Big Spider-Man news--no spoilers...yet

RandomHero

yeah i def think if they do a 4th villian it would have to be lizard, at least i hope so since they at least have already introduced him..

however i dont want him to be a throw away character. i REALLY hope they learned from the batman and robin movie and dont screw it up.

i think that one of the characters are gonna be a throw away. even before i heard of the idea of a 4th villian i thought that maybe sandman was just a battle in the beggining of the film. now i think he may still be a small part but i think the 4th villian will be a throw away too at least i HOPE since like maybe others have said that the film will be too crowded.

but if they do a couple throw away villians then it will be the best ever.

maybe they have brock get to the scene of the crimes of the villians only to be upstaged by spiderman then by parker later since he has better pictures which leads to even MORE resentment and hatred for both

I can't see it being a character like Carnage, lizard or Mysterio because they would warrant an entire story or explanation. I think it's safe to say it's going to be a more "bank robber" type character, simple minded with powers that are very easily explained or not even necessarily needed to be explained. If you have shocker, if you focus on his gauntlets, the crowd will immediately realize basically one thing, he shoots stuff (sound waves) and that’s that. If you have the Lizard, people are going to think "How did a giant lizard thing come to be?" or if you have Carnage people are going to think "How on earth does that suit work, how does he get his powers" and so forth. I think it's going to be someone like Scorpion, Shocker, Rhino, beetle (doubtful though) or some other villain using man made powers or "suits". Rhino has super strength, but that can be easily conveyed and he's not the most brilliant character. My actual guess is it's Rhino. Reason I don't think it's mysterio is because mysterio isn't exactly his biggest foe, but he is one of his more intelligent enemies. He could pull off a movie all by himself, I don't think he'll be demoted to just a cameo like appearance.

why would they pay a big name actor like william macy to play lizard in spidey two if he wasn't going to be a major part of SIII, rather than just a mere cameo

cuz they DIDNT hire a big name actor like william macy? lol

Since when William Macy played Professor Conners? Which version did you watch? lol @loll@

I think the Lizard is a possiblity, but since the Chameleon's name popped up so much during early preproduction I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. And just because Dr Connors has appearred in a prior movie doesn't mean he'll be in this one. After all Billy Dee Williams played Harvey Dent in the first Batman movie.

I hope its BONESAW!!!!!

Actually Lizard makes the most sense, since they have established his character a little bit. With a lizard storyline, it would be easy to set up. Oscorp develops a machine that can regrow limbs, and Connors being the science proffessor he is, volunteers to be the test subject of such a groundbreaking experiment. Connors turns into Lizard, and goes on a manical spree.

During this time period, John Jameson returns from space in a crash landing, with spidey making the save and getting the symbiote in the same scene.

Meanwhile Osbourn hires Sandman to take out spiderman for him. This leads to a Sandman/Lizard/Black spidey battle, with eddie brock trailing and trying to get a good picture for the paper. Spidey is getting his ass beat, then GG shows up and makes the save, sacrificing himself for his good friend peter. During all of this, spiderman gets near a bell, and the shockwaves send the symbiote running to Brock.

Add in some drama with MJ since Peter is more agressive with the new suit, and you have yourself an exciting spiderman movie.

I think the Lizard is a possiblity, but since the Chameleon's name popped up so much during early preproduction I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. And just because Dr Connors has appearred in a prior movie doesn't mean he'll be in this one. After all Billy Dee Williams played Harvey Dent in the first Batman movie.

