52 - Weekly Series

Degato

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 - Week 16

Black Adam: It's the wedding of Black Adam and Isis. The long awaited union of the two Khandaqian heroes. *end sarcasm here*

This issue is (except for the last two pages) entirely dedicated to the wedding and Montoya and Sage's stopping of a suicide bomber. I'm not impressed with this issue, nor do I have delusions that I'll be impressed with every issue, as I don't have much feelings or thoughts invested in Black Adam as a character. I read about him in JSA but, that's pretty much it.

Did anyone else find it strange that Captain Marvel seemed 'normal' again? Perhaps once he leaves the lair (I forget what it's called right now) he doesn't hear the voices and he gets back to normalacy?

Lost heroes: They're going 'home.' Um....where could THAT be? hahahaha

Black Adam origins: Nice to see J.G. Jones' artwork on this.

Yeah I was wondering about Captain Marvel and his newfound scruples.

And I wasn't that bothered about the death of Booster Gold, the way DC likes to write stories he'll be up and about in no time...

If Supernova was Booster from another time period, then wouldn't their mutual existence depend on each other? or wouldn't they explode if they're in the same time zone or something?

Or am I just applying my sci fi general knowledge a little too thinly...

Possibly an older Booster/time slip type thing.

My bets are still on Superboy being Supernova. That'll keep the name in the Superman family.

whoa... trippy.. Superboy is on the gl homeworld though still locked up... unless there PBS all go boom ( & I can't wait till they do!) then hes staying there for good!

52 - Week 16

Black Adam: It's the wedding of Black Adam and Isis. The long awaited union of the two Khandaqian heroes. *end sarcasm here*

This issue is (except for the last two pages) entirely dedicated to the wedding and Montoya and Sage's stopping of a suicide bomber. I'm not impressed with this issue, nor do I have delusions that I'll be impressed with every issue, as I don't have much feelings or thoughts invested in Black Adam as a character. I read about him in JSA but, that's pretty much it.

Did anyone else find it strange that Captain Marvel seemed 'normal' again? Perhaps once he leaves the lair (I forget what it's called right now) he doesn't hear the voices and he gets back to normalacy?

Lost heroes: They're going 'home.' Um....where could THAT be? hahahaha

Black Adam origins: Nice to see J.G. Jones' artwork on this.

I like the lost heros bit... and marvel said the voices get worse during the night so maybe its not as bad during the day?.. ?night?!day?! its day and night someplace everywhere & they are in side a floating rock how can they tell? :D

Allso I'm think one sorta either gets use to it or goes out right crazy.... Like how you go into a a building and theres all the background noise is really loud at first but then you don't notice it...

52 - Week 17

Lost Heroes: They're lost. The giant comes back to get his weapon. Lobo was hunting the giant. Lobo has turned to religion. Lobo decides to help the lost heroes.

Origins: Lobo....duh.

I hate lobo...allways have... allways will... so over rated... He is the wolverine of the DC verse only NOT COOL!!

I used to think Animal Man sucked, but he's actually growin' on me!!! :o

#US1#

amazing what good writing can do eh? & the time to do it on no names like him...

I actaully find some guys just don't work well unless they are in a small team as well... no matter what you do to em...

ironman for example, I can never stand unless he is in a team... I won't get near his solo books...

Yes! Dr Fate's helmet has turned up. A new story in 52 methinks, although, Ralph sure got over his trauma quickly...

[/quote

No he didn't they jumped a head a year again!! Really dude you need to go back & read the comic again!!!

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Yes! Dr Fate's helmet has turned up. A new story in 52 methinks, although, Ralph sure got over his trauma quickly...

[/quote

No he didn't they jumped a head a year again!! Really dude you need to go back & read the comic again!!!

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Ha!

Man we gonna have some sort of Crisis on infinite one year 52 earths later or something at this rate!

Did I forget a crisis?

The one about identifying Ralph Dibney's wife or something...no, its gone.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Black adam over Cpt. Marvel ? Blasphemy !!!! Eventually Black Adam will go too far and Cpt Marvel will have to beat him down and make him cry like a girl just like he has done many times before.

Also, Cpt. Marvel is going to change quite a bit.

In Shadowpact, right after Crisis and Day of Vengeance they investigate a mysterious red barrier. The phantom stranger gets them inside to see what's happening, and it turns out the barrier was erected over a village where these magic villains were sacrificing people for some ancient evil. Shadowpact go in and win, but when they break the barrier a year has passed since they went in leading us to believe they were inside while 52 is going on. Basically issue 4 is OYL.

So far I've been disappointed with the book. Day of Vengeance was great, but this little story was pretty boring.

52 - Week 18

Shadow Pact: The Croatoans find one of their own wearing the Dr. Fate helmet. As Terri touches Tim, he melts into a puddle of water. Detective Chimp calls on Ralph Dibny for his expertise. Ralph is hiding out in Marseilles, France. Dibny decides to go with them to meet up with the Shadow Pact and see what they can do with Dr. Fate's helmet. Dr. Fate 'chooses' Ralph as the sucessor of the 10th Age of Magic. It seems everyone but Ralph heard Dr. Fate's voice as Ralph wanders off with the helmet.

Black Adam: Vic and Rene are being honored with medals of honor for saving Khandaq from the suicide bomber. Black Adam is a bit pissed that Rene didn't show up. THey find her drunk as a skunk and playing around with another chick. Needless to say, this makes Adam more pissed. Vic brings everyone back into focus and says that this is about Intergang and no one else. Black Adam agrees.

Booster Gold: The funeral is held in Cincinnati, Ohio as that's one of the few cities that would actually hold the processions. Skeets and Clark Kent are attending. Clark asks Skeets if he needs a lift back to Metropolis and Skeets detects an ancestor of Booster's named Jon Carter. Perhaps he will be the next Booster Gold? Hmmm....

Origins: Vic Sage, The Question.

Thoughts: The 'Next in 52" looks to focus back on the black board that Booster found a while back, Lobo is looking at an 'eye,' and it seems Super Nova is going to visit Wonder Girl. Super Nova....Superboy? We shall see.

Ah I see your shadowpact dilemma.

I thought day of Vengeance was ok...I thought the whole 'tenth age of magic' is a good idea but to be honest, I thought the story could've handled the whole premise alot better. It seemed too 'super heroy' for my liking; too much rough housing and explicit concepts for my taste - I like my magic use dark and in the unknown. Instead it seemed to be banded around like any other superpower, which of course it isn't.