With the great new Thor...

Mystery Man

Was Hercules even an Asgardian?

Nope.

Anyway, of the ones mentioned in this thread, I think the only characters we have the slightest CHANCE of seeing are Odin and Enchantress. No one mentioned Thunderstrike, and I think we'd even see HIM before any of the others listed in this thread. I've never heard of any of the other characters (except Surtur) and if I haven't (and I'm aware of most things marvel, even if not knowledgeable, I'm at least aware), then would it really be marketable to kids?

Thor, Loki, and Enchantress would satisfy me, Odin would be a perk, and Thunderstrike I would go for just to have the extra Avenger. Plus I still consider Beta Ray Bill an "Asgardian", whether he counts or not.

If you count Beta Ray Bill (which is not even the transformed character's name) as an Asgardian and you've never heard of Ulik, the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Balder or Sif, then you don't REALLY know that much about Marvel Comics.

I never even really read Thor and I have heard of all those characters dozens of times.

I had no interest in learning anything about Beta Ray Bill because I was never really into Thor, and to me he's always just some horse in a Thor costume. But I group him with Thor, as I would group Asgardians with Thor.

I have heard of Ulik, but only because he had a trading card in one of the marvel series back in the early 90s. The rest, no, but would you classify them as mainstream characters? Were they active and involved in the late 80s/early 90s when I was most involved in comics? Are these characters that major that it calls into question my knowledge of Marvel Comics? Have they appeared in a cartoon? On a lunchbox? A trading card? That's what I mean by marketable. Is Toy Biz/Hasbro going to sit and think "Should we put Savage Land Wolverine in Marvel Legends Wave 16? Nah... we really should do Heimdall."

So sue me, I was in a hurry to post my really happy good idea about this all and didn't mention that Hercules wasn't really an Asgardian but an Olympian. If you've read plenty of Thor then you know what I'm talkin' about. And those're the people I'm really trying to talk to.

Y'know, converse... be friendly... alla that jazz.

And I would much rather have a Heimdall than a Savage Land Wolverine.

-M

I wasn't trying to rag on you for that, I was trying to clarify because I remember that Hercules would always kind of treat Thor like kin, but I know he's from different origins.

Believe me, I'm the last to want another Wolverine, but my point was what is marketable. Okay, I guess my contribution to this thread is done.

I wasn't trying to rag on you for that, I was trying to clarify because I remember that Hercules would always kind of treat Thor like kin, but I know he's from different origins.

Believe me, I'm the last to want another Wolverine, but my point was what is marketable. Okay, I guess my contribution to this thread is done.

Nah, I knew you weren't trying to rag me. I just wanted to clarify for my own comfort that I did know that Hercules wasn't an Asgardian. Like I said, I was just super hurried and wanted to post before I left for work.

And I also figured you were kidding concerning the other Wolverine and yeah, I understand your point about what "they" deem as marketable. It really is a shame.

But one can dream for "them" to release more, new characters, right?

But no, don't quit contributing. There's no reason for that at all, man. I was just letting you guys know what I knew. I don't think anybody's offended or anything. I'm sure as hell not. Don't sweat it.

-Matt