Why no X3 toys?

yojoebro82

I thought half the reason behind comic book movies was all the merchandising that's attached to it. This is gonna be the most mutant-packed X-Men yet, and NO toys??? They could easily have gone all Star Wars with it and given an action figure to every mutant that gets two seconds of screen time.

Now, I'm not complaining necessarily (God knows I got enough toys and NO money) it's just puzzling to me. Could it be they're foccusing on making the STORY as good as it can be FIRST??? That would be welcome change.

i rather have these guys than those awful x1 & x2 toys. the wolverines from the movie lines were god aweful with the worst face sculpts. at least in the new line, you see that each mutant has personality while the ones from the movie have a black leather outfit, which to me is way to generic. i do agree that some of the new ones stink ie: juggernaut but for the most part they look decent.

the wolverines from the movie lines were god aweful

I'm looking at my super posable X2 Wolverine right now and he looks pretty cool to me. Cyclops, Night Crawler, Rogue, Jean Grey, all winners in my book.

I would have liked to see a Beast, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Angel, new Storm, Juggernaut, etc.

The new X Men stuff they got out now is OK, but except for getting a second shot at Archangel, nothing is a real must have for me.

Yeah a lot of the movie figs rock imo. I am saddened we are not getting real movie versions but some of these X Men figs rock in their place a lot. Plus its been said Hasbro was looking into doing a few accurate movie versions in ML next year maybe.

Draven

X-men 3 was made very quickly. That didn't give Toy Biz proper lead time to get toys designed, sculpted and produced.

That's ToyBiz's offical answer...err...excuse. But it's BS if you ask me.

Well, filming started in August 05. First new Xmen figures began showing the week after Christmas. They can't just whip up figures in a few months.

It probably wouldn't have sold anyway!

Another big reason for the change is because no one likes sh*** ass black leather figures. At least most kids won't. Who wants all their figures to be in freakin black leather, just like the movie, it's freakin lame and super super ***.

X-men 3 was made very quickly. That didn't give Toy Biz proper lead time to get toys designed, sculpted and produced.

That's ToyBiz's offical answer...err...excuse. But it's BS if you ask me.

Well, filming started in August 05. First new Xmen figures began showing the week after Christmas. They can't just whip up figures in a few months.

So??? There's no rule that says they can't start working on the figs until filming starts. Pre-production started before the filming in August. You think they had no idea what charcters were to be in the film or how they would look until the first day they picked up a camera in August?? Besides that, nobody ever said the figures for a movie that was due out the end of May would need to come out in December like the XMC line did. You sound like a ToyBiz rep w/ these flimbsy excuses....

I don't think that the X-2 toys sold all that well which would be a big indicator as to wether or not they would make X-3 toys. I wasn't happy with the movie toys at all. The X2 figures all looked a little too feminine to me.

jiM

its been said Hasbro was looking into doing a few accurate movie versions in ML next year maybe.

Draven

That would be cool if that were the case. This has got to be a first where a comic book movie DIDN'T have action figures to go along with it. They even snuck Tom Jayne, Wesley Snipse, and Ben Afleck into the ML line!

I don't think that the X-2 toys sold all that well which would be a big indicator as to wether or not they would make X-3 toys.

jiM

Maybe, but can you name a toy line based on ANY movie that flew off the shelves? Sure you'll get the ONE chick figure based on the hot actress that played her that everyone wants.....but other than that, movie action figures ALWAYS seem to land in the clearence isles no matter HOW good it does in theaters.

x3 looks like it's 1000x better than the first two snoozfests

Holy crap, you're right! How could I have ever been so blind and misguided. Thank you, thank you for showing me the light oh amazing one.

amazingdm saved my life!

