Anyone here have mini mag stands?

Pharmacoviper

Just wanted to see your opinions on these new action figure stands called mini mag stands. They're small circular stands with a diameter that is slightly larger than the foot of an average star wars figure. They're plastic on top, but have little magnets on the bottom. I first heard about them when I was the the Frank & Son Convention in City of Industry, CA about a month ago. I recently saw some at my hobby shop and bought some out of curiosity. I got a bag of 10 stands for $3.50 and a 6-by-6 thin metallic sheet for $6.99.

The neat thing about these stands is that you can put your Star Wars figures in more action-oriented poses. For example, I was able to put a super articulated Speeder Scout in a "dodge-bullets-Matrix-style" pose. The magnets aren't too strong, so you'll need two stands if you want figures to stick on metallic walls. Even then, with heavier figures like Scorch, there's still a chance that they'll fall off. I was able to get Scorch to stick to a vertical railing on the side of my desk after a couple of tries.

I don't have a scanner, so no pictures to share. (I know, I know, I'm sorry.) However, you can check out their website at www.minimagstands.com to see what I'm talking about. Just click on the link under "product info" for some pics.

By the way, I talked to one of the guys who made these stands, and asked him if he would also make stands for GI Joes (the small ones) and Marvel Legends. He told me that they are thinking about it, but are going to wait to see how these stands sell first.

PharmV