DC Superheroes

Flying_Infant

I remember seeing pics of a wave that had things like darkside with a cloth outfit , and superman with cloth cape and batman as well... & I was sure it was for this lineup :S

It allso had pictures of batgirl and some others as well... anyone ? :(

slao, actaully there is one in " the batman" line up, the "camo" batman or whatever it is comes with a green hooded cape made of cloth But yea other than that I have not seen many in a while my self too

I'll be getting all of them.

Mr. Freeze - more articulation than the one I have. Also, favourite Batman villian.

Robin - don't have a Robin figure yet.

Batman - articuation different from the previous one, similar to the original one that had very little articualtion. Also kind of liking the different belt.

Azreal - looks amazing and will probably be wanting it more once I'm done reading Knightfall.

I only wish a company like Mattel would even think about giving these figures cloth capes. I can't even remember the last action figure that actually came with a cloth cape.

I actually like cloth capes. Most of the time rubber capes has a more dynamic look but I usually like to display my figures in different poses.

Like if i'm hangin my Batman like this:

room6.jpg

rubber capes wont look too good.

And since we'r pretty sure Mattel has plans for more than one Bats and SUpes i dont think a few Bats or SUpes with cloth capes will hurt.

Oh, don't get me wrong, i love cloth capes on figures, that is the way it should be. I've never been fond of seeing DC or Marvel figures with plastic capes, they are just incompatible for "playability." Just imagine how great these figures would have been if they were given cloth capes...it is really a shame@grumpy@

My only question about the Batman is I thought Series 3 was a battle damaged Batman and this figure doesn't look battle damaged.

PJ

As far as I am concerned, they should just stick with the Batman shown, i've never cared for "battle damaged" figures. Plus, a normal, good Batman figure is what we need.

What happened to the figures with the cloth capes I thought we were getting some :S

I only wish a company like Mattel would even think about giving these figures cloth capes. I can't even remember the last action figure that actually came with a cloth cape.

Yeah I'm just wondering if this will actually be the series 3 Batman, because it was supposed to be a battle damaged Batman...And I thought Boy Wonder had said the Batman pictured wouldn't be until Seies 5 or 6. So I'm hoping we actually get this Batman in series 3. And Mattel did give Batman cloth capes in the 6" Batman line theat premeired in 2004. Those figures all had cloth capes ( SDCC 2004 SA Batman, Zipline, Bat-Signal, Attack Armor Batman etc.)

PJ

Yup.Mattel used to give the figures cloth capes but Starting from DCSH, Mattel seem to be usin rubber capes. Not sure if we'll be getting some cloth cape variants of Batman,Superman,Supergirl etc.

That Azreal figure is a must for me.

I might get that Batman figure, but I'd have prefered it to have been his black & grey costume instead (hint, hint Mattel ;) ).

I'm curious to find out which figure will be one per case.

I think it should be that Robin figure since it's identical to the old one (except for removing the frosted highlights in his hair & added blackwash), but knowing how utterly stupid Mattel has proven to be in the past I wouldn't be suprised to see that Azreal figure be one per case. @grumpy@

I might get that Batman figure, but I'd have prefered it to have been his black & grey costume instead (hint, hint Mattel ;) ).

I think it should be that Robin figure since it's identical to the old one (except for removing the frosted highlights in his hair & added blackwash), but knowing how utterly stupid Mattel has proven to be in the past I wouldn't be suprised to see that Azreal figure be one per case. @grumpy@

According to the listings at AFX, Azrael and Mr. Freeze will both be one per case but even that statement doesn't specify how rare Azrael will be. Robin and Lex Luthor will be 1 per case for the so-called series 4 assortment but Robin won't really be that rare because he'll be 2 per case in the prior series. Next, Darkseid and Lex Luthor again are 1 per case. Lastly, Bizarro and Doomsday will return 1 per case in the assortment with variant Supergirl. So it looks like Azrael, Darkseid, and variant Supergirl will be the most scarce Mattel DC Superheroes all things considered.

