TNI custom contest (master thread!)

Toiletmonkey1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had my parts all picked out, sculpted the head and torso and right arm, i went to do a a basecoat of white and it wouldnt dry.... (several days went by...)i was using testors enamale which has never given me trouble before. i dont know if i dint mix it enough or if its just the humidity. i tried soaking 'im in paint thinerto get it off but it just made the sculpy come off to! i found an open flame to work but now i need to start again on the torso and arms... and some of the head. another disapointing thing was that the hand of my nigth creeper (which are the arms im using) broke off as i was trying to heat it and pop it out... guess it wasnt hot enough yet!

The reason that happened is because enamel paints have a bad reaction to some plastics (mainly soft plastics). Use Acrylic paint and that won`t happen. The Testors Acrylic paints you buy at Walmart are ok but not the best as most are glossy. Anyways Acrylic is the way to go as it`s easy to clean (just use water) and easy to thin to the desired thickness (again just add water) and you get 0 bad reactions with stickiness. The reason you probably didn`t have much problem before is probably because you used it on the older figures that were made of different plastic. Hope that helps, you can buy paints at alot of places on line like Goodtogo which has a good price on Citadel paints which are really good paints.

I still plan on being in this, but i'm getting closure to moving. We have put a deposit on a trailor, so i'll be on the familyf arm in under a month (gotta run septic first) and then I can focus on getting this done last minute lol.

I don't know how I managed to not see this thread until today, but oh well. If it's not too late to throw my hat into the ring (not that it is a very impressive hat), I'd like in. I have Mara and Honda Lou in mind for some strange reason.

I don't know how I managed to not see this thread until today, but oh well. If it's not too late to throw my hat into the ring (not that it is a very impressive hat), I'd like in. I have Mara and Honda Lou in mind for some strange reason.

okay your in, ive already added you and you selections to the first post!

welcome aboard man!

TM

Here's a list for those of you still deciding that I've thought of...

From the Sunbow series (check out JoeGuide.com for pictures):

Fatal Fluffies (The Pyramid of Darkness)

Quick Kick's girlfriend Amber (Lasers in the Night)

From the Marvel series, here's a start:

Candy/Bongo the Balloon Bear

Hard Master

Soft Master

Blind Master

The White Clown

Those are great ideas. I love the idea of Fatal Fluffies. Their names are almost too fun to type! But I would love to see some one attempt these.

MATT

done some sculpting and some painting, although i close friday. I've been working from the time i get off work till bedtime, on getting the farm ready for us.

I'll do White Clown & Doc Venom... Anyone have pics of White Clown? Please e-mail 'em to awagner@shufflemaster.com... Thanks!!

you've been added

remember guys customs need to be pm'd to me, not posted here...just a reminder!

TM

• 2 weeks later...

yep! 19 days from now! you guys better get your butt's in gear! only xhairs is done! im still trying to come up with a prize, but i'll think of something?? any ideas?

TM

• 2 weeks later...

Bump time.

I'll be sending a PM of my Robot Grenadier soon....Cool Breeze is probably going to be finished at the last possible minute.

Sorry I haven't been around much, pretty busy this last month..(got married, went on a honeymoon, moved to a new state, had to find a job, paint the new place, find all of my stuff in the boxes, get the internet working, etc.)... but it does feel good to be back.

Did I miss any sweet customs?

Good luck with the contest.