Kir Kanos & Mystery Figure

mangacollector

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=9528

"THe long-rumored Kir Kanos figure from the Dark Horse comic book series Crimson Empire has been officially revealed. The latest catalog from Entertainment Earth has a full-page on this exclsuive, which will come packaged with a "mystery figure" and is priced at $19.99 for the two-pack. In a related story, Jordan Brown alerts us to the latest update on StarWars.com, which shows a listing for the set, due September 1st. Best of all, theres a small image of Kir Kanos! So what's the mystery figure? According to the rumor mill, it will be Carnor Jax...Kir Kanos' nemesis from the first series. "

these 2 figures should go well with that black stormtrooper

Well kind of disappointing as it's just the rots red guard but now with a smaller soft goods cape.

Damn, first you b*tch about the Lucas Stormtrooper figure and now this one. Well, I think it's cool and from the looks of the pic the helmet should be removeable. I'm defintely getting a set!

This is awesome news!! I suspect that the "mystery" figure would indeed be Karnor Jax; a simple reversal of color-scheme(possibly a helmet variation,too)would make for an easy(and logical)variation.The price is a bit steep, however, these are very cool character choices so I suppose I'll just have to bite-the-bullet. Damn, now I wish I had ordered the black-stormtroopers; hope that it's not too late!

Well kind of disappointing as it's just the rots red guard but now with a smaller soft goods cape.

Damn, first you b*tch about the Lucas Stormtrooper figure and now this one. Well, I think it's cool and from the looks of the pic the helmet should be removeable. I'm defintely getting a set!

Why shouldn't I? What are you the forum gestapo? First I only said I'm disappointed, last I checked that isn't "bitching", but of course I'll #$## about the Lucas stormtrooper, the thing sucks, and he's laughing at all you star wars fans for buying $50 worth of figures that look better packaged (which is why I think the figures have a premium price of $10 as opposed to $6 for regular figures) and then he makes you open them all and chop up the packaging, just to get a figure you already have (outdated by 5 years) just so you can get his ugly face. Hell I'm laughing at you too!

That is, only if you get the mailaway form before someone swipes it out of the packaging so they can sell the lame figure on eBay to even lamer people who will pay over $30+ for a figure that is in essence a frankensteined piece of junk.

BTW if the helmet is removable that makes it worth it. I just reread that trade not too long ago, and it's awesome. Probably the best of the Darkhorse stuff. We need an updated Mara Jade, as long as hasbro doesn't skimp on articulation.

Is that what Kanos looked like? For some reason the face sculpt looks a little off. But maybe I can't remember it so well. Almost like a hasbro employee, I know they model Joe heads off of them ;)

The mystery figure is definitely Han Solo, I don't think that outline could be anyone else.

Thanks for the scan.

after looking at the picture again, you can tell that the gloves are a different sculpt than the rots royal guards...

it makes me wonder, maybe they've went ahead and resculpted the arms entirely, possibly using a ball joint elbow instead of the swivel. if that's the case, then holy mother of god, i'll be buying these up like a maniac.

Did these ever ship? I ordered mine back in april and my order is still just sitting there on the starwarsshop.

They ship on August 1st, but when they were first listed they sold out in about 2 to 3 weeks time. Kir Kanos and the mystery figure are already marked as unavailable at this time at starwarsshop.com.

Man, hasbro is finally wake up to more EU figures now just not SW figures that we see in the movies. Kir Kanos is one of my favorite character in the Star Wars EU series, and I have read the Crimson Empire series so many times now. I can't not wait to order this figure at EE soon.