Was Anyone Else Disappointed with X-Men 3?

DarthJoe

Yeah, thinking about it as much as I dont really like Cyclops, it wasn't the same without him. I wouldnt mind so much if he died a bit later into the film, but at least give him a heroic death, and at least show him in a good light for a change.

I never thought I'd say it, but it'd be cool to see him back in the next film if they make one...which they probably will.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could, of course, bring Scott back even if he did die. I've been thinking about it though and it really isn't clear that he did die. The other characters including Jean certainly think he's dead, but they did not show his body disintigrating they way they did when Phoenix killed other people. That maybe to create some uncertainty so Jean as more of a shock when she realizes what she did, however it's also possible she did something else to him. Teleported him somewhere or something. Xavier did say she could do anything at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he is alive.

This movie was KickA$$... I dont' know why you guys are complaining...even if it wasn't comic accurate, it was a hell of a ride.....

I did notice that they changed the kitty from xmen to a different one on xmenIII.

The ending showed that magneto was getting his powers back...& that xavier was conscious again in that body in the hospital...

So I do think they will make another xmen mov, probably with sentinals & apocalypse...

So I really cant trash this movie...cause it was good...

Better than F4, better than ... Hulk?...

& we are still getting Ghostrider next yr... I liked the previews...man,.. who knows what's next?

Oh, & the blade series on Spike channel ;)

This movie was KickA$$... I dont' know why you guys are complaining...even if it wasn't comic accurate, it was a hell of a ride.....

I did notice that they changed the kitty from xmen to a different one on xmenIII.

The ending showed that magneto was getting his powers back...& that xavier was conscious again in that body in the hospital...

So I do think they will make another xmen mov, probably with sentinals & apocalypse...

So I really cant trash this movie...cause it was good...

Better than F4, better than ... Hulk?...

& we are still getting Ghostrider next yr... I liked the previews...man,.. who knows what's next?

Oh, & the blade series on Spike channel ;)

Because it was pretty much all flash and no substance. The first 2 had strong stories behind

them, even though they lacked as much action as X3. Like I said I personally enjoyed the action but the overall story was weak and many characters seem to be introduced just for the

sake of it (like MK;Annihilation).

If they decided to make an X4 and put both Sentinels and Apocalypse (which I doubt) that would require a better story and more explaining. X3 had a decent story but it was far to rushed, had they took alittle bit more time and focused on more characters other than Storm and Wolverine it could have been much better.

Technically they could have had Sinister in X3, just have him be the one that manipulates Jean in using her powers, throw the real Morlocks in and the story would have been great.

Technically they could have had Sinister in X3, just have him be the one that manipulates Jean in using her powers, throw the real Morlocks in and the story would have been great.

Now that would have made the movie far more interesting.

Cyclops went out like a punk. The leader of the X-Men deserved a better death. He didn't even die on screen. Besides, none of the other characters seemed to give a crap that he might be dead.

Did I see Psylocke phase through a wall near the end? That is Psylocke. She was in the credits.

Magneto's "Brotherhood" seemed more like a faceless band of bums dressed in black. The movie had so many opportunities to make us fans happy with some cameos in the Brotherhood. It seemed like most of the group in the last battle didn't even have any mutant powers at all. A whole group of them did jump really high though.

The team should have been named "Wolverine and Storm AND the X-Men." The other members seemed nothing more than minor characters. There was all this hype about Angel, but he is only in the movie briefly. And the original five are never seen together.

Oh, and I can complain because I'm a big geek who waited 3 years and paid $10 for this movie.

I think it would have been a nice touch had they establisbed that Beast Jean and Scott had been teammates and then have Beast show more concern for the demise of them, they indicated Beast once wore a x-men uniform but never established who were his fellow teammates.

does anyone else feel it would have been a lot better if Scott had to kill Pheniox not logan

I mean they were in love the first 2 movies and for scott to kill her would have played out much better

Another thing Scott should have been leading the X-Men and taking out mutants left and right

He has such a cool power and in the Phenoix saga it should have been his time to shine

Even Bryan Singer said he wish he used Cyclops more and he planned n using him a lot more in X3

I think it's funny that in other threads some people are saying stuff like "if you didn't like this movie, you don't like comics" and "you don't like how they changed the story, well too bad". As if it's not my right to dislike what I don't like. That's the kind of thing a ##$%$#ed 5 year-old says.

