ADC/TNI Fantasy Football 2006

Ugly Bulldog

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard xpinxbotx.

16 teams are in, 2 spots remain.

Due to the large league, I've changed the starting WRs spot from 3 to 2. Also, bench spots have been reduced from 7 to 6. I like the 3 WRs myself, but I don't think it will work for teams if a star WR gets injured. The free agent crop would be next to nothing to replace the star player with someone decent.

If anyone would still like the third WR, just voice your opinion here so everyone can come to a consensus.

I was one of the people very vocal in my displeasure of 2 WR spots last year. However, I have to agree that with this many teams I just can't see 3 WR slots being feasable.

Anyways the draft could be moved back to 2pm ? If not it's fine, I just work midnights and normally wake up right at 1pm :P

As long as UB continues his updates throughout the season all will be well. Honestly those really made last season :)

• 2 weeks later...

We had one more team join the league. THERE'S JUST ONE SPOT LEFT. If you want to join, now is the time to do it.

I'll be moving the draft time back to 3:00/2:00 o'clock eastern/central time per Tyranus's request.

Welcome aboard xpinxbotx.

16 teams are in, 2 spots remain.

Due to the large league, I've changed the starting WRs spot from 3 to 2. Also, bench spots have been reduced from 7 to 6. I like the 3 WRs myself, but I don't think it will work for teams if a star WR gets injured. The free agent crop would be next to nothing to replace the star player with someone decent.

If anyone would still like the third WR, just voice your opinion here so everyone can come to a consensus.

I like 3 WR.... c'mon, everybody doesn't have to have 2 top-notch WR... that 3rd WR is where you show off your skills as a team manager.

its not like its unfair to anyone for there to be 3 WR spots... everybody will face the same challenge.

there are 64 WR that will be starters in the NFL.... if we have 3 WR spots, that is only 54 WR needed... there will be 10 starting WR left for benches (assuming that everyone made sure to pick 3 WR before the startes ran out)..

so everyone will have the chance to have a full roster of starting receivers... and that doesn't even take into account any teams that use 3 WR heavily, (Colts, etc).. However, not everyteam will have a chance to have 4 starting WR on their roster.

if people are really worried about it.. maybe a flex position would be good (WR/TE, WR/RB, etc)..

Personally, like I've stated before, I'm not sure if 3 WR would be feasible, even though I like it. The flex position (RB/WR) is a good idea, but that could cause some trouble too. The problem is that all 18 TNI teams will have to pick up 2 RBs as starters. If all the teams do that, 36 RBs will be starters for the TNI league, when there's only 32 RBs who start in the NFL. It wouldn't leave much room for RBs for that RB/WR flex spot.

If anyone else has an opinion on the roster spots, don't be shy. I'll change it to 3 WR if that's what the majority wants. It's best if we come to a consensus now.

IMPORTANT!

after doing some thinking and checking out the schedule, I would propose that the draft be moved back at least 10 days.

currentyly, our draft is scheduled for August 16th, after only the first week of preseason football.

the third week of preseason football ends August 25th... if we have our draft on Aug 26th or later, we will be able to avoid injuries and have had a chance to see what is going with the players. Also, we will be able to see what players will still be holding out of training camp because of contract squabbles.. or whatever.

Agree?

Welcome biglebowski.

The league is set.

To answer Clam's question, the draft time is still scheduled for Saturday, August 26th at 3:00 eastern/2:00 central. Did anyone want it moved back past August 26th?

The first game of the season is Thursday, September 7th. Like Clam said, the 26th will be the third pre-season week for all teams, with just one pre-season week after that.

Welcome biglebowski.

The league is set.

To answer Clam's question, the draft time is still scheduled for Saturday, August 26th at 3:00 eastern/2:00 central. Did anyone want it moved back past August 26th?

The first game of the season is Thursday, September 7th. Like Clam said, the 26th will be the third pre-season week for all teams, with just one pre-season week after that.

oops.. sorry.. I thought it was schedules for the 16th... the 26th is perfect...

sorry about that bro.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the draft is scheduled in just 19 days. I'm going to put the draft date in stone now since no one else has voiced any other date.

Saturday, August 26th, 3:00 EST/2:00 CDT.

I'll be sending out PMs just before that so everyone has a chance to remember.

Due to TheBus36 being banned from TNI within the past day, I have decided to remove him from the TNI Fantasy Football league.

Therefore, THERE IS (once again) ONE MORE SPOT AVAILABLE IN THIS YEAR'S LEAGUE.

Also because of the unexpected nature of Yahoo email accounts, I edited the first page and removed the group ID# and password. For those still interested in joining, send me a PM that you want in. I would be glad to send you the group ID# and password.

This looks like it will be the most competitive TNI fantasy football league to date, and it's sure to be a great season.

I'm not gonna get too in-depth with it, but from all indications I've seen from him on these boards, the kid has a lot of growing up to do.

I knew he could have presented problems in this league, but I was willing to give him a chance. He blew it though.

A few more announcments:

--The league is set once again with a full 18 teams. Thanks to SKARAPZ for saving the day.

--Don't forget to sign-up for the ADC/TNI Pro Football Pick'Em contest. Details are in the self-titled thread in the Talking Sports forum page. So far we've only had four people sign-up. Last year we had a large number play the game. I'm hoping we get a lot more.

--A week or so before the fantasy draft, I'll try to post a "History of the ADC/TNI Football League". It'll probably consist of records and stat breakdowns for you statistical nugget lovers.

--Mmm, nuggets. I'm hungry all of a sudden.

That is all.

ADC/TNI FOOTBALL 2006

PRE-SEASON BREAK DOWN

This is the fourth annual ADC/TNI Fantasy Football League. Due to the longevity of the league, this edition will be a pre-season Break Down to give some insight on the history of the league. Hopefully this will invigorate some competitive juices in everyone before the draft next week.

