what do you do with figures you dont want?

king kahn

with all the break a wallet figures you buy to build the big guys do you end up with a bunch of figs you dont want? what do you do with them?

i was gonna start trying to trade them off(insert shameless plus here for trading forum). if i was better at doing customs i'd do that but my skill is still laccking and i dont have the tools or the time it seems.

so what do you do? do you trade them off, keep them, customize them.etc?

Simple. I don't buy figures I don't want.

There have been a couple of the BAFs I would love to own, but I can't justify the purchase of an entire wave of figures to get them when I might only want one or two.

The whole thing is simply a (very successful) cash-grab for Toy Biz, and it's a pretty smart move from a business standpoint. I just refuse to play that game.

I don't open my figures to begin with, so the BAF will always be an issue for me. I buy only the figures I want, then if there's a BAF I feel I want badly enough, I buy the complete, assembled BAF on ebay.

So far I've really only wanted the sentinel, but man... I can't wait for that mojo.

Keep them. There are rarely figures I don't like. Most of the time, when I don't buy a figure it's because I have no reason, not because I don't want it. With a BAF, I have an excuse to buy an entire wave. But like I said, even if I don't like them, without it, my set isn't complete. But like I said, there are almost no figures I don't like. Marvel is the best.

There have been a couple of the BAFs I would love to own, but I can't justify the purchase of an entire wave of figures to get them when I might only want one or two.

The whole thing is simply a (very successful) cash-grab for Toy Biz, and it's a pretty smart move from a business standpoint. I just refuse to play that game.

Usually, I only have to justify buying one or two godawful figures. It usually works out so that I wanted about half of the series, was okay about one or two, and absolutly hated one or two. I don't plan on finishing Giantman though, I just need a Thor and a couple others.

Keep them. There are rarely figures I don't like. Most of the time, when I don't buy a figure it's because I have no reason, not because I don't want it. With a BAF, I have an excuse to buy an entire wave. But like I said, even if I don't like them, without it, my set isn't complete. But like I said, there are almost no figures I don't like. Marvel is the best.

I know what you mean. Without the Build a Figures, I wouldn't have been able to justify buying Professor X or Dr. Strange.

This has just happened to me for the first time in the ML run....in order to build Giant Man I had to get AoA figs....I had absolutely no interest in them....but there they sit.....*sigh* I guess I shouldn't complain 13 waves a finally 3 figs that I didn't want

Then you are stronger than me, my friend <_< My name is slao...and i am a Marvel Legendsaholic...

At first i wasn't too keen on buying a whole wave to get a BAF, but in the end it really wasn't a problem. The only figures that i didn't really want that i have ended up buying are Deathlock, FA Hulk, and X-23...that's about it. The only figure that i really don't like in the Wal-Mart wave is AoA Wolverine, the rest look cool to me.

The next upcoming lineups only have a few figures that i want to buy. Besides that, the next 3 BAFs are not good choices at all, i don't even care if i ever completely assemble Onslaught, Mojo, or Modok. I'm thinking i'd trade those pieces/parts for spare ML10 Sentinel parts :D

As a MOC and loose collector, I face a dilemma with these BAF waves.

I end up keeping most of the loose singles, but FA Hulk (a.k.a. Martin Luther monk cut) and Deathlok are figures I don't like, yet were necessary in the completion of mighty Galactus.

Eventually, I will set up a booth at a future local comic con and sell them off with old comics and TPB. Ebay is another option, and I don't feel guilty as a scalper might because I bought them for an initial cause outside of financial gain.

In the end, I keep most loose figs anyways. ML is just too cool...

Try to trade em or sell em. Maybe someone wants em!

I do that first part. The second though I wanted all of the BAF's so I did buy the figures even though I wanted the majority of them anyway and the one's I don't want I give to my friends kids