Seeing X3 at midnight tonight?

biglebowski9999

i missed the extra scene after the credits, what happened?

SPOILER ALERT

Moria MacTaggert walks into the patient's room shown earlier in the film when Xavier is conversing with Kitty Pryde about Einstein and ethics (remember he then shows the video of Moira and her explanation about the ability of a mutant to leave a body and overtake another one).

Moira is checking up on the patient when all of a sudden you hear Xavier's voice state, "Hello, Moira." She is stunned and then after about 10 seconds in awe she says, "Charles?" It then goes black.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed the extra scene after the credits, what happened?

SPOILER ALERT

Moria MacTaggert walks into the patient's room shown earlier in the film when Xavier is conversing with Kitty Pryde about Einstein and ethics (remember he then shows the video of Moira and her explanation about the ability of a mutant to leave a body and overtake another one).

Moira is checking up on the patient when all of a sudden you hear Xavier's voice state, "Hello, Moira." She is stunned and then after about 10 seconds in awe she says, "Charles?" It then goes black.

I felt this scene was one of the bests and its a shame half the theatre was gone when it happened and probally 3/4ths of the peopple seeing this movie wont see it

Why are people so attached to the first two?

What was that you all liked about the first two so much? The first two were, especially the first were very boring and had nothing to do with the comics practically. Maybe it's just loyalty I guess

the first two had better stories and played out better. When Jean died at the end of 2 and the scene were Logan stops Scott from leaving the jet, I had tears in my eyes. This movie

Spoilers

they manage to kill off two of the biggest X Characters for basically nothing. By Jean Grey. And with Scott it was like no one even cared he was dead. Jean has feelings for Logan but Scott was the love of her life. You say this movie was more like the comic and I say it was nothing like the comic, and the way they went with the whole Pheonix thing was pretty lame IMO. I know this was in fault mainly cause of the change in directors and such but it was disapointing.

Now granted, if you just wanted to enjoy some good effects, and fight scenes and even some good character interaction it wasn't a bad movie. The scene where Jugs goes "Do you know who I am? Im the Juggernaut B@#@ch was hiliarious. But as a climatic ending to a trilogy of movies it was lacking.

I found a video clip with Juggernaut from the cartoon dubbed by some other people and he always would say "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut b****" so I'm almost certain they got it from that little cartoon on the internet, it's hilarious.

I disagree about those two character's deaths being basically for nothing. I thought the opposite in fact. With Scott it showed how evil her other side was.. but they never showed him being completely ripped apart.. I think it was left open to believe something else could have happened for him. With Prof X it was perfect because he really had character development in this one and it showed he was manipulative and wasn't mr. ethics.. and phoenix was angered and had vengeance and that was very in key with the comics..

the first two were NOTHING like the comics though.. this one had so much from the comics.. very comic spirited

the first two had better stories and played out better. When Jean died at the end of 2 and the scene were Logan stops Scott from leaving the jet, I had tears in my eyes. This movie

they manage to kill off two of the biggest X Characters for basically nothing. By Jean Grey. And with Scott it was like no one even cared he was dead. Jean has feelings for Logan but Scott was the love of her life. You say this movie was more like the comic and I say it was nothing like the comic, and the way they went with the whole Pheonix thing was pretty lame IMO. . But as a climatic ending to a trilogy of movies it was lacking.

Spoilers:

I agree JayC, Jean destroys both the love of her life and a man that has been her

mentor nearly her entire life, yet she doesn't really reflect on it, I

really saw no remorse. Her motives for siding with Magneto are really

unclear. When you compare her character in X1 and X2, she is like an

entirely different person, granted Phoenix is corrupt, but I still feel

that a part of Jean should have manifested itself to show regret and

remorse for slaughtering Scott and Xavier.

Before Xavier dies he tells Jean not to let her powers control her, but nothing

comes of this, its basically ignored and she doesn't hesitate to kill others in her

path.

I definately recall a scene where jean showed remorse over scott's death

I think people are trying too hard to nitpick certain things

enjoy it for what it was

and also people need to ask themselves

Do you want to see an X-Men comic book film?

or an "apt pupil" bryan singer film?

I definately recall a scene where jean showed remorse over scott's death

You must be refering to that vague comment in the scene Jean makes right before

she makes out with Wolverine. Jean didn't show any remorse for killing

Xavier and she barely showed any remorse or regret, if any for killing Scott, which

really took away from her character based of the previous 2 films.

No reason for Phoenix to be in the film. No Character arch for her. She is reborn, she kills some people, she joins Magneto, she kills some more people, then she dies. That's about it. And people think Dr. Doom was underused?

Well whatever, if you didn't have fun with the film.. read the comics

I never said I didn't enjoy the film, in fact I liked it alot better than X1

but I will not delude myself and say its beyond reproach, its not perfect

and I pointed out the things I thought lacked.

Movie was really good. I thought that it was better than the first but couldn't touch the second movie. It wasn't a smooth as the other 2 and it seemed to have some holes in it. I did enjoy it and thought that it had some of the best scenes out of all 3 films.....

Just got back from seeing it and it was alright. Entertainment factor I'll give it an A but story wise it was pretty much dull. They tried too much to cram everything into a 90 minute movie and in the end it didn't work out as good as I thought it would.

They should've taken time on strengthing the story line more than rushing to get this movie out to start the summer movie season. And to tell the truth, I saw the new Pirates trailer, and I almost wanted to see that instead.

