ADC/TNI Fantasy Football 2006

Ugly Bulldog

Believe it or not, the fourth annual ADC/TNI Football season is ready for sign-up on Yahoo already. I'll be sending out PMs in the near future to TNI members from last year for early dibs.

If you're interested, enter your Yahoo ID! and head over to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1...ster/joinleague to sign up. Select "Join Custom" league and then it'll ask you for the league ID# and password. Those are provided right here:

League ID#: ####

Password: ###

EDITED on 08/14/06: If you still want in, please send me a PM and I will get you the league ID# and password.

Just go through the prompts, come up with a clever gridiron team name, and you should be set for some football.

Please look over the rules, playoff dates, and draft time so we can come to a consensus on the settings. The stat categories remain the same from last year. Right now, I added a third WR slot and added a bench spot from last year (for a total of seven bench spots).

Also, playoff dates are scheduled for eight teams, starting in Week 14 and the Super Bowl ending in Week 16 (one week before the regular season ends). Last year, the Super Bowl was a bit of letdown in Week 17 due to NFL teams benching key players, thus fantasy teams didn't have their best stuff. So to combat that problem I moved the playoff dates up by a week. There is an option for a 4-team playoff or a 6-team playoff (with the top two regular season teams receiving first round byes) that some people might be more interested in. Just throw your suggestions out here. If you still want the playoffs to go from Week 15-17, we can do that too.

As of now, draft day is scheduled for Saturday, August 26th at 1:00 EST (which is 85 days away from now), so a date change won't be a problem if some want it changed too.

Whatever your preferences, just list them now.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My late-season rally for a playoff spot left me hungry for more. Hopefully I'll win 7 straight at the beginning instead of in the middle this year.

We are doing ONE quaterback this year right, cause last year a lot of us got screwed with the 2 quaterback set

Yup, this year we're going with just one QB. We did the two QB setting two years ago and it created a lot of problems for teams.

The breakdown for starting positions are as follows:

QB -- 1

RB -- 2

WR -- 3 (changed from last year)

TE -- 1

K -- 1

DEF -- 1

Bench spots contain 7 right now, but that may be reduced based on how many people we have sign up. We already had 12 signed up within the first three days.

So far, 13 teams are in (11 of which were in last year's league). As it stands, 5 more spots are open.

Teams in so far include:

Halfback Hamsters

Maverick Hunters

Prime Patriots

Oakland Taters

Stockton Pillbugs

Prowl

The Gotham Knights

DaBears

Spider-Men

Angel Investigations

Outsiders Inc.

Ten Jerks & a Squirt

Bulldog Brigade

We're still looking for more teams.

I'm in to show what a newbie can do. Good luck playing for 2nd guys!!!

Glad to have you in. I took a look at your Yahoo bio. Pretty impressive if I may say so.

Anyway, we're up to 15 teams now. 3 spots remain with two months between now and draft day.

Also, with the larger amount of teams in this year's league, I may have to cut the third WR roster spot and possibly one of the bench spots (so there would be six total bench spots). With so many teams, I believe a lot of teams would have trouble having a third WR. Also, with the number of bench spots that could be available, a lot of teams would just be drafting guys they don't really know about towards the later parts of the draft. I would like some decent free agents available in case a star player for a team would get injured. Otherwise, draft day would completely decide who wins and who loses.

Last year, some free agent pickups really helped some teams (like Terry Glenn, Mark Brunell, Samkon Gado, and Kevin Curtis).

I'm in to show what a newbie can do. Good luck playing for 2nd guys!!!

Glad to have you in. I took a look at your Yahoo bio. Pretty impressive if I may say so.

Anyway, we're up to 15 teams now. 3 spots remain with two months between now and draft day.

Also, with the larger amount of teams in this year's league, I may have to cut the third WR roster spot and possibly one of the bench spots (so there would be six total bench spots). With so many teams, I believe a lot of teams would have trouble having a third WR. Also, with the number of bench spots that could be available, a lot of teams would just be drafting guys they don't really know about towards the later parts of the draft. I would like some decent free agents available in case a star player for a team would get injured. Otherwise, draft day would completely decide who wins and who loses.

Last year, some free agent pickups really helped some teams (like Terry Glenn, Mark Brunell, Samkon Gado, and Kevin Curtis).

That sounds like a good idea. That way we won't get stuck drafting guys like Ricky Williams.