Question for people who like the clone trooper figures

Pharmacoviper

I was just wondering what people here thought about all the different kinds of clone figures that are out (e.g. shock troopers, Cody's clones, TAC-op troopers, etc.). I recently saw quite a few of the orange clones, but I passed on them because they remind me more of football players than soldiers. Same thing for the red clones that came out a while ago.

Do you guys like all these color variations? Would you buy more clones if they came out with more color patterns? I tend to prefer my stormtroopers and clones be just white for the most part. Although I have to say, I did like those two foresty-colored clones because that makes sense if they had to fight in areas with lots of trees. I also dig the black stormtroopers from starwarsshop.com because they are actually expanded universe characters from the Crimson Empire comic book (they had basic training in the dark side or something like that).

PharmV

I like whats out now , anything else would be sorta silly unless it was something that was new and came out after the movie, like i na comic or something

I like the color variations. I'd really like to see Marines in toy form. They look like snow troopers with crimson uniforms and they killed Ki-Adi-Mundi. I'd also like to see the camo biker scouts. I think it's neat that the various divisions of clones began wearing colors to differentiate themselves.

I love them.. I have about 40 different ROTS clones.. they're great.. I've never been an army builder but I tend to pick up 3-5 of each of the different color schemes each time they are released.

I think it is fine as I am not a big army builder, just enough to get me off.

I get like 2-4 of each only. I mean, the battle damage for more than 2 would look weird for the Super-articulated troopers.

A co-worker and I were talking about that exact problem. He's a Star Wars collector as well and we started to talk about how odd more than two Utapau troopers would look together with the scuffs and marks being in the same place. The clean troopers are a little easier to collect.

Don't care much for the coloured clones... esp from Ep 2.

Guest McBragg

I passed up a Shock Trooper last year because they look too clownish.

Utapau ones are okay, but they over did the damage.

I dig the different colors, even tho I think some of them were made just to sell toys :P Especially the design of the ARC-170, just to pilot it you need to spend another $20ish on figures. But back to the colors thing- When you have a bunch lined up, it's nice because it gives variety to your ranks, unlike Stormtroopers that kinda just got lost in a sea of white.

I love them too... I still plan on customizing some of my QD clones into the colored ones that came in the 3 packs(the green "college sweater one", the Red "polka dot" one, and the blue "look at me cute lil' blue stripes" one), lol...

AFS.. how many EE cases did you buy???

I prefer the clean basic white. This preference probably stems from how the Stormtroopers looked in the OT. However, I prefer the armor of the Clonetroopers from Ep. III.

I would love to see three to even six packs of basic white troopers.

3-6 pack of super-articulated Ep. II Clone Troopers

3-6 pack of super-articulated Ep. III Clone Troopers

3-6 pack of super-articulated OT Stormtroopers

They would have to be scuff/battle damage free.

I also like the black Stormtroopers, and Jungle Camo Clone Troopers. I just wish they made Urban Camo Clone Troopers in Ep. III style armor.

Action Figure Soundwave, I have to admit that your clone army is very impressive. Do you have a corresponding army of droids to oppose them?

Like, I AM SCI-FI, I personally prefer troopers that are white and clean-looking, with the only exception of clone leaders like Commander Cody getting a little color on their armor.

PharmV