@lol@

Amen to that.

does anyone else feel it would have been a lot better if Scott had to kill Pheniox not logan

I mean they were in love the first 2 movies and for scott to kill her would have played out much better

Another thing Scott should have been leading the X-Men and taking out mutants left and right

He has such a cool power and in the Phenoix saga it should have been his time to shine

Even Bryan Singer said he wish he used Cyclops more and he planned n using him a lot more in X3

Yes, I agree it would have played out better. But I will say this again (and it feels the 1000th time I've had to say this)...James Mardsen left w/ Singer to do Superman Returns. both of these movies filmed simultaneously....Fox had to practically beg him to come back to shoot for a couple of days just so they could find some way to write him off. If they didn't do that, it would have been another Nightcrawler situation. Frankly, I don't think Mardsen is all that bright....he left the X-men franchise to go play an even lesser role in Superman. I could understand that he may have been annoyed by lack of screen time in X1 and X2...but he will be one-and-done in the Superman franchise (here's a hint...I think Lois Lane will end up w/ Superman and not stay w/ Mardsen's character. Just a hunch @hmmm@) . If he was so mad about his lack of face-time, why is he so loyal to Singer, too?

I guess my point here is I have no idea why it seems everybody is assuming that because Cyke was killed off quickly it was because that was how the part was written. I can almost gurantee they had to rewrite that part when he jumped ship. I have some problems w/ this movie just like everyone else, but don't pin this one on anybody but Mardsen...

i was thinkin and i read a lot of people complain that jean didnt show any remorse for killing her husband or angry because she "joined" magneto....

well when i watched it i only saw the Jean Gray we knew from x1 and x2 for a very few moments, the first is when she breaks free for a few minutes when she is with logan in the infermory and beggs him to kill her, there is where she is just destroyed at the thought that she killed her husband. The second was at the end when wolverine killed her...now i took it like this, in x2 it was Jean the whole time with those few moments where a greater power, the phoenix was channeled, and in x3 it was the phoenix the whole time except a few moments where Jean was able to break free for a moment, it was completely obvious when she would change, o yeah and jean did not join magneto, the phoenix did and i beleive it was in because she was all about new sensations and destroying things and with magneto she knew there would be plenty of oppertunity for that....idk just my 2 cents

I think it would have been a nice touch had they establisbed that Beast Jean and Scott had been teammates and then have Beast show more concern for the demise of them, they indicated Beast once wore a x-men uniform but never established who were his fellow teammates.

Well its assumed that they all did serve together, especially since Scott and Jean were

Xaviers first students, therefore Beast would have had to serve with them both, and Strom as well.

i was thinkin and i read a lot of people complain that jean didnt show any remorse for killing her husband or angry because she "joined" magneto....

well when i watched it i only saw the Jean Gray we knew from x1 and x2 for a very few moments, the first is when she breaks free for a few minutes when she is with logan in the infermory and beggs him to kill her, there is where she is just destroyed at the thought that she killed her husband. The second was at the end when wolverine killed her...now i took it like this, in x2 it was Jean the whole time with those few moments where a greater power, the phoenix was channeled, and in x3 it was the phoenix the whole time except a few moments where Jean was able to break free for a moment, it was completely obvious when she would change, o yeah and jean did not join magneto, the phoenix did and i beleive it was in because she was all about new sensations and destroying things and with magneto she knew there would be plenty of oppertunity for that....idk just my 2 cents

The main problem I had was the simple fact that it was never established just how much of a hold Phoenix had on Jean, there was never much of a conflict of duality. True its Jean that wants Wolverine to kill her, but afterwards its nothing but the Phoenix persona, Jean never fights to control this nature everything appears to be ignored, even Xavier tells her don't let it control you, one would think she would call this to mind in the last scenes of the film, but it never happened and it took Wolverine to kill her after saying he loved her-(Which is were Cyclops character was severly cheated)

Phoenix may have joined Magneto, but there was no real reason why she joined him, its not as if she needed him or the brotherhood. Phoenix motivations are non-existent. There was no real conflict within Jean and no remorse or reflection in killing both her lover and the man that has been her mentor her entire life. Its like they abandoned the whole Phoenix sub-plot and focused more on the cure sub-plot. The movie was not long enough to do the Phoenix story any real jusitce, therefore they should have either focused the entire film on the Phoenix story and make it a longer film OR make one more film X4 to flesh out the story.

The whole story/movie lacked because it was rushed, the story was sacrificed for the sake of action, and 3 main characters killed for

no reason whatsoever. The story itself had so much potential to and could have been alot better than it was. I've seen comedies

that lasted longer than X3, which should have been called X3: Rushed or X3:Rush Hour.

Yes, I agree it would have played out better. But I will say this again (and it feels the 1000th time I've had to say this)...James Mardsen left w/ Singer to do Superman Returns. both of these movies filmed simultaneously....Fox had to practically beg him to come back to shoot for a couple of days just so they could find some way to write him off. If they didn't do that, it would have been another Nightcrawler situation. Frankly, I don't think Mardsen is all that bright....he left the X-men franchise to go play an even lesser role in Superman. I could understand that he may have been annoyed by lack of screen time in X1 and X2...but he will be one-and-done in the Superman franchise (here's a hint...I think Lois Lane will end up w/ Superman and not stay w/ Mardsen's character. Just a hunch @hmmm@) . If he was so mad about his lack of face-time, why is he so loyal to Singer, too?

