Custom Cast Green Beret: Falcon

Alyosha

Aly,

I`ve NEVER Told ANYONE to make a custom as I would.

I`m not that sort.Plus also why would I??

Pointing out the beret & the flash (sorry you post title say`s GREEN BERET so I`d have thought a Little ref work would have been done for your OWN Nations SFG,It`s CALLED Respect).

So cause I`ve mentioned on 2 of your customs the camo patterns (never mind the other customs i`ve commented on that were purely full of praise then shall we),I`m singled out as Having it in for you. That it?

An opinion not to your liking means aggression from you??

Haven`t we seen this before somewhere else?

Now for my Apparent 3 paragraphs of negatives. Sorry looked at them & there`s ONLY the first paragraph that has negs.

The 2nd paragraph say`s HOW you got the cast Vested torso by using a ADD ON vest & gluing it to a torso,No neg there.

It`s called FACT.

3rd paragraph compares your`s to Hasbro`s v1 Falcon.That`s all.

4th Paragraph is a compliment on you writting your little essay.

Maybe Actually reading the WHOLE post would help there instead of stuck on a couple of neg points that ARE my views.

As for my being very vocal on peoples customs well that`s a true I do like to comment on peoples work.Also this has helped make MANY friends too via sharing ideas in emails & pms.

Hadn`t realised I was classed as attacking ppls customs. Memory serves I`m usually full of respect for there work (on all boards i goto).

Though well your known for your deluded self gratification arn`t you. Must be hard having someone comment on it with Other than praise.

Hell you started to take a strop purely with the vest issue which WAS politley mentioned by a few here before my post.

Ja

Steel Bonnet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOe- My compressors down right now. It'll be a bit before I finish it.

Steel- It's called you want to pick a fight. You tried to do it subtly, and it came off like it always does...ham-fisted and pretentious. Now go and troll someone else. I'm done with you.

So since steel bonnet provides some actual critique/criticism beside "wow looks awesome" and you take the guy to task over it? C'mon. All of your customs have been nice. But if you want to keep posting these here, don't freak out when someone's opinion is that one of your customs just might not be as perfect or correct as you think. It's a nice ego boost when just about everyone says "looks cool" but you can't honestly want to continue to learn as a customizer without getting some sort of negative feedback.

And people wonder why Alyosha has a reputation... :rolleyes:

Superfly- See the PM in your inbox if you want to start becoming involved in this disagreement. As for my reputation, I'm sure that we can't all be a sterling as I'm sure you perceive yourself to be.

No, no fight. What I said by way of PM was that if your wanted to become involved in this argument, that you should make yourself aware of everything involved. And then I told you a little bit about it. If that's an argument, then I guess I'm guilty.

I find two things stange: First is the timing of all this. Steel is aware that there is a lot riding on the GTG store opening tomorrow for everyone involved, myself included. Now by itself, this isn't alot, but taken that he has not commented on a single custom of mine in about 6 weeks since our last tete-a-tete (where I made my feelings 100% clear to him), I find his attempt to pick a fight with me more than just happen-stancical timing. Without stating that this is what he's done, it is exaclty this kind of thing that he's been known to do. Suspicious, definately. Paranoid, maybe. Strange, positively.

The second thing is your appearance here, Superfly. It seems to me that the only time you pop up in one of my threads is to talk some smack, then leave. If I'm wrong, I'd love for your to pull up the threads to support that, but if I'm right then who needs to grow up? You only popped up in this thread to say your derision, disregarding the initial focus of this thread, then run away to wait until you could do it again. Again, suspicious definately. Paranoid, maybe. Strange, positively.

Oh, one other thing Superlfy. My reputation is what I've made it. It may not be perfect, but I do stand by every single decision that I've made right or wrong since I began posting stuff on the net.

And Steel, for all your posturing, I am not so lack-witted that I cannot read between the lines of your post. The accidental capitalizations, the backhanded insults and thinly veiled hostility. I've made a point to steer clear of your posts since I became aware of the way you are, and I'd appreciate it if you did the same. This is the last thing I have to say in regards to you or your comments.

I would like to point out one other thing. A lot of you guys might not like it, but it is the truth so I feel like I should say it, and moreover let you know where I'm coming from. I don't post my customs on here for critiques most of the time. If I want a crit, I'll add this line "comments, questions, critiques?". I post them so that the guys who enjoy my work will get to see it, and hopefully some other customizers will be inspired by the work I do. I can't think of very many times where I've actually gone back and changed something I've done in regards to someones crit. That doesn't mean that I don't read or listen to the ones that are insightful, well spoken and thought out. Just that when I declare something done enought to post it, I'm happy with the way it looks and where it's at creatively. Again, for the guys who are commenting on the work, THANKS!

Steel is aware that there is a lot riding on the GTG store opening tomorrow for everyone involved, myself included.

Yay! Store is opening tomorrow! I can finally blow all that money at don't have to intend to find! :D

Sadly, I'm very serious about that. . .

ok Al this has nothing to do with GTG i know steel me and him have had are disagrements so i know how he is. he wouldnt be sneaky about something like that.he would just come right out and say it. he just gave you a critique thats it.he tells it how he sees it.

now if you dont want ppl to give critique then you should say that in your post. yes you do great work and its great to see. no one can take that away from you. but if you cant take or want critiques then make sure to let us know. cuse then i wont post on it and wast my time if your just going to say i dont care hes done and thats it.

IMO you should have your web site to just show your work and not get feedback on them. i mean after a while your images arent there anyway. just the post and comments/critiques so maybe it would be better for you and us to have a site just to show your work so we alll can see them at any time with out seeing the feedback good or bad.

when i post my work i want and would like to get as much feedback as i can good or bad. the critiques are what makes me get better at doing them. yes its a pain to go back and fix them but its all part of this hobbie to learn from and how to do things.

this is not an attack on you its just IMO. there is no disrespect inteaded towards you at all. your work is great and nice to see.

thanks X

I don't want to ruffle any feathers by adding my 2 cents, but I am going to anyway. The thing that needs to happen is for a little post, maybe even a sticky one, to have some 'suggestions' for critiquing customs. Alyosha seems to have a set started, perhaps after the con when things calm down for him he will have time to refine this document and share it.

In the meantime, everyone should try to remember how things went when you were in school. The old addage of 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.' comes to mind. This is not to say that critiquing and suggesting changes should not be done. (And by the way, I love to hear the critisisms and suggestions even more than I like to hear 'looks great' for my customs, it helps me get better) This is just to say that everyone's suggestions are only a reflection of their own personal preferences. With customizing there is no right answer. I think just about everyone here would agree that Alyosha is one of the best customizers out there, maybe even the best by popular vote, but that does not actually make him the best. There is no best. I know that sounds like a lot of elementary school teacher self esteem builder talk, but in fact it is truth. Even with the Hasbro figs, I don't personally like a lot of the stuff they are coming up with (except for parts) but some people love it so more power to them and Hasbro.

Like the great and wise Jimmy from Southpark said 'It's like....c cc c come mon. (Hey, it got the bloods and the krypts together and playing nice)

I'm going to make a more obvious attempt to get this back on topic and on a lighter note this time.

Hey! Look! What a great custom Aly did! Let's all go stare at the picture on the first page and marvel! :D

Good thinking Falcon. Anybody know what head/ combo of heads that is? I think it works quite well for Falcon, kind of like a Don Johnson that gained just a little bit of weight. I do think this figure would look great in Cartoon style camo as well (brown base with dark green camo and olive green web gear, accented by bright leaf green beret and scarf)

Well, just like Hasbro, you don't always get what you want. Now I need to get back to writing that essay on how to crit something w/o pissing someone off.

First harsh words are from you Al. As for Steel's comments, they may have been harsh, but i'd rather someone rip one of my customs than just say looks great. You get tons of praise al for your sculpts don't take some critiques so roughly.

G2g should open GREAT! I can't wait till i get my order! I already have a mental list made up i just hope i'm guessing the prices right so i can get it all lol.

Rev- While your right, I did come off harsh first, I took the time to explain myself immediately following. Steel has been carrying on toward me personally for quite some time (mostly private) and I'm not about to let it ride anymore. I do apologize to the general public for putting it here though.

Thanks Al for that it was big of you. i don't know what's going on but i hope you two work it out.

Btw looks like g2g is going GREAT can't wait to see your own section, although i may have spent too much on the main site to buy from you for a bit lol. Don't worry though i was eyeing that bruce lee head you had on ebay.

the key is tact. you can critique a figure and provide suggestions in a way that does not come off as rude, which quite frankly Steel Bonnet did IMO. and this isn't an attack on SB, I believe him if he says he did not mean to.

as a customizer I prefer critical analysis and suggestions more than praise, but if you do not know how to do so in a constructive manner just keep your opinion to yourself.

there is a huge difference between critiquing and criticizing.

Well I`d just like to ask questions to Aly here.

Firstly,

Apart from the crit i pointed out on Falcon & another custom on camo (Anyone who knows me,knows camo is one of those things i pick up on).I`ve NEVER ATTACKED you publicly or Privately So unless your having a MAJOR issue with someone & have ME Confused I`d be carefull there.

