Any Joe guys (or gals) in Hawaii?

Crimson Twins

Well, I found out today that without a doubt, I will be on my way to Hawaii in either June or July (depending on wether or not I can get my orders deferred).

So, I was wondering, anyone here from the aloha state? Does Hawaii have anywhere that I can go to buy Joes? Anyone know anything about the place other than the touristy info everyone's been filling me in on for about a month now?

Oh, and I guess this ruins any chance of me getting to a convention for the next 3 years. I seriously doubt they will have one in Hawaii.

I've been over there a couple (and was married there) times, have a blast! They have ABC Stores everywhere but I doubt they carry Joes. On Oahu, I've been to the big flea market at the football stadium where the Aloha Bowl is played, so you may check that out while you're there for Joe items.

Yo Crimson I'm from Oahu and let me tell you that finding joes is hard work here! The only place that has anything new is our only Toys'rus cause they got the dtc stuff. Other then that it's kaybees and the flea markets. Don't expect to find much on this island, the scalpers make up 80% of our collector community! If you need help though let me know, always happy to help a fellow TNIer out!

I'll have to look you up when I get there man. I should be getting there by July 10th if my deferment goes through OK. If I can't get my orders pushed back, I'll have to be there by June 10th. That's quite a crunch considering I've kids that don't get out of school until the last week in May.

I hate to hear that the scalpers are so big there. It was like that at my last duty station, too. So, are the flea markets decent when it comes to Joes?

To be honest they're far and few my friend. Most of the figs you find are either incomplete, broken, or super loose. If you find stuff at the flea market brand new expect it to be newer stuff, like the dtc and later jvc. And of course if you do see them there it's the same scalper guys on ebay with their marvel legends, wwe, and tamagotchi's for high prices.