Hasbro

AFC34

What can we expect from Hasbro?

What kind of figures would they do?

What´s the best scale?

Does Hasbro start with poor action figures,

then improve patterns so much, producing

twice or more main characters, like Toybiz did?

Or better, like Hasbro did before with Star Wars collection.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't have anything but speculation until Hasbro actually announces something. Maybe at SDCC. If you scroll down a few pages there are other threads that went on for awhile on the subject. Mostly people arguing about whether or not Hasbro will ruin everything or not.

I think some of the signs point to Hasbro making comparable figures to the Marvel Legends line. The one tidbit that was confirmed, that all the molds were taken away from Toybiz Worldwide.

The exact quote is" During April 2006, Marvel

relocated nearly all of its molds and tooling away from TBW to

larger, more established vendors. That transition will

adversely affect full year 2006 toy production and related

sales."

I'm quite sure Hasbro is one of these "established vendors." I wouldn't doubt the molds will be used early under hasbro, and will make changes as ML progresses. The rest is just speculation until Hasbro makes some announcements. Hopefully, it'll all be good!

At Toy Fair I asked Jesse if Hasbro was going to continue ML and he said yes. Someone else asked him the same question 10 minutes later and he said something like "they'd be fools not to." The second statement seemed like a bit of a backtrack, but he's obviously under the impression that Hasbro will continue ML, for whatever that's worth.

I think some of the signs point to Hasbro making comparable figures to the Marvel Legends line. The one tidbit that was confirmed, that all the molds were taken away from Toybiz Worldwide.

sales."

I did not know that. Thanks for that tidbit Maestro!

• 2 weeks later...

Something I'm worried about that I don't think has been mentioned much, and maybe it isn't a big deal to other people, is series order. Does hasbro have any lines divided into waves? Or do they just ship stuff out? Even if the ML figures continue exactly as they are now, it's quite possible we'll get 3 new figures at a time, with a bunch of re-issues. We may no longer be able to talk about the Galactus wave, or series 9, the way we do now. I like having set in stone barriers between one set and the next.

I guess if they numbered them like they do in the Star Wars line, that would make no series arrangements a little easier.

Hmm, I'd love to see continuation of MLs...well, as would almost all the Marvel toy collectors I guess!

But Star Wars figures mixed into MLs? I wouldn't mind them having their own ML style series, but not actually IN the ML series. Seems like its polluting it LOL.

Wait n See!

Its been said that they will start a line of mister potato heads with marvel characters.

heh I'd buy some if they are any thing like the starwars ones, I can fullly see them doing this as well :)

sales."

I'm quite sure Hasbro is one of these "established vendors." I wouldn't doubt the molds will be used early under hasbro, and will make changes as ML progresses. The rest is just speculation until Hasbro makes some announcements. Hopefully, it'll all be good!

I think that refers more to Toybiz's ending its production deal with Toybiz Worldwide than anything else.

Toybiz (a Marvel company) had contracted Toybiz Worldwide (an unrelated company) to produce and distribute the toys.. they ended the contract early this year and took over the production and distribution themselves... they contracted other factories to produce them this year.

so they indeed did take the tools and molds away from Toybiz Worldwide, but that doesn't mean that they gave them to Hasbro

Hasbro is a very smart company...to make themselves mo money..

They know there are a lot of completists out there & will start to make all the ML's all over again..starting with Toad, Capt America, & Ironman....

Next thang you know... there will be pegs full of pegwarmers with stuff Hasbro will overship to everyone!

I for one would LOVE to see Hasbro do a "Best Of" wave or three with the hardest to find MLs in totally new packaging. Preferrably cardboard backing with plastic blisters like Marvel Classics and Spawn figures have been done.

That way the people who collect rare figures would still have their original MLs and the newer collectors could get ones like Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse and Juggernaut etc. I know I myself would love to get DP, Phasing Vision and Phasing GR...

