Seeing X3 at midnight tonight?

biglebowski9999

not me. i have to work tomorrow. i sit in front of a computer 10 hours a day. that's boring as it is. i will probably doze off, and the boss already warned me about doing that. darn king kong! @grumpy@

You're a security guard? @hmmm@

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it has no advanced showings around my area which sucks cause i was hoping to see it tonight!! @grumpy@ but i gotta wait until tomorrow, but i have the whole day off so i should be able to see it twice in one day!! :P

it has no advanced showings around my area which sucks cause i was hoping to see it tonight!! @grumpy@ but i gotta wait until tomorrow, but i have the whole day off so i should be able to see it twice in one day!! :P

I'm off too... too bad that wifey wont let me go tonite cause of my kids.... dam.. I know they would fall asleep... @hmmm@

I didn't win tickets, I did win a signed Phoenix Poster. And I got a X3 poster signed by Screenwriters Zak Penn & Simon Kinberg.

I didn't win tickets, I did win a signed Phoenix Poster. And I got a X3 poster signed by Screenwriters Zak Penn & Simon Kinberg.

At the theater?

Just got back...it's awesome!!

Really? I thought it was mediocre ... at best. There was some nice things to be sure, but there's a lot of stuff in this movie that could have been done better had the filmakers been givin more time to work.

holy...mother...of...god, this movie was so god dang awesome

I mean jesus christ it was freaking perfect

such a great comic book movie, the first true X-MEN movie.. I only wish the first two were 1/2 as good

that last part after the credits.. man..what a GREAT scene to put after the credits instead of some silly scene

Just read a bunch of posts over at superhero hype on X3 and it appears that the general consensus just didn't feel it held a candle to the other two with a few preferring it over the first two, and some downright hating it. As stated though, the general consensus seems to think it just wasn’t as in depth and intelligent as the first two, but they didn’t hate it, they just didn’t think it was even close to as good. Seems everyone loves the action scenes, but that’s just it, the complains seem to be that it’s basically just action and action alone with little to no depth and character development.

If this is true in my opinion, as I'm seeing it sometime today, I'll be very sad as I think some of the best scenes in the first two films wern't even action scenes. Sure Ratner threw in comic things we've all been wanting to see, but honestly, I'd rather have a better story minus the danger room and the fast ball special then nothing more then eyecandy. Eyecandy get's old.

those people are just uptight who don't want to see a "Fun" comic book movie.. so it makes me wonder why they like X-Men in the first place

the action isn't just "eye candy" it's an experience

no character development.. wow.. that's the LAST thing I'd say about this movie..totally

those people are just uptight who don't want to see a "Fun" comic book movie.. so it makes me wonder why they like X-Men in the first place

the action isn't just "eye candy" it's an experience

no character development.. wow.. that's the LAST thing I'd say about this movie..totally

Well the thing is, I FIND a fun movie to be intellectually stimulating or at least to have a story that can be interoperated into a moral or such. Action isn’t the only thing that’s fun! The Xmen are not wrestlers, the comic are not nothing but fighting! There is depth there, there is an underlying message in it, the big fight scenes are just fluff to the story, which is tolerance.

it wasn't all action

the action parts were perfect and left you wanting more

everything else was comic book bliss

for whatever reason, tons of people are trying to over nitpick this movie when it's the only of the three to truly capture the essence of the comic book. You can't please everyone I guess, I'm just glad this time they pleased me.

It was without a doubt, a perfect comic book/X-Men movie, more than makes up for the last two.

Just got back...it's awesome!!

Really? I thought it was mediocre ... at best. There was some nice things to be sure, but there's a lot of stuff in this movie that could have been done better had the filmakers been givin more time to work.

My only complaint was that it was too short. Some things seemed rushed. I thought all of the action scenes were done very well and were exciting. Nothing is perfect but this is far from the disaster that everyone thought it would be a year ago.

it wasn't all action

the action parts were perfect and left you wanting more

everything else was comic book bliss

for whatever reason, tons of people are trying to over nitpick this movie when it's the only of the three to truly capture the essence of the comic book. You can't please everyone I guess, I'm just glad this time they pleased me.

It was without a doubt, a perfect comic book/X-Men movie, more than makes up for the last two.

I agree with you. This was the best "comic-book" movie for the three X-Men flicks! The X-Men movies do not have to be "intelligent", but yet it should not be dumbed down. You can tell the difference between X1 & 2 and X-Men three. I could not believe some of the scenes, and some of the "endings" with the characters. I LOVED the part with Wolvy towards the end of the movie. The movie was just plan AWESOME!!!! And remember all of you who think it's a bad movie, it is only a movie. You cannot satisfy everyone with EVERY scene in the movie.

Well my opinion on the Movie is as follows.

