Off Topic:

Lady Jaye

Mods, since this is the only place I really post here, I wanted to share the good news with my fellow Marvel Legenders!! :D

Well it's official, I am a college graduate! Bout freakin time, no? My school actually had their commencement a week or two ago, but I didn't want to say anything until I had all the info from the school, since I didn't cross the stage! You know, no real reason too cross since moms wasn't able to be here!

I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science. I graduated Magna Cum Laude, with a cumulative GPA of 3.88. I missed Summa Cum Laude by 1 point! Ratz! I also graduated with Program Honors as well! This is straight from the web site as to how to get Program honors:

Program Honors

Students who have attained a high degree of excellence in the work of their respective major subjects, and who have in addition satisfied the requirements prescribed by the division concerned, are awarded program honors.

It was a pleasent surprise since I wasn't really going for the Program Honors. I was really vying for Latin Honors!

I also received two awards from the Program Chair, Dr Harvey Strum. One is the Chavez King award, which is obviously named after Caesar Chavez and Martin Luther King. According to Dr Strum, the award was created to honor graduating students or recent grads for public service and living up to the ideals of King and Chavez. I also received the Excellence in Social Science award, which you can tell from the name what it stands for!

Finally I also was inducted into Phi Kappa Phi, the honor society for the college! It's actually the honor society for the main college, Russel Sage College for Women, but students at our college may get an invite! I did and joined!

So not so bad for this chicana, I guess?? I wish I would have done this a lot sooner though. That'll always be my asterisk next to my name, ya know! It is amazing how fast it went by, it just seems like yesterday when I first got off the plane in Albany! But to know where I came from to acheiving this, I'm a bit proud!

I haven't decided what to do yet. Currently I got hired on till the end of the Legislative session. But I'm looking around for a job up here as well! I have till the end of August that's when my lease runs out, and then I either move back home to the Great State of Texas or move out because of a job I found up here in Albany. Ideally I would love to have found job down in the city.

I will probably work for a year, and then probably apply for Law School. Notre Dame is still my number 1 choice, followed by St Johns down in the City, Northwestern in Chicago,, and finally UT Law is my last backup. I also will be applying to the Peace Corps. I wouldn't mind traveling abroad for a year or two, especially to far away land, being able to immerse myself in a new language! I won't say which country I'm looking at just yet! Like always, until I know for sure, I don't like to say much!

congrats.

oh crap! Jay C is here.. everybody act like we are behaving ourselves! @lol@

Congrats Lady Jaye.. I graduated last year, and it does feel good to know that you could go get a good job if you wanted to.

However, instead, I opted for more school.. I have been working on my MA for a year, and this fall, I am going to London to study..

so, I am with you on wanting more... if you want more school, do it. Its your life! @lol@

And congrats on all the honors! that is impressive.

Congrats on your accomplishments!!! :) Quite impressive indeed!

Congrats LJ! I am done with school too finally........or so I think. @loll@ I am trying to land a job at the moment myself. Who knows I may go back to school and further my education ummmm nah, career and pay oppertunities. @loll@

Draven

congrats...........now ure going to make more $$$ to spend on toys. btw ure clones are on their way.

Woah, that IS impressive! Congrats! :)

Thanks guys, it's good to share this lil milestone with people you've known over the years! And even though I only know most of you online, it's still good to share! Thanks for the well wishes!!

Yea no matter how old you are, it's never too late to finish getting your degree! And you know, to be a member of the 25-30% of Americans that has one, it feels good!! So go for it!!

I wonder what the percentage is with Masters Degrees??