Colonial Marines snapkits

ecmagee1984

they are to scale, ill get them for weapons, but the construction is pretty crappy, and they arent as articulated as youd want, but some custom joes, with Marine weapons, vs the Micro Men Aliens will be fun.

I'll have to get pics tomorrow. I got a full set of AvP wave 1 (minus the rare variants) for about $90 from ActionHQ back in 2004.

The thing is these figures are blind packed so you'll need to find a shop that opens them first so you can make sure to get the ones you want. The figures are very similar to the Microman ones but not as detailed and more cheaply made.

I'm a HUGE fan of Hot Toys AvP stuff,it's awesome.While not perfect, it is the closest stuff you'll get to Joe-scale Alien figures.

I don't have all of AvP Snap-Kit Wave 1,but I do have a lot of the Aliens (Warrior,Battle,Translucent) from that Wave.I did order a box of Wave 2 so I have all those figures including the Queen.

Hot Toys actually packed little ads in all the Wave 2 AvP figures advertising the Aliens Snap-Kits,at first I got worried that they changed them around for the 12-inch Colonial Marines...but I'm glad to see that they didn't!Those Colonial Marines look f'n great,JUST like GI Joes with better details to boot....let me tell you that Hot Toys does a fantastic job on details,even for the 1:18th scale stuff,which this is.

A few cons about their snap-kits though...which I hope they addressed and corrected the issues with this upcoming products.

-They are a pain to put together,prepare for raw fingers after putting a few together. They have ball-joints that "pop" into sockets on the limbs and such.A good suggestion to getting fussy joints together is to heat the plastic under a hot light or with a blow-dryer so it gets softer.

-While some of the ball-joints are little pieces of individual plastic (i.e. Wave 1 and 2 Alien's elbow),some ball-joints are small round pieces of plastic sticking out from the limb itself...sometimes these plastics are VERY easily torn off when trying to put the pieces together or even by just turning the joint.I have 15 or so Aliens and I'd say at least 5-6 of them have broken joints.People who have these figures may be more familiar with what I'm talking about.

Here's my pic-heavy thread with a lot of pics of the Wave 1 & 2 AvP series figures.

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2008383

they are to scale, ill get them for weapons, but the construction is pretty crappy, and they arent as articulated as youd want, but some custom joes, with Marine weapons, vs the Micro Men Aliens will be fun.

As Inggasson was so nice to point out, Marauder has the NCM rifle...which is SO VERY CLOSE to the Colonial Marine Pulse Rifle that only it's Momma could tell them apart! :-) So if you want the $15 figure just for the gun...might want to try an NCM rifle for $1.

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=55

Thanks!

Marauder_John

Cobra Commander Thats one badass set up you have there. Where did you buy them from and do you have any pics of them next to some joes?

I bought them from a Canadian seller I know on eBay.I have purchased practically all my Hot Toys from them.

He offers the individual figures for $8 a piece.

I did purchase a full AvP Snap-Kit Wave 2 set from ActionHQ however.

It`s GREAT to see these finally coming out :D

Shame though they only made 3 of them so far though I bet series 2 will have the rest :D

I really like what I see though & the articulation actually looks better than the AVP (series 1 & 2) & Batman begins snap Fix figures or is that just me?

I`m looking forward to getting plenty of marines to customize :D

Maybe this will justifie making the APC & Dropshop now :D

Ja

Steel Bonnet

• 2 months later...

The Collector's Depot came through! I've been e-mailing them about checking into HOT TOYS to see if they could get the new 1:18 scale Aliens & Colonial Marines sets & I just got word that they did! The best part is that Mike was able to keep the figures at a rock bottom price.. only $10 per figure. The few other places that I've seen these things for sale have them at $12 or better. I am not sure if there are any Aliens fans out there, but I've wanted highly detailed "Joe scale/articulation" Colonial Marines figures since I was a kid & first saw the movie in the theaters. lol.. FINALLY! :) This is the first wave of figures, with more waves to follow (containing more marines, etc).

Here's some info for you guys...

First off, here's the link to the sale page:

The Collector's Depot Toystore

Second, here's a link to the HOT TOYS company web site where you can see up-close pics of how cool the figures are (& how Joe-like):

Hot Toys, Inc. (Aliens)

Lastly, here's a link to a review (with pics) written by the Joe community's very own Flint WO2 (Jon) who can't say enough about these figures:

http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3760

And here's a link for other reviews:

http://www.alienscollection.com/

This is all just a heads-up for you guys. I see that BBTS is already sold out of these, so I am not sure how long these will last. :) Peace.

The quality is pretty good and much better detail and easier to put together than the previous AvP wave. The only thing is the figures are rather generic heads so they don't really look like who they are supposed to be (copyright issues I assume), and Apone is way to lightskinned. However the clothing, weapons, and armors are dead on. Hicks even has his heart.

My Drake did have a small break in the tab after I hooked to his vest.

--------------

If anyone is interested I still have all aliens (plus one extra) and another Drake (smartgunner). The eggs were opened to properly ID the figures, but the figures are still sealed.