Thanks for the info OH. If that listing doesn't change then there will be tons of Robins on the pegs. @grumpy@

When will Mattel pull their heads out of their *****? If what you stated doesn't change and comes to pass then not only will Azreal be next to impossible to find, but so will Darkseid.

More brillaint case ratios, way to go Mattel @cussing@

Robin has a cloth cape.

And honestly I really hate cloth capes. Or cloth anything. Why not give them fabric hair too? Cloth capes start to deteriorate and fringe. Action figures made of plastic should be completely plastic.

Robin has a cloth cape.

And honestly I really hate cloth capes. Or cloth anything. Why not give them fabric hair too? Cloth capes start to deteriorate and fringe. Action figures made of plastic should be completely plastic.

Back when Kenner made the Batman figures from the movies and cartoons, i NEVER had a problem with those cloth capes. To this day, none of the capes i own are fringed nor are they falling apart. If i had a choice, i'd still go with cloth capes, the stiffness of the plastic capes is just a let down to me at least. Fabric hair is a bit much though, only girls would want that :rolleyes:

According to the listings at AFX, Azrael and Mr. Freeze will both be one per case but even that statement doesn't specify how rare Azrael will be. Robin and Lex Luthor will be 1 per case for the so-called series 4 assortment but Robin won't really be that rare because he'll be 2 per case in the prior series. Next, Darkseid and Lex Luthor again are 1 per case. Lastly, Bizarro and Doomsday will return 1 per case in the assortment with variant Supergirl. So it looks like Azrael, Darkseid, and variant Supergirl will be the most scarce Mattel DC Superheroes all things considered.

If Robin, Freeze and Azrael are one per case... Batman is 3 per case???? wtf?

C'mon skips, don't you remember MOTU? ;)

What was it Mattel said? 'Secondary characters are just that, secondary....and will be packed accordingly' @dunce@

rob is two per case, but will be one per case in the next wave

Yeah, that's correct. Shockingly, Battle Damage Batman will be 4 per case for series 3.

Yeah, that's correct. Shockingly, Battle Damage Batman will be 4 per case for series 3.

Now that is messed up.

C'mon skips, don't you remember MOTU? ;)

What was it Mattel said? 'Secondary characters are just that, secondary....and will be packed accordingly' @dunce@

True... How can we forget. lol

Now that is messed up.

BigBadToyStore even adjusted their prices for sets of series 3 and 4 as soon as the ratios were revealed. I pre-ordered back in December 2005 when they cost $38.99 US each. Now, they're both $41.99 US.

Well, from what I was told Batman won't be Battle Damaged. He was switched for a future assortment. The Batman figure will be the one that was shown at Toy Fair and pictured on the main page.

As for the case breakdown AFX doesn't know for sure as they state the case "May" include...

"Case of eight (8) may include 4 x Batman Battle Damage, 1 x Azrael, 2 x Robin, and 1 x Mr Freeze. Subject to change without notice."

PJ

I bought the series 2 Superman set and they look great but that's about it . The leg design sucks , Supermans legs just keep spreading open until he falls over . The articulation at the hip should have been ball jointed and not hindged . Right now I'v got a clear rubber band around his ankles just so he'll stand .

I have to wonder, is there perhaps some legal reason that they're not giving ball-jointed hips? Does Toybiz have some kinda ownership of the technology (for lack of a better word) that is used for it, or is Mattel just stupid? (Or both perhaps?)

I actually like cloth capes. Most of the time rubber capes has a more dynamic look but I usually like to display my figures in different poses.

Like if i'm hangin my Batman like this:

room6.jpg

rubber capes wont look too good.

And since we'r pretty sure Mattel has plans for more than one Bats and SUpes i dont think a few Bats or SUpes with cloth capes will hurt.

@lol@

if that were a Marvel Legends figure, he could actually look like he was haning...

oh.. as for capes, I actually prefer plastic.. with the recent materials Toybiz has been using, they are very flexible, and still look great.

as for the hips.. Mattel is just dumb