BREAK DOWN OF TEAMS

Team -- Coach (Regular Season Record; Championship Bracket Playoff Record)

Stockton Pillbugs –- Doublecross (18-10; 0-2)

Oakland Taters –- The Thing (11-15-1; 0-1)

Prime Patriots –- Prime2099 (19-21-1; 3-0)

Grifter –- Grifter (0-0)

Dirty Sanchez’s -– biglebowski9999 (0-0)

Skarapz Soldiers -– SKARAPZ (3-10; 0-0)

The Doombots –- xpinxbotx (0-0)

Intergalactic D-cons -– Astrotrain99 (5-9; 0-0)

Halfback Hamsters –- hamsterboy (22-19; 1-2)

Maverick Hunters –- Tyranus (7-7; 2-1)

Angel Investigations -– TommyGoth (11-16-1; 0-1)

DaBears –- CLAM34 (30-10-1; 8-1)

Spider-Men -– Marvel_Joe_Spider (8-18-1; 0-0)

Outsiders Inc. –- Outsiders (19-22; 0-0)

Ten Jerks & a Squirt -– The Superfly (15-13; 0-2)

Prowl –- Prowl (28-13; 2-3)

The Gotham Knights -– HardRockBatman00 (6-8; 0-0)

Bulldog Brigade –- Ugly Bulldog (16-12; 1-2)

BEST REGULAR SEASON RECORD

1 -- DaBears -- 30-10-1

2 -- Prowl -- 28-13

3 -- Stockton Pillbugs –- 18-10

4 -- Bulldog Brigade –- 16-12

5 -- Halfback Hamsters –- 22-19

6 -- Ten Jerks & a Squirt -– 15-13

7 -- Maverick Hunters -– 7-7

8 -- Prime Patriots –- 19-21-1

9 -- Outsiders Inc. –- 19-22

10 - The Gotham Knights -– 6-8

MOST REGULAR SEASON VICTORIES

1 -- DaBears -- 30

2 -- Prowl -- 28

3 -- Halfback Hamsters -- 22

4 -- Prime Patriots -- 19

4 -- Outsiders Inc. -- 19

BEST CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET PLAYOFF RECORD*

1 -- DaBears -- 8-1

2 -- Prime Patriots -- 3-0

3 -- Maverick Hunters -- 2-1

4 -- Prowl -- 2-3

5 -- Bulldog Brigade –- 1-2

5 -- Halfback Hamsters –- 1-2

*Championship Bracket Playoff Record does not reflect results from consolation playoff games, rather counts only playoff games in the race for the 1st place championship.

BEST POST-SEASON RECORD**

1 -- DaBears -- 8-1

2 -- Prime Patriots -- 3-0

3 -- Maverick Hunters -- 2-1

4 -- Bulldog Brigade –- 3-3

4 -- Halfback Hamsters –- 3-3

4 -- Stockton Pillbugs -- 3-3

4 -- Ten Jerks & a Squirt -- 3-3

**Best Post-Season Record reflects games that include consolation playoff games.

BEST SUCCESS RATING***

1 -- DaBears -- 97.7% (43/44)

2 -- Maverick Hunters -– 92.9% (13/14)

3 -- Bulldog Brigade -– 76.7% (23/30)

4 -- Prowl –- 72.7% (32/44)

5 -- Stockton Pillbugs –- 66.7% (20/30)

5 -- Ten Jerks & a Squirt -– 66.7% (20/30)

7 -- Halfback Hamsters -– 56.8% (25/44)

8 -- Prime Patriots –- 47.7% (21/44)

9 -- Oakland Taters -- 43.3% (13/30)

10 - Outsiders Inc. -– 43.2% (19/44)

***Best Success Rating is a Yahoo! ranking that reflects the final season ranking of each team and given as a percentage. To illustrate, DaBears finished 1st out of 14 teams last season, so DaBears received 14 of 14 points, for a total of a 100% success rating. DaBears finished 2nd out of 16 teams in 2004, so DaBears received 15 of 16 points, for a total of a 93.75% success rating. In 2003, DaBears finished 1st out of 14 teams, to once again receive 14 out of 14 points (for 100% success rating). So out of a possible 44 points, DaBears received 43 points, for a TNI success rating of 97.7% (43 divided by 44).

FAST FACTS

--Thank you to Procko_Zero Prime for doing power rankings in the first year of this league. Without them, these records would not be possible.

--The first two years of the ADC/TNI Fantasy Football league was instead labeled as Real American Hero (RAH) Football, created by Procko_Zero Prime. After Procko left the boards, RAH Football was officially converted and referred to as ADC/TNI Football, starting last year.

--With 18 teams this year, this is the largest ADC/TNI Fantasy Football league. The second largest was 16 teams in 2004.

--12 out of the 14 teams from last year return to the field this season.

--Only team to change their name from last year is Bulldog Brigade, who were previously referred to as Dog Pound.

--Three teams are new to the ADC/TNI league (Dirty Sanchez’s, Grifter, and The Doombots).

--Three teams make their returns to the ADC/TNI league (Oakland Taters, Spider-Men, and Skarapz Soldiers).

--Only five teams have competed in all four years of the TNI football league (DaBears, Prowl, Halfback Hamsters, Prime Patriots, and Outsiders Inc.).

--DaDynasty in the ADC/TNI Fantasy Football league obviously belongs to DaBears:

--DaBears defeated Conn No Maams (Procko_Zero Prime) in RAH Super Bowl I.

--Prime Patriots defeated DaBears in RAH Super Bowl II.

--DaBears defeated Maverick Hunters in ADC/TNI Super Bowl III.