I thought it was the best of them all. I have been reading X-men Comics for years now and though its not perfect it in my opinion captures the comics better than the other two movies. just by the added little things ie. fastball special, quotes from beast, iceman being all ice, down to the way jean dies as that secne has been depicted in the comics before. i can name more little things that i noticed. now the movie did have some flaws ie juggernauts powerloss when he was close to leech, leech not having green skin and talking in the first person, callisto's mutant abilities were pretty off.

None of the other xmen movies has really come close to little details. the movie did feel a little rushed, i would of liked for it to have been longer. but the little details to me made the movie better than the others. it had great comedy relief. it was very enjoyable.

the Movie had plenty of character development in my opinion just by the little things. its not oscar award winning character development but its better than nothing. you have so many characters its impossible to develope each person. if they keep the saga going they can develop them more.

i hope the box office sales are high enough to make them rethink about making this the last movie. i remember kelsey grammer signing on for 2 movies as well as vinnie jones. they certainly did leave it open for a 4th installment. there is so much history that can be touched on. realistically the movie cannot be just like the comics and i would prefer this type of xmen if it means we get xmen movies.

LET THERE BE X-Men 4!!!!

At the theater?

Local Comic shop, Golden Apple were raffling away 5 pairs of tickets to a 7:30 showing last night. I'm gonna see it today though.

Lst night someone asked the screenwriters if what we got in the movie was all of the filming, they said no the studio had them cut out some fighting in the last battle, and some parts of scene's in the whole movie, so the movie is alittle longer and will have the extra minutes on DVD. The screenwriters even agreed that the movie was too short, but the studio had them make it that short.

They also said they're not write the scirpt for Wolverine's movie, but will if they get called for it. And Wolverine's movie will be darker and Rated R.

I saw it last night, I really enjoyed it, but I gotas say that I didn't think it was as good as the firat two, but still a good film. You can really see the difference in director straight away, and it was definitly the action pieces that made the film. The parts that introduced the new characters and the build up of the mutant/human tension I think could've had a more dramatic unravelling, and did think it was abit of a wolverine fest in some points (He has his spin off! - give some other characters a chance!) but was absolutely blown away by the twists.

Overall, not in the same light as the first two, and abit of a rushed ending, but still an enjoyable film.

Plus Rebecca Romajn.

Saw it @ midnight last night & loved it. I thought Xavier was a little out of character towards Wolverine, and Cyclops should not have died (never developed the character), but otherwise, I was happy.

They set up for Sentinels & Apocalypse IMO...

Oh, the funny thing is that we have a RAVE theatre here in LR (amazing facility), and they had 3 theatres sitting over 400 people last night. You could hear a resounding geek-out when everyone stayed for after the credits to watch the extra scene... @loll@

Saw it @ midnight last night & loved it. I thought Xavier was a little out of character towards Wolverine, and Cyclops should not have died (never developed the character), but otherwise, I was happy.

Oh, the funny thing is that we have a RAVE theatre here in LR (amazing facility), and they had 3 theatres sitting over 400 people last night. You could hear a resounding geek-out when everyone stayed for after the credits to watch the extra scene... @loll@

I really wish Casimir and others didn't post right off the bat about there being no character development in this movie. Now I guess it seems to be the "Cool" thing among the youngins to say the same thing.

It was ok but the weakest of the 3. If you just liked fighting an mutants using their powers it was good, story wise and character develpoment it was lacking. My biggest complaint

SPOILERS

I did not like how they had Jean kill Scott and Prof X. Cyclops was basically an afterthought.

It was ok but the weakest of the 3. If you just liked fighting an mutants using their powers it was good, story wise and character develpoment it was lacking. My biggest complaint

SPOILERS

I did not like how they had Jean kill Scott and Prof X. Cyclops was basically an afterthought.

Spoilers

Exactly They just barley mention scott throughout the movie,Noone cries for him they dont even mention him until the end.And by the way there was absolutley no character development

O yeah we really got into angels character what was he in the movie for like 3 seconds

Juggernut was probally the worst villian in any superhero movie(He looked like a cock)then you have that random girl whos fast and you really get into that character(not)

Beast is barley developted and you dont even get the sense that he wants to be turned back to a human which the whole movie should be about

The movie started out with the best scene in the Dangerroom and the sentinal

I was watyching the first episode of the Fox Animated series and just relized how good this movie could have been with just the sentinals as the main villian

And how come no mention of Nightcrawler

There were to many plots that there was just no develpment of any character its extremly sad because this movie would have rocked if Bryan Singer Was directing

I really wish Casimir and others didn't post right off the bat about there being no character development in this movie. Now I guess it seems to be the "Cool" thing among the youngins to say the same thing.

Didn't even read the other posts on this topic. I saw the title, went to the second page, clicked add reply, logged in, and wrote that.

Just wanting to clarify this is my voice and not looking to other postings for self-esteem.