A heads up

Lady Jaye

I usually get up early enough to catch Spider Man and his Amazing Friends on Jetix. If anyone didn't know, it comes on in my area on ABCFamily!! Of course that's at 8 in the morning!! Anyhow next week they are having a marathon!! Don't know how long or how many episodes, but if you haven't caught the cartoon since the 80's, what a great chance to relive this awesome show!! If you've never seen the show, it's a great way to see what we used to watch when we were kids!!

I loved this show as a kid, its what got me into the comics (this and Superfriends). I've been watching a few episodes I dl'd recently, I love how these college kids had a talking computer and it could figure out stuff with a little information.

This is what my listing show, not sure if its the same for everyone:

May 21: 8:00AM ,May 30: 7:30AM The Origin of the Spider Friends

May 22: 7:30AM Pawns of the Kingpin

May 23: 7:30AM Swarm

May 24: 7:30AM Vengeance of Loki

May 25: 7:30AM The Crime of All Centuries

May 26: 7:30AM Along Came Spidey

May 27: 10:00AM The Origin of Iceman

May 27: 10:30AM A Firestar Is Born

May 27: 11:00AM Mission: Save the Guardstar

May 27: 11:30AM The X-Men Adventure

May 27: 8:00AM Sunfire

May 27: 9:00AM The Fantastic Mr. Frump

May 27: 9:30AM Prison Plot

May 28: 8:00AM Spidey Goes Hollywood

May 29: 7:30AM The Transylvanian Connection

May 31: 7:30AM Triumph of the Green Goblin

(Blank) The Education of a Superhero

This is what my listing show, not sure if its the same for everyone:

May 21: 8:00AM ,May 30: 7:30AM The Origin of the Spider Friends

May 22: 7:30AM Pawns of the Kingpin

May 23: 7:30AM Swarm

May 24: 7:30AM Vengeance of Loki

May 25: 7:30AM The Crime of All Centuries

May 26: 7:30AM Along Came Spidey

May 27: 10:00AM The Origin of Iceman

May 27: 10:30AM A Firestar Is Born

May 27: 11:00AM Mission: Save the Guardstar

May 27: 11:30AM The X-Men Adventure

May 27: 8:00AM Sunfire

May 27: 9:00AM The Fantastic Mr. Frump

May 27: 9:30AM Prison Plot

May 28: 8:00AM Spidey Goes Hollywood

May 29: 7:30AM The Transylvanian Connection

May 31: 7:30AM Triumph of the Green Goblin

(Blank) The Education of a Superhero

That's not a marathon. That's just the weekly schedule.

I remember it well... there was one featuring Captain America and Namor as I recall.

A seies I'd like to see released onto DVD is the 1967 Hanna-Barbera run of the Fantastic Four. By far the best FF cartoon series ever made. Not seen it in donkey's years though.

and upon reading this thread i ask....where are my hulk and spiderman and friends dvds?!?!?!?!:(

i mean i have my hulk now(from the new 2 pack) so i can recreate my hulk episodes :) but where is my spider friends 3 figure boxset to go along with the dvd release. oh well

That's not a marathon. That's just the weekly schedule.

Jetix listings [scroll to Sat, May 27]

(Times = Eastern?)

[ABC Family]

May 27: 8:00AM - Sunfire

May 27: 9:00AM - The Fantastic Mr. Frump

May 27: 9:30AM - Prison Plot

May 27: 10:00AM - The Origin of Iceman

May 27: 10:30AM - A Firestar Is Born

May 27: 11:00AM - Mission: Save the Guardstar

May 27: 11:30AM - The X-Men Adventure

and/or...

Toon Disney

7:00pm Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends : The Fantastic Mr. Frump (TV-Y7)

7:30pm Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends : Prison Plot (TV-Y7)

8:00pm Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends : The Origin of Iceman (TV-Y7)

8:30pm Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends : A Firestar Is Born (TV-Y7)

9:00pm Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends : Mission: Save the Guardstar (TV-Y7)

9:30pm Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends : The X-Men Adventure (TV-Y7)

When did they stop showing the '90's FOX toons?

Spiderman and His Amazing Friends is entertaining, but it sure doesn't beat the '90s X-Men or Iron-Man cartoons. The '60s FF cartoon was pretty good, it was until the second season of the '90s FF series that the episodes were actually good. At one point ABCFamily did air the '90s Cartoons for Spidey, X-Men, Hulk and Fantastic Four, but i haven't seen them listed in awhile.

I do have a quick question for all of you fans of the classic Marvel Cartoons. I remember renting an episode of an '80s Spiderman cartoon in which Captain America was finally revived from "suspended animation" to help Spidey fight the Red Skull. I'm sure this episode wasn't from the "Amazing Friends" series, anybody have a clue where it is from?

