers me is that every writer tries to have him do the exact same thing every time.

"Only the strong will survive! I am strong! Therefore, I will make my Four Horsemen and rule the world!"

Some master planner. Apparently, while the guy is thousands of years old, he's only come up with one decent idea in his life.

Let it go! ....he slept alot? :unsure:

Yeah i just miss how certain marvel characters were like scared of Apocalyspe. Or at least make it seem like he has a shot at ruling the world. But when you look at things, there is no chance in hell. I mean Onslaught was a menacing force, peeps were scared. And if Apocaplyse is so dang powerful why does he even need horsemen.

He just seems so weak to me. And i'm still confused on how he got "beat" at that last book. I saw some kind of explosion but not sure who caused it or not. It was the scene with Apoc and Havok. And then we saw Apoc fall into oblivion.

Its like we see a new book promoting the return of Apocalypse and the X-Men are in trouble! It's like the X-Men are like, "Yeah, yeah Apocalyspe...i'll kick your butt latter! Right after i finish eating my CoCo Puffs cereal and mow the lawn b4 Xaiver yells at me!"

what about the X-men evolution version of him? I saw dark horizons, and he looked like he was pretty boss in that! but I did see how it ended so...

apocalypse's potential as an A-list villain was very high at one point..but was shattered with the recent discovery of his origin as cyclonus put it. i used to think he was like stryfe or even more powerful...but now there are so many villains that can whoop his ass it's not even funny. at least they made a cool BAF outta him!

It's just the recent writers that mishandled him. In my ML setup, Apocalypse, Magneto and Juggernaut are the only 3 REAL threats to the whole team. But look at how ANY writer could ruin any one of them.

Charlie took Magnus's mind and he's been a good-guy before too. Both a clone and an alien impersonated him as well.

Juggernaut is supposed to be "unstoppable" but if Wolverine and Rogue can rip off his helmet a telepath could take control of his mind. As if there's some sort of helmet that can shield against telepathy.

I like to just follow the creator's idea of their character. I don't go in for whatever stupid new retcon the latest "fashionable" writers have for the character.

Yeah, it's all of the writers faults. They have this awesome, almost omnipotent being that's so powerful that they have no idea what to do with him. His abilities are so limitless that the writers can't begin to fathom what he's capable of. Thus, we get these story/plot lines that aren't worthy of the great Lord Apocalypse. Whom, I serve as one of his Horsemen. See my signature line: