To Open, Or Not To Open

madman1366

Ok, so I got my Sonic Convoy giftset (man, that's one huge frickin box!) and yellow/blue Rambles.

I have Cyb Prime with WS already on my shelf, so do I open these or should I keep them sealed?

Keep in mind, with rather limited display space there's no telling how long I'd be able to keep them out, so they very well might end up in storage sooner than I had hoped. Is it worth opening even if it's just for a little while?

@hmmm@

MISB :)

If anything buy another one, open it, take the ramble thingys out and then sell the prime off :)

The part of me that wants to open it is finding every little imperfection in the box to rationalize opening it. It's not a perfect box, but it's not bad. The flaws are superficial at worst. One of the rambles is a pretty mint looking package, the other one, not so much.

Oh well, I just got Metroplex so I'm in no hurry to open SC at the moment. It WILL be hard to resist once enough time passes between new figures though.

Im an opener kinda guy, but some things look cool in the package and this is one of them. You have the toy already so no need to open it. Keep it closed and looking hot.

I'm gonna have to buy a special storage box for this sucker. The totes I use for everything else aren't even close. I've never seen a Fort Max in box, but this box has to be pretty close in size.

I was thinking of just opening it to check the contents, cuz ya' never know! I don't know if it's twisty tied down, or has that plastic covering like some do. If it's plastic covering I may take it out and check everything out. If not, and it's twist tie hell, then I'll leave it be.

I'm gonna have to buy a special storage box for this sucker. The totes I use for everything else aren't even close. I've never seen a Fort Max in box, but this box has to be pretty close in size.

I was thinking of just opening it to check the contents, cuz ya' never know! I don't know if it's twisty tied down, or has that plastic covering like some do. If it's plastic covering I may take it out and check everything out. If not, and it's twist tie hell, then I'll leave it be.

I think you answered your own question on what to do.

Me, most of my recent G.I. Joe stuff is still boxed, but I've opened all the TFs (I GOTTA see em transformed) even though they are all gonna end up going into storage for awhile.

Yeah, do what Nocturno does. Buy figures for 100 X what they went for two decades ago and keep them sealed collecting dust, having no fun with them, other than looking at them in their respective packaging. Wondering, why did I just spend half a grand on this one figure, just so it can sit in this plain jane of a box.

Oh wait, I do that too! Damn hypocrite I am! @smilepunch@

I'd take them out & play w/ them, but my Ponies are sitting in boxes still. Well some of them are.

So if you brought a misb perfert shaped boxed g1 or dieclone optimus prime for lets say ... $50 or less you would open him up ?:P

New or old there is a certain apeal to having a nice misb toy on display, specialy these days knowing that most just open them :P

Actually, depending on the rarity and how old it is MISB can be more powerful than loose. If it's a new toy, and I'm debating whether to open it or not, I always open it. If the though even goes through my mind that means I could enjoy it loose too, whereas with something very old that's still in the box it wouldn't even register in my brain to open it or not y'know?

Why buy a toy not to open it? Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

For that matter, why buy a toy you already have?

First off, let me say I did open the box and slid the big ass tray out. The figures are twist tied in AND some parts have plastic coverings, so I didn't mess with anything.

I looked them over, made sure all the parts were there and that all was good then I put him right back in the box. With something like this, where there is no display window to see the figures, I just wanted to make sure everything was as it should be.

A couple of sloppy paint apps that I caught just casually looking the set over kinda bothered me. To answer your question Insane Galvatron, I got him because all 3 figures in the set are quite a bit different from the Hasbro versions that I own.

I've seen some of the other "crystal Convoys" that Takara put out and I just always thought if might be cool to get one someday. I got a great deal on this set that I couldn't refuse so I jumped on it! It wasn't something that I really sought out to get, it just kinda happened.

Opening it like I did won't make much of a difference. It's not like we're talking about an AFA gradeable box or anything and it does show some wear in spots. A collector would certainly take them into account if ever considering buying one like this.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I still might completely take them out, I may not. I still haven't decided on that.

ah if you have done that my friend I hate to tell you but its not misb ...

soooooooo you may as well take them out and enjoy them, unless you are afraid of damage ... while you're moving or what not , then you may as well keep them mib untill you are done :)

ah if you have done that my friend I hate to tell you but its not misb ...

soooooooo you may as well take them out and enjoy them, unless you are afraid of damage ... while you're moving or what not , then you may as well keep them mib untill you are done :)

I couldn't give a rat's ass if it's MISB or not. The only thing that makes me hesitant to take them out is the possibility of that red foil stuff flaking off like it has with past figures. Maybe it hasn't been a problem with Takara stuff...I don't know.

Chances are, when I get more display room, I'll probably take them out and display them anyway. I never was very good at keeping things MISB. (but I have done it)

I'm sorry I thought the title was "To Open, Or Not To Open," I GUESS I was wrong :P

Well I really thought about it for a few days, I just thought I'd get some opinions, that's all.

It would have been easier to have kept it misb if the box was just a little bit better. Running down the length of one flap it looks like it bulged out (probably from some prolonged pressure pushing down on that side of the box) and left a crease in the middle of it. It bothered me enough to say..."ah, what the hell!"