Maybe, but can you name a toy line based on ANY movie that flew off the shelves? Sure you'll get the ONE chick figure based on the hot actress that played her that everyone wants.....but other than that, movie action figures ALWAYS seem to land in the clearence isles no matter HOW good it does in theaters

That may be true, but they still have to sell a significant amount to warrant them making another line.

jiM

x3 looks like it's 1000x better than the first two snoozfests

Holy crap, you're right! How could I have ever been so blind and misguided. Thank you, thank you for showing me the light oh amazing one.

amazingdm saved my life!

unless you have a reason to believe otherwise?

Well For the first movie figures, they sat around a long time ...... and same with part of the second movie figures............ and Toybiz probably looked at the way Mattel's Batman figures sat around, and there own Fantastic Four figures..... So they said We better not make any figures based on the Movies.

again, a bunch of figures in *** black leather doesn't appeal to kids

I don't know, I personally think kids would buy it. If they like the movie enough, they'll want the figures to reinact the movie and have their own adventures. Not that the X-Men figures we got wern't cool, and as much as I liked the white Storm figure, I would've much rather had movie accurate figures than cool looking "made up" figures.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23311

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23292

and let's not forget THE BEST SCENE EVER

Look, I'm done arguing about this movie, I was done a while ago. At this point no one is going to change anyones mind about the flick, so it's not even worth arguing. I just find Amazingdm's utter hatred for Bryan Singer to be amusing. I mean really, were the first two that bad? No, they weren't, and I'm guessing the majority of people (here and elsewhere) agree with me.

When it comes to X3 though, I just don't know. When I look at everything I've seen/heard, it just seems so...hollow. The first two movies, while not perfect at least had substance, character, drama to them. With X3 it just seems like their trying to take advantage of the fanbase by making the movie as quick and as cheap as possible. X1 and 2 weren't perfect, they didn't follow the comics word for word, but at the end of the day they were good movies that stayed true to the core meaning of the X-Men. With X3 it seems like the opposite, they've tried to cram in as much stuff from the books as possible at the expense of actually having a good story. Some people dig that and that's fine, but I just feel like the characters, and the audiance, deserve so much more. I've practically grown up with these characters, I want to see them realized to their maximum potential, not just humped by a bunch of corporate suits for whatever amount of money they have yet to drain from the real fans...

Annnnnnd with that I'm done talking about this movie, go enjoy it if you want you crazy kids, I won't judge you.

again, a bunch of figures in *** black leather doesn't appeal to kids

I don't know, I personally think kids would buy it. If they like the movie enough, they'll want the figures to reinact the movie and have their own adventures. Not that the X-Men figures we got wern't cool, and as much as I liked the white Storm figure, I would've much rather had movie accurate figures than cool looking "made up" figures.

maybe you're right

the first two movies were bores so they really didn't have any kids excited

this movie is going to be action packed and actually has mutants with powers in them

but by themselves, on their own, black leather toys just aren't good sellers

randomhero it's just kinda silly since you haven't seen the movie yet. on the other hand I've seen x1 and x2, and bryan singer wasn't even a fan of x-men nor had he even read an x-men comic when he got the job. He butchered the franchise, made the movies boring and i hate him eternally

So??? There's no rule that says they can't start working on the figs until filming starts. Pre-production started before the filming in August. You think they had no idea what charcters were to be in the film or how they would look until the first day they picked up a camera in August?? Besides that, nobody ever said the figures for a movie that was due out the end of May would need to come out in December like the XMC line did. You sound like a ToyBiz rep w/ these flimbsy excuses....

They're only "flimbsy" to you. @smilepunch@

Anyway, alot of X-3 was not planned out far in advance. Look at the changeup in directors just a mere couple weeks before filming began. It's up to the studio on how much access the toy companies get. That was partly the reason why Doc Ock was delayed into the latter Spider-man series - because they didn't have access to his design until later in the design process. And toy companies prefer to grab peg space from retailers as early on as they can. Spider-man and Fantastic Four figrues all showed up in stores well before the movie. After Christmas is one of the key change around periods in stores, so having a product ready to go secures that space for you.

If they waited until they had the character designs, X-3 figures would be coming out around August.