Oh Sorry I also asked on the Budo "Why use the Crappy Chunky Hasbro Sword & scabbard,instead of sculpting some yourself"

Whatever the issues where on JC I CAN HONESTLY SAY I SAID NOTHING to ANYONE. Come to think of it I ACTUALLY DIDN`T READ ANY of the POST/POSTS Involved with you being BANNED from JC ( I heard on the grape vine long after it all happened,so Sorry mate Wasn`t Involved in that or any other). So Please don`t try & use me as someone who has an AXE to GRIND. I made some comments & also within my post paid compliment too.

As for this timing of GTG`s Opening. Well first off HOW THE HELL does a crit affect GTG? David know`s I`ve nothing BUT support for the store. That`s been expressed god knows how many times in public & private.

So Unless your trying to switch innocent comments into a BADLY PLACED PR STUNT for you & GTG,I`m TRUELY Lost on this one.

So unless you TRUELY Live in a Self deluded world where you ARE king & are randomly picking names to have Arguments with,I`d take a break & rethink what your saying. I`ve NEVER Pm`d,emailed you before to my recollection.

As X has pointed out IF i have a beef I say it,I`m like that on the puter & In life.

So I`m rather confused on WHY a simple crit of this Green Beret (Which is why I checked it out BTW) has turned into this FULL BLOWN I`m Attacking you situation.

I don`t know you apart from reputation. So I`m rather bewildered.

As for this APPARENTLY Affecting GTG,How ON EARTH did you come up with that???? Oh Yea I have that much sway People will of course follow me,THINK NOT on that Aly.

I`m NOT a deluded sort.

So Unless your trying to turn some simple crit`s into a BADLY Organised PR stunt for GTG & yourself I`m truely LOST on that angle you have used.

Hadn`t realised pointing out things really ruffled your feathers. More to the point WHO the HELL have you got me MIXED up with????

Ja

Steel Bonnet

@bananna@ @bananna@ @bananna@ @bananna@ @bananna@

Seriously, guys, we've gone so long without any locked threads, let's keep it up, alright? I'm honestly running out of things to distract everyone with.

I like you both, i really do, PLEASE contain this to pms, thank you.

and apologize if that sounded mean as i am no mod or anything, just a freindly request.

thanks steel , hope you two work it out.

back to the topic.

will you cast just the scarf? as i like it quite a bit.

I don't post my customs on here for critiques most of the time. If I want a crit, I'll add this line "comments, questions, critiques?".

No offense, Aly, but you can't be serious by this. If you post on a message board, you can pretty much expect the posts that follow to take many forms. I know from my own experience. I post all of my site updates to forums and each board seems to take them in different directions. Not once, though, has a thread gone the way I've wanted it to by producing discussion on the topics I felt were important. Not once in 6 years. That being said, though, I've found that many of the critiques, criticisms and other discussions brought up have had merit and even taught me a few things. Things I would not have learned had the discussions only followed the format I would have laid down.

I post them so that the guys who enjoy my work will get to see it, and hopefully some other customizers will be inspired by the work I do.

There's no harm in that. It's the same reason I post. However, taking offense to someone offering something you don't like/agree with/want to see/etc. is inappropriate for the message board environment. I know a bit of your history with many of my friends but not all of it in regards to everyone. We all have enemies and those who grate our nerves. But, that's what this collecting world has become in its public forums. As such, if you want to show the public, you get the public's reaction: whether it's what you want or not. It's easy to ignore the crap unless it's you who's looking for the fight. ;)

Ok ok let me speak on this!

I just want to say that Aly that custom looks tight my man I totally feel what you are doing homeslice. the amount of time and work that you put in your work allways shows and look great.

So you just keep doing you and let the others do them selves know what I'm sayen!

Hey! Look! What a great custom Aly did! Let's all go stare at the picture on the first page and marvel! :D

That does seem to be what the artist wants, :)

Great stuff, you have a real talent, but sadly, I gotta agree with steel bonnet, the green beret thing was the one good quality about the original figure, heck, I used multiples of it as greenshirts in the field. So if this is gonna be falcon, for me, that has to be clearly evident and when you can look at him and go "Hmm, nice fig, but what country's army is that?"

Of course, I would keep that to myself, but you did say you like to get the hasbro feel to your figs and, well, hasbro made him a green beret.

With that disclaimer, I'll say again, its a great figure and I can't wait to see how it turns out, :)

Good luck with this GTG thing, could it be that I can finally own pro quality customs? Please post a link, I'm gonna do a search after I hit submit, :)