Convention Renegades Mercer figure

CrocMaster23

Here he is...MERCER! This is the first of the three souvenir Renegades from the 2006 G.I. Joe Convention! Taurus and Reddog will follow and THEN Sgt. Slaughter will be previewed. These guys feature a custom camo pattern created specifically for these exclusives. We have shown more than usual this year as we have had a lot of requests to give a better idea of what will be available at the Joe Con. What you will not see here are the two vehicle offerings as well as the Attendee Freebie AND if all goes well we will debut the M.O.T.H. set 2 in New Orleans! So, there are still some surprises for the Convention that we are keeping a secret. On a side note, there have been some questions about the missing tools for these guys. They do not exist as far as we know. If they do exist, they MIGHT be in India, but as a general rule, once tools go to India, they don't come back. We did try to find the tools from the originals, but to no avail. Retooling all 4 heads was the next best (and costly) solution.

renegades.jpg

He looks Exactly as I imagen him, (Mega-Marines)Clutch 93 body and Gun-Ho 92 Arms but we got a new head!

And Now Mercer looks Afro American? When I saw the picture of the face I was thinking he was the new Red Dog, but he is the new Mercer!!!!

That means we are going to get new heads for Taurus, Red Dog and Sgt.Slaughter

yet another awsome idea which has come to a screaching halt with horrid part choices and disgustin paint schemes......

i take that back... i like the arms, legs and waist....

if your going to go desert camo then go all the way!! i mean this could double as snow camo if he didn't have bare arms.

Wow......I think the head looks better than the version 1 head..... compared to the original.....I like this figure......I'm pretty sure the other too are going to be okay too. I'm gonna try and pick up this set......even though I'm not gonna be able to attend the con. I think it looks cool........hey no one is forcing anyone to buy this stuff.

I'm guessing that Red Dog and Taurus will be exactly the same bodies?

If these guys are wearing "armor" why are their arms not protected? Most people instincts are to throw their arms in front of them when attacked (for example).

The colors are okay and it looks like he has armor plates strapped over a pair of blue jeans, which is what, I think, was the intent.

Are you sure its a new head? It looks kinda like it...but not (guess I'll have to dig out my Mercer to check). And why would MC make a while new body part? They haven't, to my knowledge, in the past, so why go through the expense now?

I think it's the blue that makes the camo look bad, I actually like the color and paint of the actual camo, I just dont like the blue.. I understand they wanted it to have the Mercer feeling.. but the blue just clashes with the rest.. My guess is the other two are going to have the same exact paint on the "armor" but will have their RAH counterparts paint on the pants.

I agree that the recast head looks better than the original, but I've gotten used to the 'ARAHC white-eyes' thing that's become a favorite detail of mine, too. Overall, this is not as bad as I'd expected, to be honest. I just may pick this one up after all (if I can actually get to the con).

Gah. Now I REALLY want this set! I like the weapon choices also. I'm just not so sure that's a re-cast head. It looks very much like the original to me. Maybe the whites of his eyes painted in makes it look way different. Hmm...

Where was it said the heads were recast? MC's newsletter?

I still don't see the point of doing that THIS time when they haven't done before or even needed to.

In the MC site it says the original parts went missing in india. Anyway, the original post is a direct quote from MC itself.

Where was it said the heads were recast? MC's newsletter?

I still don't see the point of doing that THIS time when they haven't done before or even needed to.

In the MC site it says the original parts went missing in india. Anyway, the original post is a direct quote from MC itself.

Oh....I didn't know that.

It still doesn't answer my second question. Having to do 'extra' work would make these guys extra expensive.

I'll wager that the colors will wind up a little darker, but I'm wondering why Mercer can't hold a weapon right. Anyone else notice how he's holding the guns?

I also think that the camo washes out some of the details on the armor, but that might change in person.

HI ALL @smilepunch@

I LIKE IT ITS NEW STYLE OF HIM I DO LIKE THE V1 OF HIM BUT THIS IS COOL #joecool#

looks great i like the recast head and body work

he has gung ho v1 back pack

JUST RE-ARM THEM FROM JOHN MARAUDER INC WHICH I THINK HE HAS

ALL READY COVERD #GvE#

THANKS FOR THE PRE VIEW @yipee@

ROB uk