Cybertron Soundblast

Gundam Prime

It's possible, since they're also releasing the dark Liger Jack.

But this one isn't such a striking repaint and the only real reason for releasing it would be to indulge the G1 fans among us.

So I vote no :(

I vote no simply because I don't think they could fit it in the release slate before the line ends

We still have the Vector Prime repaint, Quickmix, Nemesis Breaker, the rumored Mudflap redeco, and I wouldn't be surprised if Evac's repaint was on tap, much less if they surprise us and give us the Voyager Starscream

I vote no simply because I don't think they could fit it in the release slate before the line ends

We still have the Vector Prime repaint, Quickmix, Nemesis Breaker, the rumored Mudflap redeco, and I wouldn't be surprised if Evac's repaint was on tap, much less if they surprise us and give us the Voyager Starscream

We got the voyager ss (repainted a bit, but we got it); that tru exclusive two-pack w/ vector prime. I think we'll get a repainted sw. It might be in the next line (just like we got repainted armada and energon repaints in this line), but I think we'll get him.

1. "Soundblaster" isn't a Takara release, it's akin to the eHobby repaints.

2. Red Excillion (or however it's spelled) was a Takara release, so while it is surprising that we got Excellion, it's not as unexpected as a Hasbro version of Soundblaster would be.

3. He wouldn't be named Soundblaster, as that is a trademark of Creative Labs. *shudders at the thought of "Nemesis Soundwave"*

Granted, if Hasbro does get a wild hair and actually release their own version, I'll probably buy it...

i still cant find this bugger @grumpy@ however i did finally get shortround :D

If we get him he'll probably be called Dark SW, like the other decepticon repaints (skorponok, crumplezone).

change the head a bit, give him a different partner and you'll have Blaster

oh, and change the colors

Brilliant thought I think Hasbro would have this is an exclusive for the con sometime in the future

... the rumored Mudflap redeco...

Where'd that one come from?

Nevermore at TFW, supposedly a Constructicon repaint of Mudflap. Besides, being a wave 2 release, Mudflap is probably going to get a repaint.

If Energon is any indication, then the first 1/3 to 1/4 of the line will be repainted before all is said and done so as far as Voyagers:

Vector Prime? Check

Crumplezone? Check (though with mold tweaks)

Mudflap? Rumored

Leobreaker? Check

Evac? Nothing yet

CDF Scattorshot? Not yet

Soundwave? Not yet

Quickmix? Not going to happen (too late a release)

Energon had a total of 13 voyager releases, of those, 5 were repaints of previous releases. As of May 2006, Cybertron has had 8 Voyager releases (1 repaint/retool), with 2 more releases (1 a repaint) due before fall. Fall we have the Vector Prime repaint confirmed.

That is 11 figures, and most of the time the oldest figures will be given priority on repaints, meaning if we have a repaint of Mudflap and Evac on tap (being the oldest figures without repaints), that would bring the total Cybertron releases to 13 (5 of them being repaints). If there are any more repaints, then CDF Scattorshot is due up before Soundwave.

Though that certainly doesn't mean Hasbro might not do a homage release in the future with this mold, but it won't be part of the Cybertron line proper

I realize that Mudflap was wave 2, I have just not seen anything that indicated that he would get a repaint. Unlike CD Scattorshot who has a second listing at Wal-mart.com for August. Most likely a repaint.

The figures wave-age doesn't really guarantee a repaint, as Energon also showed us.