I think it would be really stupid for Hasbro to change the scale and/or POA too much so I doubt they will. The most likely negative change would simply be the character selection with a restart having Spidey, Cap, Wolvie, Hulk, Iron Man, and someone else in the first wave and building from there, with some big guns and some more obscure characters in each wave after that.

The most likely positive change would be increased availability and possibly more even case-ratios. But as was said, this is all just speculation. Nobody really knows and most likely won;t until Hasbro either decides to break their silence or we see prototypes at a con'.

Here's what i think will happen. Hasbro will call the line something else rather than Legends.

Maybe Marvel Icons Marvel something? Who knows? I'm not expecting much out of the first line of there Marvel Legends. The first ones always suck because they learn and get better as you go. I mean look at ToyBiz first 4 ML lines, we all thought they were coool as hell at first but looking back at it now, they all sucked! They didn't get good until like later on.

Expect the same transition from Hasbro. Althought they can learn from ToyBiz early mistakes and maybe the transition wont be as bad, especially if they do infact on the new molds.

But hopefully hasbro will do a better job in shipping these toys in masses to every market unlike Toybiz where its hard to find the new toys anywhere and its always a year or two behind.

@Spidey@ UM...... well Hasbro's Ghost Rider came in for a approval and it just does not look good........ Also Hasbro is also workin with a few of us (designers&sculpters) to try and maintain assortments look.

I think it would be wise to continue the 6" scale but i would really love some more super hero showdown and think it would be great if they would push it with slightly smaller (3 3/4" rather than 4") human figs (hulk and the like can definatly be taller) and use that articulation (with swivel wrists added) to bring back joes. but i'm just dreaming.

@Spidey@ UM...... well Hasbro's Ghost Rider came in for a approval and it just does not look good........ Also Hasbro is also workin with a few of us (designers&sculpters) to try and maintain assortments look.

Nice art man!

I would like to see the GR they proposed.

I think it would be wise to continue the 6" scale but i would really love some more super hero showdown and think it would be great if they would push it with slightly smaller (3 3/4" rather than 4") human figs (hulk and the like can definatly be taller) and use that articulation (with swivel wrists added) to bring back joes. but i'm just dreaming.

Joes really are still there. The newer waves of DTC are even in TRU now.

I wouldn't mind them doing 3&3/4" SHS but only if they were like $4 each. I could collect them then, even though my Joe collecting has slowed by almost 100%.

Hasbro Fudges with the scale & makes them bigger/smaller, I'm done! Stick with the 6' scale Hasbro!

I think Marvel will recolor the figures so that they won't be like the originals. I mean, they have been doin that with their joe and transformers figures.

That........makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

The ghost rider line up was done by toybiz though wasn't it ?.. Hasbro just most likely wanted to put that line out there selfs so made it part of there deal with marvel ... that would be my guess anyways...

able to shed any more light on what hasbro is doing or show any shots of the design art ect?

thanks man!

I think Marvel(I mean Hasbro) will recolor the figures so that they won't be like the originals. I mean, they have been doin that with their joe and transformers figures.

My bad. I mean Hasbro, not Marvel. Hasbro has a tendency to reissue figures in a different color scheme. There have been few occassions where they released a 2 year old figure in the same color. What I mean is let say they decided to reissue Toad. Rather than the brown and yellow color scheme, he may be painted in an orange and reddish brown color scheme. I guess a better example is if Hasbro decided to release the first normal ml ironman figure in metallitic red and gold or stealth ironman in black.

Maybe they do this to make their older figures have some more value or something. The foxkids and 10th aniversary beast war figures are perfect examples of them recoloring the figures.

however, I do not know if they still do this as they seem to reissue older alternator figures in new packages, but same color schemes. Maybe alternators don't count since yhe line is relativiely new

Here is an example of a gi joe figure they recolored to make it subtily different

scroll down till you hit variations

http://www.yojoe.com/action/03/tunnelrat4.shtml

I think Marvel will recolor the figures so that they won't be like the originals. I mean, they have been doin that with their joe and transformers figures.

Just wait & see @bounce@ We know what Hasbro likes to do ;)