I guess my point here is I have no idea why it seems everybody is assuming that because Cyke was killed off quickly it was because that was how the part was written. I can almost gurantee they had to rewrite that part when he jumped ship. I have some problems w/ this movie just like everyone else, but don't pin this one on anybody but Mardsen...

Well said!

I liked the Movie yet agree with every body about the movie being rushed. It almost reminded me of the first Star Wars Movie Episode 1. That movie to me looked like it had a rush job don to it. I keep waiting for them to come out with a DVD to the movie with added scenes the left out the first one.

As for them making a 4th movie, I just can't see any one reason for them to make a 4th movie. There is no reason for them to make a movie with Sinister in it, if Jean and Scott are gone. The only thing they could do know is make a movie about Apocalypse in it. I kept thinking all threw the movie that the kid that had the cure was Apocalypse. If the put Time traveling Cable in it they could even find a loop hole to bring Scott, Jean, and Xavier back.

I wish they could have don more with the Sentinels. It was really ticked when I saw them in the commercial, yet when I went and saw the movie the where only in the first five minutes of the movie. If you can really call what you saw of them being in the movie.

I tried supressing my expectations so it came out ok for me.

Some scenes were just too damn funny... like "Iam the Juggernaut Bt42$ and the sort. hahaha

But yeah, it was ok. 3 out of 5 for me. @can@

As for them making a 4th movie, I just can't see any one reason for them to make a 4th movie. There is no reason for them to make a movie with Sinister in it, if Jean and Scott are gone. The only thing they could do know is make a movie about Apocalypse in it. I kept thinking all threw the movie that the kid that had the cure was Apocalypse. If the put Time traveling Cable in it they could even find a loop hole to bring Scott, Jean, and Xavier back.

Now this is the best idea I have heard in two days.

The movie was so dissapointing. Way too many story lines going on that it was just bad. The phoenix plot and the cure could have been in separate movies, neither was built up enough in this movie to be at all effective. Scott's death was so bad. None of the characters even acknowledge it till half way through the movie. Could have been so much better. No one had much screen time and yet they tried to introduce so many characters and build them up, but failed miserably in doing so. Did Colossus even talk during the movie?

The movie was so dissapointing. Way too many story lines going on that it was just bad. The phoenix plot and the cure could have been in separate movies, neither was built up enough in this movie to be at all effective. Scott's death was so bad. None of the characters even acknowledge it till half way through the movie. Could have been so much better. No one had much screen time and yet they tried to introduce so many characters and build them up, but failed miserably in doing so. Did Colossus even talk during the movie?

Yup - Colossus had a line. No Russian accent, so I envy you for being spared that.

I had forgot that Marsdan jumped ship to Superman as well. I thought that they got rid of Cyclops early so that the "star" of the movie: Wolverine : would have to save the day.

I found the movie ok. I have no urge to see it again soon. I think they missed opportunities to bring more of the established characters to the big screen in favor of Blowfish man and the Goths. Would it really change the story to replace ugly chick mutant (arclight?) with Avalanche?As well as little touches like adding the firey bird behind Phoenix.

How cool would it have been for Hank to use his clout to make a plea to international mutants for assistance and have Banshee, Sunfire, Psylocke etc. show up for the finale?

I could see them doing something with Proteus if they focus on Muir Island. I'd like to see Apocalypse with Sinister joined by a weakened Magneto. Since we have Angel, he could become Arcangel and Mags could switch sides to defeat Apoc at the end. Gambit could replace Wolverine if the studio decides to avoid over-exposing the character with two films( solo and team)

Ugh. Where to begin?

Hated:

-Halle Berry's ego making Storm the top X-Man (Every time she made a speech I wanted to throw something at the screen, luckily it was a employee preview(I work for a theatre, but I legally can't say what company) and the way she took out Callisto was stupid

-Cyclops dying; If James Marsters wasn't able to do the movie in favor of Superman (which looks awsome, btw) than recast the role or have him come in at the end, don't kill him off camera!

-Juggernaut; Why was he british, and a mutant, and no longer mad with Xavier

-Magneto being beaten so easily

-Rouge's lack of purpose; Why even have her in the movie, it's obvious that the all mighty oscar ego wanted more screen time

-Phoenix; What, now Jean is just nuts

-Calliso; When was she a speedster

-bad CGI

-lack of research in the source material

Liked:

-Beast; actually close to the character

-Danger Room