Big Spider-Man news--no spoilers...yet

RandomHero

I'm hoping it will be a small part, like Spidey stopping Rhino from robbing a bank at the begining or something. That would be totally cool and there's a lot of lesser Spidey foes that would be awesome to see in a role like this

I'm hoping it will be a small part, like Spidey stopping Rhino from robbing a bank at the begining or something. That would be totally cool and there's a lot of lesser Spidey foes that would be awesome to see in a role like this

I would have to agree on it being Rhino cause it could be a simple bank robbery and a great fight scene

"Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin"

I thought Lizard was in it... and I hope they fixed Goblin's costume, its horrible

Maybe they mean Spidey, what with the black suit bringing out the darker side to his personality and what not. I dunno, but if it's someone else it better just be a small cameo or something, as it'll get too crowded. Bruce Campbell as Mysterio!

a movie shocker would actaully be cool in that out fit ... I think it could match up quite nicely with the spiderman movie outfit ...

aka all the wirres and such...

I'm thinking it might be Man-Wolf. It depends on what origin they go with for Venom. It's probably too soon for Carnage. It could be the Lizard. The reason why I think Man-Wolf is because John Jameson was introduced as a fairly significant character last movie - he has ties to Mary Jane, Peter and JJJ. He was also a factor in Venom's origin in the cartoons.

I think the sandman is just gonna be someone SPidey beats up in a street battle just to show off his new suit, no story plot or anything (which is good cuz the actor stinks)

So when did they announce the GG would be in it, I mean it was hinted at in 2 but what official stuff is there

I think the sandman is just gonna be someone SPidey beats up in a street battle just to show off his new suit, no story plot or anything (which is good cuz the actor stinks)

So when did they announce the GG would be in it, I mean it was hinted at in 2 but what official stuff is there

I'd say the interview in the original post pretty much confirms the Goblin will be a villain of some sort in the movie. Whether it had already been confirmed of I'm not sure (though I was under the impression it was a sure thing).

Since Venom (not Eddie Brock I mean) is only going to be in the movie the last 10 minutes, I venture to say

First part of me, Spidey fights the Sandman, his crime, bad acting.. as regular Spidey

then somehow gets the black suit, fights the new GG.. does something to piss off Eddie Brock, then fights Venom in the last part of the movie

Since Venom (not Eddie Brock I mean) is only going to be in the movie the last 10 minutes, I venture to say

First part of me, Spidey fights the Sandman, his crime, bad acting.. as regular Spidey

then somehow gets the black suit, fights the new GG.. does something to piss off Eddie Brock, then fights Venom in the last part of the movie

I'd say it'd go like this: Spidey fights random Spider-Man villain like Rhino or Shocker (Not someone it would take a lot to explain his origin like the Lizard, more of a "Hey I stole this cool new weapon and am using it to rob something or terrorize something. That sort of thing can be covered with a few lines of exposition.) During this fight something that our hero does causes the creation of Sandman, and the black costume. (Leads me to believe it'll be an assault on Oscorp as the opening action.) After discovering his powers Sandman sees them as a curse and decides to enact revenge on Spider-Man. Harry, will end up using Sandman to try to kill Spider-Man, much like he did Doc Ock. In the meantime the Black Costume follows Pete home and merges with him. The new powers the costume gives him allow Spider-Man to beat Sandman and Harry dons The GG costume to help double team Spidey, but he ultimately wins out in the end. Discovering that the costume has made him just as ruthless as those he tries to stop Spidey retreats to remove the costume, but is followed by Eddie Brock, who we have established earlier is jealous of Pete for getting all the Spider-Man shots and is determined to get some of his own. Brock follows Spider-Man and arrives just in time to see Pete purge the black costume from him, thus discovering he is Spider-Man. Pete escapes and heads home to Mary Jane. Meanwhile Eddie is attacked by the black costume and merges with it and Venom makes a short appearance at the end of the film (ala Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith) and sets the stage for Spider-Man 4.

At least from not having read any spoilers and knowing what villains are involved that makes the most sense to me.

My moneys on Lizard!

I can see them doing the Lizard and I agree with Yo-Man as well. Why cast a big name in a role if it was only going to be a cameo. If not the lizard then I can see someone like Shocker or Electro whom Spidey just encounters one of them while commiting a crime, Spidey whups em' pretty good, and hauled off to jail. That I can see happen.

why would they pay a big name actor like william macy to play lizard in spidey two if he wasn't going to be a major part of SIII, rather than just a mere cameo

cuz they DIDNT hire a big name actor like william macy? lol

*Sigh*........when I hear them talk about jamming FOUR villians into a movie I get worried. Counting Spidey, that'll be a minnimum 5 people jumping around in bright Halloween costumes. Remember the last time that happened? It was called Batman and Robin.

I know people are geeked about the CGI possibilities of having Venom in there, but I was hoping for a more traditional Spidey bad guy. Sandman is good, what about Lizard? Doc Connors is even established already.

why would they pay a big name actor like william macy to play lizard in spidey two if he wasn't going to be a major part of SIII, rather than just a mere cameo

cuz they DIDNT hire a big name actor like william macy? lol

He's right....Conners was played by Dylan Baker, not William H. Macy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048414/