Draft Losers

Crimson Twins

I think the Bears screwed up big time.. they drafted two project CBs, a DT, LB, and a FB.. pretty crappy.

they had great options available at positions they really needed... what really hurt was that they didn't draft a TE when a great one was available to thm...

Well, definitely the Texans. The president will be fired after this season.

As for other teams, I'd have to say the Vikings. I think I heard the Vikings fired their new GM the other day after only four months on the job. That doesn't sound too good.

I dont think Oakland messed up by not taking Leinart. He doesn't have the arm that is needed in the Oakland passing game. Leinart is a short accurate passer like Rich Gannon was. But by adding Randy Moss and losing possession recievers like Brown and Rice the offense totally changed. Leinart can't make the throws that Oakland needed him to make.

Besides they drafted Andrew Walter last year and they are very happy with him.

As far as Huff goes, they needed him. Charles Woodson just left and the secondary was in bad shape before. I was hoping AJ Hawk would still be available but since he wasn't I was glad they took Huff.

Oakland just didnt need a QB with Aaron Brooks, Walter and Tui. That would be way too much $ tied up in a full position.

As far as Huff goes, they needed him. Charles Woodson just left and the secondary was in bad shape before. I was hoping AJ Hawk would still be available but since he wasn't I was glad they took Huff.

I was also hoping AJ Hawk would have slipped to the 7th pick. He would have added a much needed "spark" to thier defense.

yeah Thing I knew the only teams that would take a shot at him before us were 5 & 6 (Greenbay and you know who). I was hoping they'd go another direction. Oh well I think Huff will be great. Now we have a whole bunch of young corners who are just going to keep getting better.

I think the Bears screwed up big time.. they drafted two project CBs, a DT, LB, and a FB.. pretty crappy.

they had great options available at positions they really needed... what really hurt was that they didn't draft a TE when a great one was available to thm...

Yeah I wasn't too thrilled with the Bears draft either. What got me going #WTF# even more was Jerry Angelo saying "we don't feel like we had any urgent needs to fill in this draft."

@hmmm@ :unsure: #WTF#

I guess they weren't seeing an offense that was sorely lacking (in several areas actually) but most notably a really good tight end. It was good that they got some depth at kick returner, that was a sore spot last year and they did get some added depth in the defensive backfield. If you remember, injuries in the secondary was one of the big reasons why they lost in the playoffs last year.

The thing is, there were probably better players they could have selected at those positions and didn't. But I won't judge them yet, the Bears have had a knack of getting some really good players in the later rounds of the draft while they've struggled with many of their earlier picks. So maybe they managed to find a couple of diamonds in the rough...who knows.

All I know is that they STILL need more guys who are capable of catching the ball on offense and can make things happen, especially on 3rd downs (where not having a really good tight end really hurts).

If you look at how the Bears have been over the years, the tight ends have become less and less important in the offensive game plans they run. They'd rather have ends who can block in the running game rather than go out and catch some passes. I've never understood this mentality. The more offensive weapons you have, the harder it is to defend against everything.

At a time where we have a golden chance to take advantage of a weakening division, I expected more. They do have a good chance to win it again next season, but I don't see anything changing much. Maybe they'll manage to win a playoff game, but sadly I don't see them having the kind of team that can go beyond that.

Umm...the Bills because they were drafting players not even on other teams' boards. WTF?? I also think they could have drafted a QB because I don't see Losman becoming a star in the league

Umm...the Bills because they were drafting players not even on other teams' boards. WTF?? I also think they could have drafted a QB because I don't see Losman becoming a star in the league

Yeah, they've put a whole lot of stock in Lossman, and I see them trying to ride every last red cent out of him in the hopes that 'someday' may come around, and he'll be a star.

I just remember everyone looking at the Bills first round pick and having that 'deer in the headlights' look. They didn't even have footage of the guy ready on ESPN when they called his name. They were showing another guy they thought would have gone there. @loll@

They said he was going to resign anyway. ESPN also said that he was basically a 'yes boy' for the Texans organization. They said he was willing to take the flak for not picking Bush because he was going to move up to a higher position within the NFL.

Well, Mario Williams better lead the league in sacks, tackles, interceptions because if Bush has an outstanding career, Texans fans will be cursing.

I don't think picking up Bush would of helped the texans more than Super Mario. But don't quote me on that. Neither have proved themselves at the next level...so it will be interesting to see who has a better career.