SPOILERS

Some stuff that I thought was a big disappointment:

-Like JayC posted above, I hated that they killed off Cyclops and Prof X early in the movie.

-Phoenix Waste of a cool character. For a movie hyping the Phoenix, her character was so underused. She shows up Kills Cyke, goes to the mansion, goes beserk, goes back to her childhood house (where are her parents????), Kills Prof, then you don't see her in action til the end of the movie. You think that after killing her off in the 2nd movie and showing all this Phoenix hype they'd do more with her.

-Angels character was a waste of space

-Not enough of Colossus and only a 2 sec scene of Bobby fully iced?

-They dumped Rogues and Mystiques character altogether.

Things I did enjoy:

-Juggernaut - I thought he was one of the best characters of the film. His scene with Kitty was classic.

-Beast. IMO Grammar pulled it off and was this movies Nightcrawler.

-Storm finally gets to unleash her weather powers which was barely done in the other movies.

-Cameos of a lot of mutants. Whod ever think we'd see Calisto, Multiple Man, or Arclight in a movie

Overall, it was entertaining and cool eye candy efx. Storywise, dull and lacking. I coulda lived without the Phoenix sub-plot and wished they woulda focused more on the war with the "cure".

Better than X1 but not as good as X2.

Well, the movie was soooo goood that it made my son have tears in his eyes, & obcourse, me throught out the whole movie...but I had never seen my son cry for anyone, specially not in a movie...I guess he's sentimental too...

Spoilers

Nobody cared for cyclops death...but when Xavier died..I could hear other's in the theater sharing tears....man..it was cool....

Oh, & since I was here early this morning I stayed after the credits..... & only about 5% of the crowd stayed to see the other ending... It was cool too!!

I really liked this movie...& am going again tonight since I didnt' wake up the wifey this morning... so whoopie doo to me ;)

For everyone mad about the fact that Cyke was killed...remember that sometimes scripts are altered for external reasons. If I remember correctly, they bascially had to beg Mardsen to come back because he chose to be a 2nd-tier character in Superman Returns and there were conflicting shooting schedules. Perhaps the script was altered to kill him off quickly because he did not have the time to shoot everything they originally had planned?

There were some slight issues w/ this movie, but I'm not going to blame Ratner or the writers. Fox is solely to blame for the accelerated schedule and the shortness of the final product. I am glad that Marvel is handling their own stuff going forward because Fox is good for nothing but making sure the movie is well-marketed.

Man, I got up at 7:30 a.m to get in line at 10:15 a.m. when the movie started at 10:45....

One thang.... it was worth it!

We tried to sneak in to another film, but they had overstaff! So we where watched all the way til we left....

I liked the new x - men movie. Plus I like the true ending after the credits. I look forward for x - men 4 seeing that it was in a ad I read from a movie page that fox has confirmed the fourth movie. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt that we will see an X4 (some new cast members) because too much was left hanging. However, I would like to see a link to this "confirmation" because Fox will not be involved w/ X4 or any other Marvel movies going forward as Marvel has announced that they will be producing all of their own movies going forward. So, yeah...let us know where you saw this big "confirmation" from Fox... @hmmm@

Well I just got back from seeing X3 and now it's time to put in my own opinion. I thought it was AMAZING. I wasn’t disappointed at all. As I said beforehand, many seemed to think it wasn’t as in depth as the other two, and I just don’t get that. Some characters were underused, angel for one, but when he was there I found him to be psychological and true to the essence of Xmen. I don’t think it was better then the other two, but I do think it meshed in with them and is equal to them. I also felt actually the exact opposite then most seem to believe, I felt it was MORE dramatic! Three major players died, had very powerful deaths, very powerful scenes with the brotherhood showing characters be “cured” and so forth, emotional drama involving characters wanting to be cured or not wanting to be or should they be and so forth, how wasn’t this a story? It surely had a story, it’s certainly not just action in my opinion

Saw it really liked it......... I am a big comic book fan not a big X-men fan though, but I really liked the movie. Probably my favorite of the 3.

****spoilers***

We never really see cyclops die, everyone is assuming it, but if you don't see it happen it just might not have happened in my book.

I hated when the mutants go to attack Alcatraz and they are on the bridge.....one second its evening and the sun is going down and in the next second it is complete night. It was jarring and everyone I went with noticed that. That actually is my biggest problem with the film.

They kind of turned Juggernaut into Rhino but he was cool.

Magneto rocked!

I'll probably see it again.

SPOILER-ISH, maybe

I just got back from seeing it and all I have to say is...it was not good. I felt like the scene's were all disconected, there was no charecter development, and the storyline/comic tie-ins were weak. I am VERY disappointed. I feel cheated. Each scene lacked power and beleive-ability for me. First of all, did anyone feel that Wolverine went soft on us? I feel that he became this average guy with claws and not the bada** that knows martial arts and can stand in a fight against the hulk that he is in the comics. I feel as if all charecters that were not previously developed in prior movies were simply foced on the viewer. For me the dialogue was cheesy at times. The inclusion of Arch-Angel was obviously just to attract viewers. I also feel as if they sacrificed plot, comic-book similarities, and overall "goodness" for special effects. Eh, maybe I was just in a bad mood, but I did not like it.

Excuse me while I go and read some comics where the script is cool and well-written.