Spiderman and His Amazing Friends is entertaining, but it sure doesn't beat the '90s X-Men or Iron-Man cartoons. The '60s FF cartoon was pretty good, it was until the second season of the '90s FF series that the episodes were actually good. At one point ABCFamily did air the '90s Cartoons for Spidey, X-Men, Hulk and Fantastic Four, but i haven't seen them listed in awhile.

I do have a quick question for all of you fans of the classic Marvel Cartoons. I remember renting an episode of an '80s Spiderman cartoon in which Captain America was finally revived from "suspended animation" to help Spidey fight the Red Skull. I'm sure this episode wasn't from the "Amazing Friends" series, anybody have a clue where it is from?

must be the one from 1990 since that what happens in that series.

No it wasn't. It was from the syndicated Spiderman series from the early 80's that was running during the same time as Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. The people behind the series were the same ones doing the "Spidey Friends" one on NBC.

No it wasn't. It was from the syndicated Spiderman series from the early 80's that was running during the same time as Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. The people behind the series were the same ones doing the "Spidey Friends" one on NBC.

Are you sure? Because there was a couple episodes in the 90's show all about Cap and the Red Skull being suspended in time. After they were revived Red Skull turned his son into Electro (wtf?) and a bunch of Golden Age super heroes showed up to help Cap and Spidy beat him. I haven't seen the eps in a while, but I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever when I was a kid.

Are you sure? Because there was a couple episodes in the 90's show all about Cap and the Red Skull being suspended in time. After they were revived Red Skull turned his son into Electro (wtf?) and a bunch of Golden Age super heroes showed up to help Cap and Spidy beat him. I haven't seen the eps in a while, but I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever when I was a kid.

slao did say 80's Spiderman cartoon and he did make the comparison to the Amazing Friends but he knew it wasn't, it was the Spiderman series. Though the scenerio he described is wrong. A parade was being planned for Captain America and the Red Skull diguised as JJ Jameson at a Cap rally attacked Cap and when Spiderman tried to lend a hand to help Cap, but ended up accidently getting in the way and the Red Skull was able to capture Cap. The episode was called "The Capture of Captaion America"

slao did say 80's Spiderman cartoon and he did make the comparison to the Amazing Friends but he knew it wasn't, it was the Spiderman series. Though the scenerio he described is wrong. A parade was being planned for Captain America and the Red Skull diguised as JJ Jameson at a Cap rally attacked Cap and when Spiderman tried to lend a hand to help Cap, but ended up accidently getting in the way and the Red Skull was able to capture Cap. The episode was called "The Capture of Captaion America"

Yeah, that is it, thanks. Now that i think of it, it was just a Flashback sequence in which we see Cap in "suspended animation". Everything is ringing a bell now, i do remember that the episode centered around a parade for Cap. Awesome episode by the way, i certainly prefer this series over the "Amazing Friends" episodes. Anyone know of other episodes in this '80s series?

It was funny how bad and bizarre the '90s Spiderman series ended up. I remember the Cap/Red Skull episodes, Electro as the Skull's son? #WTF#

Yeah, that is it, thanks. Now that i think of it, it was just a Flashback sequence in which we see Cap in "suspended animation". Everything is ringing a bell now, i do remember that the episode centered around a parade for Cap. Awesome episode by the way, i certainly prefer this series over the "Amazing Friends" episodes. Anyone know of other episodes in this '80s series?

It was funny how bad and bizarre the '90s Spiderman series ended up. I remember the Cap/Red Skull episodes, Electro as the Skull's son? #WTF#

I agree. I always favored the 80's series over the 90's one. As to your question about the other episodes, here they are:

Bubble, Bubble, Oil And Trouble

Dr. Doom, Master Of The World

Lizards, Lizards, Everywhere

Curiosity Killed The Spider-Man

The Sandman Is Coming

When Magneto Speaks . . . People Listen

The Pied Piper Of New York Town

The Doctor Prescibes Doom

Carnival Of Crime

Revenge Of The Green Goblin

Triangle Of Evil

The A-B-C's Of D-O-O-M

The Sidewinder Strikes

The Hunter And The Hunted

The Incredible Shrinking Spider-Man

The Unfathomable Professor Gizmo

Canon Of Doom

The Capture Of Captain America

The Doom Report

The Web Of Nephilia

Countdown To Doom

Arsenic And Aunt May

The Vulture Has Landed

Wrath Of The Sub-Mariner

The Return Of Kingpin

Under The Wizard's Spell

was Firestar (from Spidy and his amazing friends) a marvel character or was she created for the show? has there ever been an action figure of her? thanks.

As far as I know, one figure, and a 'minimate'

5" Wizard exclusive (repaint)

Minimate - Series 11

also:

Wikipedia entry