new sigma pix up

yo-man2

They look pretty decent, not great, but still not too bad. The big vehicles look really good though, and I guess they'll end up being the big draw for the line.

Upon closer review, my previous idea that these might not be that bad seems to be pretty far off. I don't like these at all. I think the detail on these resembles that of the Heroclix, and that's about all I could see using these for.

I don't know fellas, I'm beginning to get a M.A.S.K.-meets-Sky-Commanders-meets-G.I. Joe vibe from these things, and I'm beginning to like them. I definitely like that hovercraft-thingy that looks like the "Aliens" dropship; I'll get that regardless. And I wish some of the figures were more articulated than they are. It's inconsistent how some are articulated (Duke and Heavy Duty) and others aren't (Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Tunnel Rat). That aspect is irritating. But I'm kinda digging these things. I'll have to see them in person to pass final judgement, though.

honestly, what kid in their right minds would buy those?

-saboteur

me :) lol

No but seriously there is hope, with some modifications..............

dragonhawk-4_jpg.jpg

:)

dragonhawk-1_jpg.jpg

If these things were articulated like the 3 3/4" GI Joe's, I'd be all over them...

Wrong scale!

No use for'em!

-saboteur

Y'know, I seem to recall that being said a LOT about the original set of Sigma Six figures. I think all of us (ALL of us) who post on message boards really don't have as good a grasp on the "kid mentality" as we'd all like to believe.

As said before, the big focus of the scale will be vehicles, hell, half of the first assortment in the most basic size are vehicle centric. I think these will hit the same play patterns that made MASK and similar lines popular, and the "vehicle/mini fig" combo isn't exactly new, Mattel has the Batman "gadget" assortment that is quite similar.

This line offers something that cannont be done with the 8" line: massive vehicle battles. And I think provided the cartoon supports this, the line will be popular.

My only beef is the lack of at least consistant articulation, but that may well be a ploy by Hasbro to get kids to by more than one version of the characters

They look like ATTACKTIXs

They are a glorified attacktix figures.

Wrong Scale.

I must fight off any curiosity to buy them.

NOT to say I like them but some of those vehicles look cool, wrong size though.

Size doesn't matter, but for Joes it does.

Wrong scale!

No use for'em!

(LOL) I'm sorry VH, and I'm really not raggin' on ya, but it's like there's this little buzz of a talk going on about these things, and then there's your voice that booms from the background all of a sudden, saying, "BORRR-ING!! FORGET IT!! NOT GONNA BUY IT!!" (hee hee) But I honestly expected worse. (You must be taking your medicine these days...) (lol) So funny man...

Truly, if these things had just a little more detailing in the sculpting, and they were more articulated, I'd be all over them. But like I said, for now I'm just passively interested. Kinda like how I started out with Sigma 6, but we know how that turned out.

Just like we've seen some overlapping of the Sigma 6 and DTC/TRU stuff (i.e. Long Range, new B.A.T.s), I hope they do some 3-3/4" scale versions of those 2" vehicles. That would be so awesome. For example, I've been wanting an updated Vamp forever, among other things...

Wrong scale!

No use for'em!

I agree. In fact, I dislike these much more than the 8" Sigma Six Joes. At least with those, you know... whatever, I've got an 8" Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow that are kind of "curiosities" among my Joe collection, but these... they seem like such a waste. I just don't see them catching on... It's a shame they didn't do 3 3/4" figures, if they wanted to do a smaller scale.

Well, given the state of toys today, its kind of a wonder that Hasbro did the articulated S6 at all!

They gotta dumb things down for kids or, perhaps, in spite of them. Why go tho the trouble of doing more articulated action figures when less articulated ones will do just as well. Look at those turd Justice League figures. I'd pick some up if they even had the articulation of the 70s Star Wars figures.

And weren't the original 3" figures basically intended to be "accessories" for the vehicles as well?

Guest DavAnthony

It always amazes me how Hasbro always seems to see how much (or should it be little) they can get away with.

Instead of giving all of these figures articulation they randomly decided that certain figures get ball jointed shoulder and elbows while others don't even look like their shoulders are articulated.

They've already done a signficant job in torpedoing GIjoe and it's this half-a$$ed effort that makes me concerned about them getting Marvel Legends and how they will drop effort on that as well.

Card art looks great though and it makes me wish they had given a crud about the 3.75" Joes initially and put this kind of effort and thought into their package design.

Unbelievable

Wrong scale!

No use for'em!

Agreed.

The shame is, the vamp, dragon hawk, and atv would of been nice to have as 3 3/4 vehicles. It sucks that vehicle design finally gets it right, but in the wrong scale. If they had put as much effort into the 3 3/4 line vehicles as they had in these, there might not have been a need for Sigma Six.

just me or are those stupider then sh!t? the only one that partly decent is the truck with SE and long range!

TM

man i have to agree with you TM you can get better figs out of a happymeal. the vechails are going to be the seller of this line. but like S6 i wont buy this crap either. they need to just stick with what works and thats the 3 3/4in line. if they put more effort in to that line it would be a great seller.

-saboteur

me :) lol

No but seriously there is hope, with some modifications..............

dragonhawk-4_jpg.jpg

:)

dragonhawk-1_jpg.jpg

You know I'm buying one to convert!!!

Meh... unfortunately I think the dropship would lose a lot of its impact if you were just to convert the cockpit for bigger figures. It's still a shame - they should really upsize the mold (they seem to be able to do this for TF figures) for us 3 3/4" fans.