I thought of this myself, I'm thinking that Chameleon will be in it perhaps if there isn't an eye candy villain at the start whom surves no purpose other then to have a fight scene and then, simply, go away. Chameleon could be in the story...without us even knowing about it until the end. Whamo, Harry Osborne was really the Chameleon, Surprise, Eddie Brock was the Chameleon...HOLY CRAP, GWEN STACY was really the chameleon! I think it very well may be a safe bet that he's in it, as the rumor kept saying he was and Venom wasn't. Perhaps, to keep the major Chameleon surprise secret, they are covering up him being in it and saying Venom is instead, a hoax. It would make sense to me anyway, Rami does hate Venom and has always been partial toward more classic characters. When they were making the Empire Strikes Back, I believe scripted was "Obi Wan killed your father" or "Obi Wan is your father" or something LIKE that, and then obviously we all know the real line is saying that Vader is Lukes father. There have been film hoax's to keep secrets, I think it's possible.

I don't think the Lizard would work for this. Dispite the fact he was introduced in 2, a character like that would just make this movie waay too crowded. I have faith in Raimi and co. after the last two movies, they wouldn't make a mistake like that. Save Lizard for another movie.

I like that Chameleon idea up above, but I doubt a big time summer blockbuster would screw with it's audiance like that. We may know the character, but the vast majority of people would just be left saying a big ole WTF.

Overall I'm hoping for the villian in the opening scene idea to be true. I think Rhino would fit the role best, but after seeing Juggernaught in X3 I'm skeptical as to how well they could pull of the look of the character. I'm going to say Shocker or Mysterio are probably the best bets at this point. They don't wanna use someone like Scorpian or Electro who could potentially carry a movie by themself...Damn I am so excited for this movie hah

and I hope they fixed Goblin's costume, its horrible

Agreed

Also I think the character there hiding isnt gonna be for just a simple bank robbing scene If it was then they wouldnt keep it a secret im guessing its Carnage at the end of the movie

i think this would be a good ploit

Spidey and Mj are having some problems and they have a time apart so peter meats gwen and that happens k but like spidey was out fighting crime (the 4th minor baddy) and that night he finds a black sploge on his suit. he wakes up the next morning and his suit has changed. also peter has a new co worker eddie brock and he dose something wrong and he gets fierd

That same day he is spinging around new york when he hears a bank alarm and police cars so he runs to the secen and it is sandman (witch before this bank scene gives u a little info on sandman) so they fight a little and spidey becomes a pain in the ass of the sandman through out the film and he seeks some help but by this time spidey has became a monster with the suit and chucks it.

Through out the film u should see harry turning insane with his father talking to him throught windows and mirors. He becomes the second green goblin and teams up with spidey. they have a battle and gwen some how gets involved and is killed by GG.

Near the end of the film eddie is working out with a picture of peter on his wall and he turns round to the camara and he turns to into Venom.

sorry about the long post and the spelling and the waste of ur time tell me if it sound ok.

why would they pay a big name actor like william macy to play lizard in spidey two if he wasn't going to be a major part of SIII, rather than just a mere cameo

He's right....Conners was played by Dylan Baker, not William H. Macy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048414/

if u click on that above link it confirms its the lizard

The Story of a Mother (2006) (pre-production) (voice) .... Thornbush

Spider-Man 3 (2007) (filming) .... Curt Connors Ph.D./The Lizard

He's right....Conners was played by Dylan Baker, not William H. Macy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048414/

if u click on that above link it confirms its the lizard

The Story of a Mother (2006) (pre-production) (voice) .... Thornbush

Spider-Man 3 (2007) (filming) .... Curt Connors Ph.D./The Lizard

IMDB also 'confirmed' that the fourth villian will be Aunt May with the Carnage symbiot, so take IMDB with a grain (more like a couple tons) of salt.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on in forever but school almost killed me this year

anyway, here's what I think is going to happen;

at the beginning of the movie, peter gets the symbiote, and then uses it to thwart most likely a bank robber, then harry sends sandman after peter, peter quite easily defeats the sandman, angry at this harry dons the hobgoblin suit and tries to take peter out, but instead of taking peter out, he just takes off the symbiote which then goes to eddie brock. Peter then returns to the red and blue to defeat the hobgoblin and venom.

(I also think it is possible that sandman may be the bank robber and harry hires someone like the rhino)