to send away for lucas figure or not

king kahn

well i got the 5 figs needed to send away for lucas in storm trooper gear. it led me to a thought how many of you are buying this wave and sending in for him(or multiple ones)??

i am sending in for just one and i only bought one set. so my ratio is 1:1. how many sets have all of you bought and how many are you sending in?

since i was thinking this must be MURDER for mosc collectors. i admit i want to keep these on card since they look neat but pretty much lose any value once taken out of the outer clear case. plus i was a bit annoyed i had to buy greedo and the sand person since i was never REALLY too fond of them

well i got the 5 figs needed to send away for lucas in storm trooper gear. it led me to a thought how many of you are buying this wave and sending in for him(or multiple ones)??

i am sending in for just one and i only bought one set. so my ratio is 1:1. how many sets have all of you bought and how many are you sending in?

since i was thinking this must be MURDER for mosc collectors. i admit i want to keep these on card since they look neat but pretty much lose any value once taken out of the outer clear case. plus i was a bit annoyed i had to buy greedo and the sand person since i was never REALLY too fond of them

What loss of value do these have in the case versus out of the case? You don't have to destroy the carded figure at all to send away for the figure. Just put them in Star Cases or use cases from the first series figures if you have extras around.

Well if you have the figures already, why not send it?

I'll gladly buy the things you need to send in off anyone whos buying the figures if you don't want hte clone :)

To me,its a big hassle in my opinion.I don't think its worth the trouble.The GL figure you get is pretty lame.If Lucas was in his flannel shirt and jeans.Hasbro would have something.

See to me that would be the most boring SW figure ever and just plain stupid.

Draven

I think this one is neat cause you can use it as just a regular stormy hopefully... I mean you can switch the heads if you should ever want too right?...

To me,its a big hassle in my opinion.I don't think its worth the trouble.The GL figure you get is pretty lame.If Lucas was in his flannel shirt and jeans.Hasbro would have something.

See to me that would be the most boring SW figure ever and just plain stupid.

Draven

Yeah,you got a point there.

Still no sign of the VTSC figures in my area. I've heard several hardcore collectors (read: eBay Powersellers) boast that they've scored several cases from my local Target and two Walmarts before they ever had a chance to be put on pegs, but I have yet to actually get my hands on any. I have a case ordered from Action Figure Xpress, but they've been having trouble getting their cases from Hasbro.

After all the hassle and frustration I've had over just trying to GET these figures, I don't know if I'm even going to bother with the "Georgetrooper" offer.

On a related note...

A lot of collectors on here speak of "keeping a second figure/case of figures/vehicle, etc. MOC or MIB" as if these things are going to make us all independently wealthy at some point in the future. Honestly, I can't really see this happening with the newer Star Wars toylines, because Lucasfilm Head of Fan Relations Steve Sansweet has said that Hasbro renewed its license with Lucasfilm until 2018 (Scouting The Galaxy, Star Wars Insider Issue 84 Nov./Dec. 2005). That's right...another 12 years' worth of MOC figures and MIB vehicles. And knowing Hasbro's penchant for simply repackaging figures from past lines as fresh figures, we may see both the Rebel Jorge Secul and Imperial Georgetrooper versions of Uncle George as a two-pack at some point in the future. We've already seen a repackage of the VOTC R2-D2 as a TSC basic figure, so anything is possible as far as I'm concerned. The collector's market is just so saturated with rehashes of the same Star Wars figures over and over, that I don't see the value of these figures/vehicles ever really skyrocketing like the original vintage stuff did for awhile.

But hope and bank accounts spring eternal, I guess...

The funny thing is that since alot of people are going to send away for it and all those scalpers are buying cases of them so they can have multiplies of him to out on the bay when the offer is over the rare ones might be the mip figs with the offer still in it. I could easily see years from now a Mip greedo with offer sticker still in it going for big bucks

If the figures would show up around here, I'd buy a set, but apparently Hasbro is boycotting my area with these......

However, I would love to see a "GeorgeTrooper" taking on Rebel Pilot Jorg Sacul........................

Is the GL fig super articulated? I wouldn't want him unless he was.

This is a matter of debate. I've seen a pic of the unpackaged figure and it was using the body of the old POTJ Stormtrooper. However, more recent pics have surfaced showing a packaged figure inside the clamshell. This second version was a retooled VOTC Stormtrooper body with Uncle George's head and a removeable helmet. The ball-socket torso was clearly visable on the figure.

I ordered two of them, but I am keeping a set of the figs in package just in case.