With the great new Thor...

Mystery Man

An Odin would be keen as hell, as would the Warriors Three (Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg).

Then there could be a Sif, Balder, and Heimdall.

OOH! And a Surtur and Frost Giant and Enchantress... !

Hell, I'm STILL pining away for a Hercules as one of my top 5 most wanted figures ever.

Is anybody else with me on this?

-M

They'd be really cool!

Actually, I've been getting a couple of the Lord of the Rings figures to stand in for Asgardians. They aren't really the same as the characters in the comics but they're as close as I'm going to get. Also I have some orcs for Loki's servants.

Can't say I have been longing for them....but I do really want the new WM Thor.

We want so much, they can't do erverything. But less IM's and Wolverine's an there could be much more figures.

See, I partially agree here. I'm okay with new Iron Man armors. But it's Wolverine's and especially X-Men in general that I'm getting worn out on. Most of the BAF are X-related. Each wave has at least one X-character. I like the X-Men, don't get me wrong. But I'm more of an old Marvel fan who when I think of teams, I think FF and Avengers. FF has their own Classics line (all two waves of it to disappear when those "great" lookin' animated figures come out. BLAH) and so does Spidey... but I really miss seeing Avengers characters on the fore-front.

But anyway, yeah, back to the Asgardian boxed set idea.

It could have Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, Balder, Heimdall and Sif.

And a carded version of Odin and Hercules.

That'd do just find for me.

Ooh, and a Ulik!

-M

No.

Not at all.

Loki and Thor are good, but no more Asgaurdians.

They're freakin' boring.

lol wolvie has different outfits too, if multiple ironmans are fine with ya so should the wolvies :P

the only bad move imo on there part was sticking x23 & astonishing xmen wovlie in the same wave :S oie!

Yeah, I figure Odin, Enchantress and Excutioner were all characters that deserved the ML treatment. Even the Warrior's Three would have made an excellent boxset. Could have packaged that one with an armored Thor and Sif.

I've never been big on Marvels encarnations of the Norse gods. They've always seemed out of place in the Marvel Universe. They seem more suited to the DC Universe.

Sure, the real mythology (oxymoron?) of the Norse gods is a great read, but having action figures of them just doesn't seem appealing, to me.

However, the Enchantress would be acceptable.

Was Hercules even an Asgardian?

Anyway, of the ones mentioned in this thread, I think the only characters we have the slightest CHANCE of seeing are Odin and Enchantress. No one mentioned Thunderstrike, and I think we'd even see HIM before any of the others listed in this thread. I've never heard of any of the other characters (except Surtur) and if I haven't (and I'm aware of most things marvel, even if not knowledgeable, I'm at least aware), then would it really be marketable to kids?

Thor, Loki, and Enchantress would satisfy me, Odin would be a perk, and Thunderstrike I would go for just to have the extra Avenger. Plus I still consider Beta Ray Bill an "Asgardian", whether he counts or not.

I would like the normal Loki.. I hate the costume of the ML13 one.

the only other Thor-related character I want is uh... what's his name? ULIK? he looks cool

Was Hercules even an Asgardian?

Nope.

Anyway, of the ones mentioned in this thread, I think the only characters we have the slightest CHANCE of seeing are Odin and Enchantress. No one mentioned Thunderstrike, and I think we'd even see HIM before any of the others listed in this thread. I've never heard of any of the other characters (except Surtur) and if I haven't (and I'm aware of most things marvel, even if not knowledgeable, I'm at least aware), then would it really be marketable to kids?

Thor, Loki, and Enchantress would satisfy me, Odin would be a perk, and Thunderstrike I would go for just to have the extra Avenger. Plus I still consider Beta Ray Bill an "Asgardian", whether he counts or not.

If you count Beta Ray Bill (which is not even the transformed character's name) as an Asgardian and you've never heard of Ulik, the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Balder or Sif, then you don't REALLY know that much about Marvel Comics.

I never even really read Thor and I have heard of all those characters dozens of times.

i just want a Surtur BAF. flaming head and underpants with flaming sword. ohhh yes.

@loll@ I hope the "underpants" part wasn't what turned you on. j/k

Anyway, i too would like to see the Asgardians in figure form, but only a select few. Characters from the whole Thor Universe like Odin, Enchantress, Executioner, Quicksand, Heimdall, Surtur, and Bloodaxe all would be cool. Although they weren't Asgardians, Hercules and Gilgamesh would be cool figures.

not just any underpants, but -flaming- underpants :P

i just want a Surtur BAF. flaming head and underpants with flaming sword. ohhh yes.

@loll@ I hope the "underpants" part wasn't what turned you on. j/k

Anyway, i too would like to see the Asgardians in figure form, but only a select few. Characters from the whole Thor Universe like Odin, Enchantress, Executioner, Quicksand, Heimdall, Surtur, and Bloodaxe all would be cool. Although they weren't Asgardians, Hercules and Gilgamesh would be cool figures.