i am a super hero!! TOY JUSTICE!!!!

king kahn

well i work at target part time and today i had to cover someone's break at the service counter. my area doesnt have alot of toy collectors which is great for me here and is why i was shocked when i saw what i saw.

i had heard of what people were doing to the votc figures(opening them and stealing the figure forms and stickers and/or replacing the figure inside). well today i got the double whammy. a guy came in returning a luke in xwing gear and a scout trooper but it was NOT what was in that package nor was there any sticker/form inside. now i had to admit it was REALLY well done since he pretty much pried the corner of that package loose. i really have no idea how he got the figures out but the little bastard did it.

well me being the anal toy freak i am noticed right away(how could you not with the wrong damn figure) so i told him to hold on one sec while i get the tlod(head person in charge that is in the store). he started to get antsy and (with an attitude to boot)"what the hell is taking so long to get my damn refund. what are you, new here?"

oh man that is when i knew i REALLY had to screw him over.

i told him there was a problem and i needed to get the manager. he started to look a bit worried and said "never mind the refund. i'll just take the toys and give them to some kid(oh how sweet of him to think of others) that are less fortunate or something." by this time i had the toys and would not give them back. he got really angry and then demanded them back. i told him not to worry it will be just a little while longer. i almost thought he was gonna leave w/o the toys he was getting so upset and scared

i mean first he had the gaul to try and rip someone off then had the planters peanuts to act snippy. so once the head guy came(i also asked for security or ap as we call it at target). the scalper said i was hastling him and asked what was taking so long. i then explained what the situation was and what the guy was trying to pull. they asked what my proof was. i told them i bought a complete set of the same figures a week before and had just put out a fresh case 2 days ago(when his receipt said he paid for them)and none of them looked like this. i bought up a scout to the front lanes to compare and show them what i was talking about. at this time they would not let the 'suspect' leave.

after he knew he was screwed he kinda confessed and said 'if i just take the figs back can i leave?" the manager said no cause they were now waiting for the police. they are charging him with fraud and theft.....hahah suckers...don't out geek a toy geek, especially one working at a service desk haha

Not to be a dick but I think its a little harsh to have someone arrested over toy swapping. Little to far imo to potentially ruin a life over toys. Of course I don't condone stuff like that but I know stores that just forbid the person to come back in when stuff like that happens.

Draven

Good on you for doing what you did.

What a lot of people don't realise is that people like this and shoplifters are one of the reasons that things are so damn expensive!

Pricing in retail has to allow for the costs of stuff being stolen in particularly. the above situation comes under the same heading.

I work in retail in Australia and theft costs the industry over 2 billion dollars a year.

Imagine what that figure would be in the US

Not to be a dick but I think its a little harsh to have someone arrested over toy swapping. Little to far imo to potentially ruin a life over toys.

Seriously?

What's the point of having consequences to laws? It's not going to ruin his life, it's misdemenor theft. Yea he'll be in trouble, but he should be. Toy swapping is theft. Theft increases prices for honest people.

The only downside is if the guy you got nailed decides he wants to get back at you in some way. But I think you did the right thing. I cannot stand scalpers and thieves and swappers.

well i work at target part time and today i had to cover someone's break at the service counter. my area doesnt have alot of toy collectors which is great for me here and is why i was shocked when i saw what i saw.

i had heard of what people were doing to the votc figures(opening them and stealing the figure forms and stickers and/or replacing the figure inside). well today i got the double whammy. a guy came in returning a luke in xwing gear and a scout trooper but it was NOT what was in that package nor was there any sticker/form inside. now i had to admit it was REALLY well done since he pretty much pried the corner of that package loose. i really have no idea how he got the figures out but the little bastard did it.

well me being the anal toy freak i am noticed right away(how could you not with the wrong damn figure) so i told him to hold on one sec while i get the tlod(head person in charge that is in the store). he started to get antsy and (with an attitude to boot)"what the hell is taking so long to get my damn refund. what are you, new here?"

oh man that is when i knew i REALLY had to screw him over.

i told him there was a problem and i needed to get the manager. he started to look a bit worried and said "never mind the refund. i'll just take the toys and give them to some kid(oh how sweet of him to think of others) that are less fortunate or something." by this time i had the toys and would not give them back. he got really angry and then demanded them back. i told him not to worry it will be just a little while longer. i almost thought he was gonna leave w/o the toys he was getting so upset and scared

i mean first he had the gaul to try and rip someone off then had the planters peanuts to act snippy. so once the head guy came(i also asked for security or ap as we call it at target). the scalper said i was hastling him and asked what was taking so long. i then explained what the situation was and what the guy was trying to pull. they asked what my proof was. i told them i bought a complete set of the same figures a week before and had just put out a fresh case 2 days ago(when his receipt said he paid for them)and none of them looked like this. i bought up a scout to the front lanes to compare and show them what i was talking about. at this time they would not let the 'suspect' leave.

after he knew he was screwed he kinda confessed and said 'if i just take the figs back can i leave?" the manager said no cause they were now waiting for the police. they are charging him with fraud and theft.....hahah suckers...don't out geek a toy geek, especially one working at a service desk haha

Man I would have just left, but that is no way to impress the guest. Also hope thy guy learned his lesson.

so whats happened to em?.. Personaly I dout he will get jail time or anything like that , if anything just told not to screw around again and maybe a small fine .... I'd watch it though this guy maybe coming for you :P if anytthing with a b rick through you're car windshield :P